The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

New adds:

Billy Ocean [i completely forgot about this guy... well, he's getting on the 80s sites now]

Caribbean Queen, Loveboy, There'll Be Sad Songs, Suddenly, When The Going Gets Tough

Jefferson Starship - Winds of Change (a Top 20 hit that was not easy to find)

Edited by hitman531ph
  • 2 weeks later...

I never knew that the Top 5 Madonna hit "Angel" (from Like a Virgin album) was a hard-to-find item. Believe it or not. Anyway, I got both album and extended versions uploaded, along with Every Now and Then by Earth Wind and Fire (also surprisingly hard to find) and Bob Seger's Against the Wind and Shame on the Moon

Other uploads courtesy of thonetteski's own site.

Edited by hitman531ph

You can still listen to them (Housemartins) in their reincarnation: The Beautiful South. :)

housemartins cool too!!! i think one is still in the music industry... i think its fatboy slim... and camouflage, theyre into techno now, are they really? bjork... love her then love her now.. bahaus and napalm death... old school goth love them then still love them now!!

A very interesting thread especially for one who grew up in the 80s. As for my share here's a partial list of the bands I used to (and still) listening to:

Joy Division / New Order

The Cure

The Railway Children

White China

The Care / The Wild Swans

10,000 Maniacs / Natalie Merchant

Depeche Mode

Yazoo

H2O

The Clash

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry

Red Box

P.I.L.

R.E.M.

Scarlett & Black

Aztec Camera

Bolshoi UK

Sisters of Mercy

The Mission

Jesus and Mary Chain

Soft Cell / Marc Almond

The Alarm

The Adventures

The Smiths / Morrissey

Altered Images

April Showers

B-Movie

Blancmange

Big Audio Dynamite

Gracepool

In Tua Nua

The Jam

The Reivers

Screaming Blue Messiah

Tuesday Blue

Translator

Crowded House / Tim Finn

Ultravox / Midge Ure

Violent Femmes

Weather Prophets

Voice of America

Wire Train

Three o' Clock

The Sound

Soup Dragons

Let's Go Crazy is up on the third site.

Also up is Brent Bourgeois - Dare To Fall In Love (took me a very long time to find this rare RT classic - Brent only had one solo hit.)

Tina Paner? Seriously tough one to find. I'll try to look for it. I'm not sure if I can find it but I'll certainly try

SPANDAU BALLET REUNITES

The five original band members - Tony Hadley, Steve Norman, John Keeble, and brothers Martin and Gary Kemp - chose HMS Belfast on the Thames, the scene of their famous 1980 gig, to announce they had buried the hatchet.

They will pocket an estimated £12 million for the tour, which kicks off in October with a string of British dates before heading to Europe, Asia and Australia. The band's first comeback performance will be on BBC One show Friday Night With Jonathan Ross in the coming weeks.

The last time fans saw the band together, they were facing off across a court room. Hadley, Norman and Keeble sued songwriter Gary Kemp for a £1 million share of the royalties, but lost. There followed years of acrimony in which they communicated solely through lawyers.

Hadley, the band's lead singer, continued the feud with Kemp for years but now claims to have put all differences aside. "Time is a great healer," he said. "As you can see, we are back together again and we are very happy boys.

"We first met in the pub, had a few beers, the stories and the anecdotes came out and we just realised we are great mates."

Martin added: "We are like any family - families go through troubled times sometimes and argue and get back together."

The tour will be a nostalgia trip for fans and the band have promised to play all of their greatest hits. Their run of chart success began in 1980 with To Cut A Long Story Short and lasted for seven years. They sold more than 25 million albums worldwide and their singles included Gold, Only When You Leave and Through The Barricades.

Joking about the flamboyant costumes they wore in their New Romantic heyday, Hadley said: "Before anybody asks - we're not wearing kilts, frilly shirts, our mums' blouses or anything else."

They may be fast approaching their 50th birthdays, but the band said they had no worries about getting in shape for a gruelling world tour. "We're fitter now. We were too hungover in the Eighties," Martin said.

post-23387-1238300750.jpg

post-23387-1238300782.jpg

post-23387-1238300811.jpg

post-23387-1238300818.jpg