The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

• 2 weeks later...

In line with the season, new uploads are Christmas songs from the 80s...

Eurythmics - Winter Wonderland

Bryan Adams - Run Rudolph Run

Madonna - Santa Baby

Run DMC - Christmas in Hollis

John Cougar Mellencamp - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Merry Christmas Baby

U2- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

And in other 80's related music news...

The Best Act Ever as voted by the viewers of MTV Europe on 7 Nov 2008 is none other than...(Drumroll)...

RICK ASTLEY!!!

Yes people, the white guy everyone thought was black; the bass-baritone voiced 80's sensation from the generic sounding stable of Stock Aitken Waterman; the singer described as gay in an episode of Family Guy, has been voted the best act EVER!

In case you're wondering why, or even care, this was the result of an internet prank called "Rickrolling", which brought Rick out from obscurity and propelled him back into the spotlight, and into the consciousness of a whole new generation of fans.

Feel free to react in whichever way you think appropriate.

Verification, and latest photo of Astley here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...sic-Awards.html

Richard Paul Astley aka Rick Astley is best known for his first album, Whenever You Need Somebody in 1987-88. His second album, Holf Me In Your Arms, met success in 1988 but not quite the same as the first. The third album, Free, came out in 1991 and met with even lesser success.

Whenever You Need Somebody is Double Platinum in USA and Canada, Quadruple Platinum in UK, Platinum in Germany and Belgium and Double Gold in France.

Hold Me In Your Arms is Double Platinum in Canada and Gold in USA.

"Cry For Help" is the first single off the "Free" album and marked the last time Rick Astley appeared in the Top 10 or even the Top 40.

post-23387-1230619242.jpg

post-23387-1230619691.jpg

post-23387-1230619715.jpg

question? what radio station who introduce new wave in the philippines?????

Many radio stations actually carried new wave music in the 80s. B52s, Go-Go's and Devo are some of the new wave acts then. These are the radio-friendly, popular new wave hits. However, a former disco station (the Romualdez-owned Magic Disco 102) changed format and specialized in popular and underground new wave. It was WXB 102 that greatly contributed to flourishing of underground new wave. 99.5 RT, Power105 and later, NU107 followed suit.

Nowadays, to listen to new wave, tune in to Hilary every Friday 9am - 12 nn for Free State Sound on Jam 88.3. Also, tune in to 24K Weekend's New Wave Extra with Ron Valentine every Saturday 6pm - 10pm on 99.5 RT.

question? what radio station who introduce new wave in the philippines?????

Sir i would like to correct you in this topics
RJ Fm and Rj am really introduce new wave scene in the philippines
they started new music during 1982
those where the days of (HAWLING DAVE and BOB MAGOO)
they introduce genre such as ska, mod, garage, rockabilly, gothic,
i first heard siouxie and the banshes singing christine, madness one step beyound
wxb is still not around those years

and im one of those fortunate guys who had been in the scene

thank for your kind response
ERFWINDFIRE

80s on the radio...

Sundays: Mellow 94.7 2pm - 6pm - all 80s music

99.5 RT 24K Weekend - 2am - 12mn 80s and 90s music

Fridays: Jam 88.3 Free State Sound - 80s and 90s new wave - 9am - 12nn

Magic 89.9 - Friday Magic Madness - 70s, 80s and 90s music - 12mn-11:59pm

Saturdays: 99.5 RT 24K Weekend's New Wave Extra - 6pm - 10pm

99.5 RT 24K Weekend's 24K on the mix - 80s - 90s dancefloor hits 10pm - 2am

• 2 weeks later...

would anyone happen to know a link to the top pop hits in the Philippines during 1988? there's a pop song i'm looking that usually got played on the radio with gloria estefan's 1,2,3.

Not sure but i think the title is 'double standard', if that'll help.

Edited by boibastos
Mike Francis passed away on January 30, 2009 of lung cancer. May he rest in peace. His music lives on

Oh my. This news really shocked me. Came to know about it only from this thread, and just now. I was earlier playing "Survivor" in my car while on my way home.

Luckily, i was able to watch his concert during the 90's. A very cool performer on stage. "Let Me In", "Friends", "Suddenly Back to Me", and "Survivor" were true 80s classics.