The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

hey hitman.. just found on ur second 80's site, Message of Love by steve allen.. been wanting to hear this song for a long time, gave me goosebumps :blush: .. tnx bro.. :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :rolleyes:

maybe you can also add the following:

why me by irene cara

the other version of Give me back my heart (came out around 86-87 yata, couldnt recall the artist tho :unsure: )

hey little girl by matthew wilder

nice weekend to you :cool:

The first 80s site is still open for everyone. Since it is nearly full, I can not add much content to them. The second site is built to accommodate more uploads for everyone to enjoy. Just visit the second site for a lot of new additions.

For those following the RT classics, more content has just been added. It's a treasure chest of sorts.

And for late 80s dance classics, there are some songs added worth your while.

Hard-to-find 80s new wave dance classics have also been added.

Edited by hitman531ph

Duran Duran reunited in 2004 with an album which chalked up a minor hit 'Reach Out For The Sunrise'. They toured for about a year. They released a concert DVD which featured their 80s and 90s hits and 2 songs from the 2004 album. The band has been in hiatus again lately.

Spandau Ballet performed in reunion concerts with ABC in 2006 in a tour that took them across the UK and US but unlike Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet and ABC released no album or video.

^ thanks for the info hitman531ph! The band is coming here with a concert Red Carpet Massacre: Duran Duran… Live in Manila! That's on April 10. I hope I can watch. :)

After the 2004 reunion of the 5 original members, lead guitarist Andy Taylor has left the band again. Only the 4 remaining members will be coming to Manila (as can be seen in the promo materials). They'll probably use a session musician to handle the lead guitar chores.

Had the chance to talk about the song with some new wave die-hards and new wave album collectors way back, when Klub 102 bar was still operating (i miss the crowd, not the bar ^_^ Miss you guys!). Most of us agreed RT was the station that introduced the song, and so with this "Medium By Fade" pseudo title. Maybe your right. Maybe it was XB's weak signal (which a lot of new wavers are very much aware of) that made it look like RT was the first to play "More to Lose", and not XB 102. Regardless of what station played the song first, "More To Lose" will always be considered as one of the most loved new wave songs to hit the 80's; probably the new wave generation's "Light My Fire", so to speak. If there are those who thought RT should be given the credit, i think that wont make WXB's great contribution to new wave music scene any less. ;)

Thanks for the info, bro. :)

the band had already broken up when this song was "discovered" by a manila dj. the philippines was the only country where seona dancing had any sort of following. even in their native england they weren't exactly popular, their song "bitter heart" charted at number 70 on the uk singles list. "more to lose" charted at number 117. just another couple of guys trying to ride the new romantic craze that followed on from the punk.

the lead singer of seona dancing is now better known as actor and stand up comedian ricky gervais, who starred in the brilliant tv series "the office" and the equally funny "extras". there is a short clip on you tube of a young ricky gervais singing "more to lose" on a children's program on uk television. very '80's; very androgenous; very new romantic; and comparing then to now, very thin.

post-13231-1206782373.jpg

the only thing he has to lose now is weight.