Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

hi to all! :) i'd like to ask advice from you guys on which mac laptop would be best to buy... im not that techie so i dont really understand the difference between a macbook and a macbookpro :D (i know that pro has the better specs but what entails it being better, that i dont really grasp..) so what would be best for a light user like me?

hi to all! :) i'd like to ask advice from you guys on which mac laptop would be best to buy... im not that techie so i dont really understand the difference between a macbook and a macbookpro :D (i know that pro has the better specs but what entails it being better, that i dont really grasp..) so what would be best for a light user like me?

Hi, it all depends on how you intend to use and for what purpose. First things first, whatever you decide to buy whether a Macbook or Macbook Pro you're a sure winner. You can surf the web and join some more forum like Philmug for you to know and understand Macs. Hope this link helps http://www.apple.com/getamac/whichmac/

Edited by Nismo
  1. I was ruminating weeks ago whether to post this or not. I decided not to thinking that the only Mac users that will be affected are the ones that prefer to download software and use it for free AND the ones stupid enough to 1) enter his admin password during and installation of a program that he should already know to be of dubious origin; and 2) to click on an application icon whose behavior he knows nothing about. No sympathy required.
  2. Intego is a security company that likes to cry wolf. Whenever they raise the alarm over a trojan like this, they always fail to make it clear THAT THE INFECTION/TRANSMISSION PROCESS REQUIRES A STUPID MAC USER for it to be successful. So, this being MTC, I say, practice the same safe sex practices you use when you fornicate as when you insert software in your Macs and you should be okay. Show me someone who is HIV positive and I'll show you a computer user that has a virus-ridden laptop.

Jayar, are you a Mac user?

Yes I am. I posted this to let everyone know about it.

Just like the campaign against HIV, it all starts with an awareness program, reminding people to practice safe sex, and to warn them of the consequences of not doing so.

Same purpose as to why I posted this.

Not everyone here is as careful as one should be. As can be seen in several threads about going livewire in MP's, there are those who still want to do it that way.

So to those who insist on being irresponsible about just downloading and installing programs randomly, you have been forewarned.

Btw, I have already written on this thread about some small issues about my mac, particularly upgrading the memory (thanks for the advice, sir!), and recently on the superdrive.

Cheers to all and have a good weekend!

Di ka matatalo sa mac...

After, to celebrate, baka rin gusto mo manlibre ng mac...

burger! burger! burger!

hehe...

just a quick question po...i've recently bought a pc game: Diablo II: Lord of Destruction...and it says that it's Mac compatible...i was able to download everything on my mac, but it doesn't seem to play...:( is there a spec that i should have downloaded to better help me play the game with my Macbook?

just a quick question po...i've recently bought a pc game: Diablo II: Lord of Destruction...and it says that it's Mac compatible...i was able to download everything on my mac, but it doesn't seem to play... :( is there a spec that i should have downloaded to better help me play the game with my Macbook?

If this is a game you bought for about P100 or so, it is entirely possible that only the PC version was in the disk. The genuine disk would probably have a mac as well as windows partition. Usually, a Mac os installer is stored in a "dmg" type image file. That is, you see a "dmg" file extension. If all you see is an "exe" setup or install file, thats windows only.

If this is a game you bought for about P100 or so, it is entirely possible that only the PC version was in the disk. The genuine disk would probably have a mac as well as windows partition. Usually, a Mac os installer is stored in a "dmg" type image file. That is, you see a "dmg" file extension. If all you see is an "exe" setup or install file, thats windows only.

i didn't buy it there in the philippines...i live here in the states ^_^ so I bought it at Circuit City since they're going out of business...I was able to email the mac tech support of blizzard the makers of the game and they said that it's been happening because my graphics card wasn't included in the Mac OS 10.5.6 combo update...they're fixing it right now...I was able to get a BETA version of their future update and it's been working fine...

Thank you for the help though boomouse :)

i didn't buy it there in the philippines...i live here in the states ^_^ so I bought it at Circuit City since they're going out of business...I was able to email the mac tech support of blizzard the makers of the game and they said that it's been happening because my graphics card wasn't included in the Mac OS 10.5.6 combo update...they're fixing it right now...I was able to get a BETA version of their future update and it's been working fine...

Thank you for the help though boomouse :)

Ka-boom!!!

That should teach me to check out details of the member I am replying to.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a happy IMac user since 2005. Never had any real issues with it.

Lately I've been thinking of adding a new laptop.

I've been told that Mac OS can be installed in the small notebook PCs such as Acer Aspire One and MSI wind. And they say there is really no big problem with this one. Has any one had any experience with this?

Apple® - MacBook® with 13.3" Display

Model: MB466LL/A | SKU: 9107414

Product Features

* Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor

With 1066MHz frontside bus, 3MB shared L2 cache and 2.0GHz processor speed.

* Next-generation Intel® Core™2 Duo processor

Based on the innovative Intel® Core™ microarchitecture, so it runs faster and is more energy-efficient for cooler, quieter operation.

* 2GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM

For multitasking power, expandable to 4GB.

* Slot-loading multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW SuperDrive

With double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media.

* 13.3" widescreen TFT-LCD display

With 1280 x 800 resolution to bring your games and movies to life.

* 160GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)

Provides plenty of storage space and fast read/write times.

* NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

With up to 256MB DDR3 SDRAM shared video memory and support for DVI, VGA and dual-link DVI connectors (requires optional adapters; not included).

* 2 high-speed USB 2.0 ports

Provide quick and simple connection for digital peripherals.

* Built-in Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR wireless interface

Lets you connect to other Bluetooth-enabled peripherals.

* Built-in AirPort Extreme wireless network connection (802.11n)

For easy wireless connectivity.

* Built-in 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Supports an easy wired connection to the Internet.

* Built-in iSight webcam, stereo speakers and omnidirectional microphone

Make it easy to video chat with friends and family.

* Multitouch trackpad

For precise cursor control, 2-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, 3-finger swipe, 4-finger swipe, tap, double-tap and drag capabilities.

* Weighs 4.5 lbs. and measures only 1" thin

For easy portability.

* Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" preinstalled

Software package with Time Machine, Spotlight, iChat, Safari, iCal, DVD Player, Front Row, Photo Booth, Xcode Developer Tools, iLife '08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand) and more.

* Apple, PowerBook, AirPort, FireWire, QuickTime, iTunes and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. MacBook, SuperDrive and iLife are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.

FOR SALE: PS 70,000.00 KASAMA NA SHIPPING

I am selling a MAC PRO

Used at home but mainly as a machine to dump heavy duty work to such video transcoding. I am not a video producer so this is mainly for home movies and some training stuff for the company.

This is the first gen 8-core, two quad core XEON processors at 2.66 GHZ

8 x 2GB RAM DiMMs from crucial.com to make a total of 16GB of RAM

Standard wired Apple keyboard and mouse

GeForce Quadro FX video card

Two 500 MB SATA drives configured as scary raid (Raid 0) to make one fast 1 terabyte volume.

Mac OSX Tiger (10.4.11) -- because VisualHUB, my transcoder of choice can only do xGrid encoding under Tiger.

Apple 23-inch LCD Display

Airport Extreme N

Bluetooth

TOSlink optical fiber interface

Apple iSight camera

No application software included

Available in two weeks to 10 days (or when my replacement machine arrives)

P280k

Just PM if you want to know more.

Reason I am selling: There is a new Mac Pro with the server-grade version of the I7 processor.

Guest lustfortravel
I am selling a MAC PRO

Used at home but mainly as a machine to dump heavy duty work to such video transcoding. I am not a video producer so this is mainly for home movies and some training stuff for the company.

This is the first gen 8-core, two quad core XEON processors at 2.66 GHZ

8 x 2GB RAM DiMMs from crucial.com to make a total of 16GB of RAM

Standard wired Apple keyboard and mouse

GeForce Quadro FX video card

Two 500 MB SATA drives configured as scary raid (Raid 0) to make one fast 1 terabyte volume.

Mac OSX Tiger (10.4.11) -- because VisualHUB, my transcoder of choice can only do xGrid encoding under Tiger.

Apple 23-inch LCD Display

Airport Extreme N

Bluetooth

TOSlink optical fiber interface

Apple iSight camera

No application software included

Available in two weeks to 10 days (or when my replacement machine arrives)

P280k

Just PM if you want to know more.

Reason I am selling: There is a new Mac Pro with the server-grade version of the I7 processor.

now you post this, boom, when i have gotten a new mac already :lol:

now you post this, boom, when i have gotten a new mac already :lol:

I didn't think you were looking for a desktop. Its not a Macbook Pro. But if you are interested, if the buyer who answered my Bulletin classified ad doesn't push through with the sale this weekend, we can still discuss it. But he did sound quite motivated to buy. I can tell by the fact that he had few questions and therefore knew what was being advertised. He also said he knows the price of a GeForce Quadro video card.

Besides, I might have a cheaper solution for you--I'm looking into a new setup.

My old Macs are busted. Where can I have them repaired?

I suggest that you bring them to any Apple service center even the ultra expensive ones ran by the Apple distros just to find out what is wrong. Get the exact parts you need (don't forget to get the exact model number of the computer) then order the parts online. Then get them to install the parts--installation is part of the service charge anyway.

Unless these are parts you know how to replace. I have PDFs of service manuals up to the aluminum Macbook Pros (not unibody) so if you care to give it a go, just let me know what Macs you need it for.

^^^ i'm looking for one for my den, actually. let me know, boom, thanks!

I would suggest a Mac mini--the new one. Use it with a Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse (cheaper at only P1,600) and if you have a plasma or LCD screen in your den, that definitely has a DVI port so you can use that as your display. Great for watching video you downloaded especially if you use the Mac Mini as your main itunes multimedia server. By the way, it has WIFI so it very flexible.