• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

All about Sony Ericsson Phones

my experiences with sony ericsson:

1. k800 - board had moisture. brought to semicon. board cost 75% of brand new unit

2. s500- broken keypad within one week of purchase. static sound during calls within a couple of months. brought to semicon but no parts available. already there for 4 months.

3. p990i - non functional keypad within a year. no spare parts in semicon.

NOTE: semicon staff intentionally ignores incoming calls to their office. saw this while visiting their store

verdict...DONT BUY SONY ERICSSON IF YOURE IN THE PHILIPPINES

Got this SonyEricsson K530i few days back. unfortunately i wanna flash the firmware since it has been customized to SingTel Networks. (not sim-locked)

It has this IDEAS menu fixed on the right soft key <_<

am planning to convert it to w660 too, although am not sure if its an advantage or not. :unsure:

some useful links i've checked:

Edited by i-rivere

help! fellow SE users.

i use gprs on my w960 a lot. last week, whenever i try to connect to the web, "network error" appears. although i can enter Globe's portal (one search), but other than that, "network error" appears.

i've tried formatting the media memory, master reset the phone, and re-installed gprs configurations (manually and automatically), but i still get the same result. i've already contacted globe customer service, but after some stupid suggestions like "have you tried restarting the fone?" or "are you sure you typed the url correctly?", they said that everything is fine in their system and that i have to go to a SE service center to fix the problem.

i am planning to go to a service center, but im just hoping that someone here might be able to help me and save me the trouble of going to manila to visit a service center. :D

any ideas? TIA. ;)

edited:

and BTW, the w960 and P1i has the same configurations and software... so, any P1i users have encountered this?

Edited by Pepeng Manas