All about Sony Ericsson Phones

MS SHIELA, UHM CARE TO SHARE UR CONTACTS SA GREENHILLS NA PINAG SWAPAN MO NG K800I MO?HEHEH PLAN TU SWAP MINE TO K810i....di ko lam kasi kung what happenedto my phone.. nawala mga orig games ko at di na xa nag iinstall ng java games...ang one more thing nawala na rin yung mga softwares na pang picture bloopers,....tnx

we have the same problem

I can not open the Games and Application folders

MS SHIELA, UHM CARE TO SHARE UR CONTACTS SA GREENHILLS NA PINAG SWAPAN MO NG K800I MO?HEHEH PLAN TU SWAP MINE TO K810i....di ko lam kasi kung what happenedto my phone.. nawala mga orig games ko at di na xa nag iinstall ng java games...ang one more thing nawala na rin yung mga softwares na pang picture bloopers,....tnx

we have the same problem

I can not open the Games and Application folders

Go to SE Robinson's Galleria, they'll just have the software updated. It happened to my phone before. After the update, my phone's back to its default settings. Got all the applications & games that came with it back. I was charged P330 only.

I purchased my phone at A & A Telecom. You can just ask where they are located at the info center. They might have changed the location of their stalls at this time :thumbsupsmiley:

Honestly, I haven't seen much difference on the phone based on the interface, icons, applications, etc. Pareho lang features, added lang sa K810i yung TrackID. Same response time when you're opening an application, games, etc. Same video quality pero I don't use it to capture video-moments (e.g. sex scandal hehe!! :lol: )

There's a guy on tipidcp.com who was able to modify his K810i. He said he was able to upgrade the phone's camera software so it's clearer & plays video at 30fps. Di naman ako marunong nun so steady lang ako saka one other thing, I'm not sure if it's just my phone pero the USB Connection is only available for file transfer. Di ko na ma-update yung software but I still have the updated one as per SEUS. When I tried to update my phone, it's looking for the SEMC flash driver chorva. I've downloaded drivers from different SE forums but nothing has worked. I may not be opening the file correctly pero like I've said, steady na ko muna sa software version ko. I've kept in mind about updating software & its consequences so 'wag na lang muna diba? :unsure:

So far, nag-aadik lang ako mag-download ng mga themes & screensavers for my phone. When I had my K800i swapped at Greenhills, there's only one stall who offered to buy it for 8,500 & they gave me the K810i for 14,800. Yung ibang stalls wants to buy my phone for 7000-7500 tapos they're selling their K810i for 17000. Oh well, ganun talaga kabilis mag-depreciate ng value ng mga cellphones. Inisip ko na lang na I pay 1000 for every month I've used the phone. Hehe :lol:

mahal naman ng kuha mo k810i yung akin 12,800 ko lang nakuha sa robinsons ermita.

Go to SE Robinson's Galleria, they'll just have the software updated. It happened to my phone before. After the update, my phone's back to its default settings. Got all the applications & games that came with it back. I was charged P330 only.

I purchased my phone at A & A Telecom. You can just ask where they are located at the info center. They might have changed the location of their stalls at this time :thumbsupsmiley:

ah ok tnx po...mamya before going to work pa ayos ko na...kaso mawawala mga saved contact numbers ko noh? hhhhmmmmm...

mahal naman ng kuha mo k810i yung akin 12,800 ko lang nakuha sa robinsons ermita.

They do sell phones cheaper there. Ang layo ko naman kasi para dayuhin pa ang Ermita. Mahal or mura, magde-depreciate pa rin. At the time I bought mine, it's still within my budget range kaya binili ko na rin. Hehe :lol:

are they safe? the last time i joined yahoogroups it just send me unsolicited junkmail err.. spam <_<

the application on their files are safe...thou like what you said, they send at lot of spams. they send notification if there are new apllications loaded and messages posted on that group. just make sure not to open those spam messages.

• 2 weeks later...

Puro problema pala talaga ang SE phones... Puro software problems pa, tapos mismong service centers hindi kayang gawin ang mga sira yay!!!

Balak ko pa naman sana bumili ng K810i, pinakitaan kasi ako ng magic nung salesman... habang kumukha ng pic, ginagalaw nya kamay nya, pero after makuha ng pic malinaw pa rin kahit ginagalaw nya ang kamay nya...

Takot tuloy ako, mahal pa naman maningil ng SE... Dati may SE din ako ung Z600 pa yata un, brand new ko nabili pero may factory defect yata, discharged palagi ang battery... Kahit naka off ang cell pag open mo low batt na agad, at kahit ilang oras mo charge ayaw mag full ng battery...

Tinawag ko sa SE ang problema, SAGOT SA AKIN HINDI NA MAAYOS YUN, NAKUPO!!! PALPAK ANG SERBISYO NYAN!!!

Kelan kaya tutulad ang pinas sa ibang bansa, sa UK sabi ng kapatid ko... Pag bumili ka ng cellphone dun, puede mong isauli ang unit kahit wala itong sira, sabihin mo lang daw HINDI KA SATISFIED sa nabili mong unit, NO QUESTIONS ASK papalitan daw agad nila ng ibang unit na gusto mo!!! SANA GANYAN DIN DITO tsk tsk tsk

Edited by the_joker

share ko lang from the K800i thread from PEX

SE K800i Menu Icon Modding

If you haven't gotten around to making some "modding", or making custom modifications on your Sony Ericsson K800i yet, well, am sharing what I've learned so far w/ modding the unit.

'Finding References'

I've done a lot of moddings w/ my previous phones, w/ Motorola & SE brands, & the first problem w/ celphone moddings, is finding a good reference on how to do it. Celphone mods generally are done by the more technically inclined users out there, who also just happen to be less skilled in relaying what they know to other people in an efficient, & easy to understand way, so you end up spending a lot of time reading various references, trying to understand what needs to be done.

I had to go thru an estimated time of no less than 2 hrs. of internet surfing on the subject of moddings for the K800i, plus some trial & errors, on top of squeezing dry my reservoir of common sense before I was able to finally mod my unit successfully.

'Changing Menu Icons'

Note: Mod your K800i at your own risk.

The good news, is that there are a lot of references out there on customizing the K800i, although the instructions can sometimes be difficult to understand. The one I was able to figure out & do thus far, is changing the menu icons.

It's a great mod, because not only are you able to change the menu icons to different designs, but even change the menu layout itself. For example, like the so-called "Tux" custom menu icons changes the layout from the default 3 x 4 grid, to a circular layout, so that the Penguin at the center of the circle ends up wearing different costumes when you cycle thru each option.

'REQUIREMENTS'

1) XS++

- The latest version I found was v 3.1, courtesy of "p5wdh" at www.tipidpc.com. The link can be found here. This software allows you to explore & edit your K800i's system files, & therefore allowing you to make customizations.

2) DCU-60 USB Cable

- This cable will allow USB connection between the K800i & the computer. Usually comes w/ the K800i package.

3) K800i SEMC USB Driver

- If you've installed the Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) software & have used it before, you likely won't need these drivers. If not, then you would definitely need them to allow your K800i to be accessed by the computer. There are also instances, though, that even w/ SEUS installed, you will still have problems having the computer access your phone. In that case, you need to have the drivers ready for access. I found a file here (courtesy of "McLaren_F1" at the "Howard Forums"), or you could google "K800i SEMC USB Driver" to hopefully find the latest version.

4) Custom K800i Menu Icon Files

- topse.ru & the SE-NSE sites are good sources of custom menu icon files. Below are some links:

* Pimp Your Main Menu, by changing the icons (SE-NSE forum)

* K800 K790 Menu Icons (Topse.ru), All Stuff Here (SE-NSE forum; This thread is the best source of custom menu icons I have found thus far)

* p5wdh's K800i Modding Files

- If the files come in Winzip (*.zip) or WinRAR (*.rar) formats, you need to unzip / unrar them to a folder for easy access.

'PROCEDURE'

Note: You need to read the instructions below first, so you will know what to do since one of the steps requires fast action.

1) First, you need to prepare the K800i. You need to remove the Memory Card, battery & SIM Card. This is important, since if you don't remove these, there is a chance that the computer won't connect properly w/ the phone. Then you need to attach the DCU 60 cable to your phone, but don't attach it yet to your computer's USB port.

2) Open the XS++ file on your computer by double-clicking on it.

- Also open the File Explorer, then go to the difectory where the custom menu icon files are stored.

- On the XS++, press the "Connect" button.

3) After pressing the "Connect" button, you have 30 seconds to do the following:

- Press on the "c" button on your phone (note, the "c" button is not the same as your "Power" button. The "c" button can be found among your keypads); Continue pressing on the "c" button, do not release, then insert the battery, & after that insert the DCU 60 cable to your computer's USB port.

- XS++ should then be able to detect your phone. This is seen on the XS++'s progress screen. Once detected, you can now release hold of the "c" button.

- There is a chance, that when you connect the DCU-60 cable, the computer will prompt you to provide the drivers for the K800i. In that case, simply search for the drivers where you installed the K800i SEMC USB Drivers.

4) Select the "FSX" on the XS++. You should now be taken to a new screen. On that screen, click on the "Start FSX" button.

- Note: There are times when the "Start FSX" button won't activate. If you wait around more, it will most likely activate later. If not, then remove the connection, then restart the above procedures again.

- The XS++ software will then start to show all the internal system directories of the phone. Just wait awhile until all the directories are identified.

5) Now you can transfer files from your computer, to the phone using XS++

- On the XS++, go to the tpa\system\menu directory. Then move it around so you will be able to see both it & the File Explorer on the screen. Drag all the files that need to be transferred to the phone from the file explorer to the XS++.

- On some custom menu icons that also changes the layout, you will also have to transfer the layout file to the phone's layout directory, which is at the

6) Press on the "Shutdown" button on the XS++, then power up your phone. If everything goes well, then you should have a new set of menu icons on your K800i. If not, you will have likely bricked your phone. Just kidding, though the probability is low, the possibility is real.

7) I suggest you also take a look at the references below to get even better insight about the modding.

'REFERENCES'

* Stonario's "Changing Menu Icons With XS++ (K800/790)" post at the myforum forums