The Fastest You've Ever Driven?

Though corners in the track are fun, there is no denying that a strait line offers great fun too. the CIS strait is fun but nut enough for me. For my strait line fix I go to Tplex, and SCtex. buy a good radar detector so you will know where they are hidding. Do not tell me about the legality of driving fast, If I get caught, i just pay the fine. The good thing about Philippines is we do not have the " point deduct " system where in if you accumulate violations you can get your licensed revoked. over here just pay the fines and that is it.

for my cars and bikes, cruising at 100kph is just to slow.

here are the top speed that I attained

2007 bmw m5 301kph (currently being repaired at Autoallee BMW in edsa) SCTEX bound for subic, bagong bago pa ang SCTex during this time

2009 Ducati 848 272kph(sold) SCTEX

2010 Ducati Diavel 248kph(sold) SCTEX

2010 Porsche Carrera 4s 286kph (sold) SCTEX

2013 bmw s1000rr 299kph , electronically limited

2015 Ducati superlegerra , the speedo stayed at 299kph for a while then three dots lines came out as I continuously accelerated

maybe 305-307

2014 nissan gtr 305kph++ TPLEX

Clark International Speed way Lap time on a motorcylce

2:02.33 seconds on last years Ducati cup. 7 second slower than the Philippine Champ. hoping to bring it down below the 2 minute mark

Edited by r35gtr

IMHO its not about the engine nor about skills, its the law, unless your on a race track.

problem with race track is the CIS and BRC straits are very short. cis is a little over a kilometer if you open your throttle at the last corner.

You will not get your strait line fix. if you accelerate to fast and your brakes are not good, mababangga ka.

If I have influence in the government, I would suggest raising the speed limit to around 140 KmpH. All modern cars can achieve that speed, I've heard of Vios(es) that exceeded 160 KmpH, and I am inclined to believe that a measly .8L 3 cylinder car such as Mitsubishi Mirage can do speeds exceeding 150. Mind you that I do not suggest all cars be at 140KmpH, I am only suggesting that most cars can eclipse that speed, expressways are made to be just that, to travel expressly (fast). China practices their speed limit at 120 KmpH for expressways, and 100KmpH for Highways. On the other hand, I do agree with r35gtr above, you get caught, you pay the fine, and that's it.

A better alternative would be to enforce the minimum speed limit, around 80 (currently at 60 in the expressways) would be good. Fast vehicles travelling with slow vehicles can be considered unsafe, and if the vehicle cannot exceed 80 KmpH, then it should not be there in the first place; most Jeepneys, properly maintained, can easily reach 100KmpH, if a car cannot exceed 80, I assume that it is not properly maintained, and therefore, exposes danger to other motorist. Enforcing the use of overtake lane should also be done. It doesn't matter if you do 90-100 KmpH in the left lane on the highway, if you block someone within the speed limit, then you should be penalized. The reason why an overtaking lane is provided is for other drivers to overtake slow drivers, mindlessly staying on the overtaking lane at 80KmpH is just nuisance for cars travelling above that speed.

In countries such as America, almost all cars move at the speed limit or a little above in their area (E.G. speed limit is 60 Miles per hour, most would be at 60-65mph), with a few going at 50~mph at the slow lane. Moving at 50~mph at the overtake lane is grounds for an enforcer to pull you over.

Moving on the main topic, my top speed with my mountain bike is around 60KmpH riding downhill in Antipolo. I could go faster, but the sheer danger of riding speeds above that is just terrifying, lots of blind spots I can miss, very fun though.

I got to 185kph with my 1994 Lancer GLXi back when the Star Toll in Batangas was just new. That was my fastest ever here in the Phils.

In Cali, stock cars have limiters and as soon as my BMW 330i reached 135mph I felt the power just drop.

I agree with the above poster on his post.

• 2 weeks later...