The Fastest You've Ever Driven?

• 4 weeks later...

185kmph Honda Civic 1.8 Manual in SCTEX.

While I do agree that above 100 kmph is against the law, the essence of the law is to prevent the blatant endangerment of one's life and others. Your icon is a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. 100 Kmph is child's play for it, and for me, it is a car engineered and designed to withstand speeds much faster than what is "legally" allowed; therefore, for me, it constitutes as safe driving when it is driven by a capable driver, in an specific environment, for speeds in excess of 100kmph. It might be preposterous to think so if you follow strictly what was written, and it should be illegal by most standards, but if you believe that there is nothing compromising the safety of the public, then it should be safe to do so. Reckless driving is subjective, at least in my definition; it is far more reckless to accelerate quickly compared to driving fast in a sustained manner.

Of course, I would always promote going to a race track in order to let a car unleash its potential; however, there is no racetrack accessible for most of us, which is quite sad, if you think about it.