Digital Cameras

fellow nikon d40/d40x/d80 users,

has anyone tried the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR?? where can we buy it locally?? how much?? how was your experience(if you tried it or have it)?? :unsure:

what about the AF-S NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR?? :unsure:

any and all input will be appreciated.. :cool:

post-24757-1197800502.jpg

post-24757-1197800512.jpg

Edited by kikmeister

hello guys!!! bago lang po ako nagbabalak bumili ng SLR sa mga nabasa ko d2 nikon d40 mukang pasok sa budget ko, meron po ba feature na steady shot at burst shot ba yun? yung d40? ano pa kaya mga model mairecomend nyo na maganda SLR na may may mga ganito na features na nasa P25k na budget ko? ano po pagkakaiba ng D40 sa D40X?.............SALAMAT PO!

Now that some of us have the equipment....What is a good way to clean our SLR's???

Please advise an efficient way.

There's not much you can do to clean the body. If it gets wet, get rid of the liquid with a paper towel, cloth, whatever, etc ASAP. To get rid of dirt, simply wipe it off with a damp cloth. As with all electronic devices, don't use a cleaning solution.

Also, don't use any type of liquid or cleaner to clean your lenses. Doing so will only mess up the special coatings on the lens. Use lint free cloth instead.

If you start seeing dark spots in your pictures, use a sensor swab. The Photographic Solution brand of sensor swabs is industry standard.

Edited by fry
There's not much you can do to clean the body. If it gets wet, get rid of the liquid with a paper towel, cloth, whatever, etc ASAP. To get rid of dirt, simply wipe it off with a damp cloth. As with all electronic devices, don't use a cleaning solution.

Also, don't use any type of liquid or cleaner to clean your lenses. Doing so will only mess up the special coatings on the lens. Use lint free cloth instead.

If you start seeing dark spots in your pictures, use a sensor swab. The Photographic Solution brand of sensor swabs is industry standard.

I would need to buy some soon? Magkano kaya yung sensor swab? San nabibili?

Right. Cleaning the sensor is not something that you want to do regularly. In fact, you should clean it only if you absolutely must. Like what the poster above me said, try cleaning it with a blower first (Giottos Rocket Air Blower is a popular choice). Blowers do the trick most of the time.

Sometimes however, static causes dust to attach to the sensor. No amount of blowing will be able to remove dust in that case. That's where a sensor swab will come in handy. Again, I cannot stress enough that sensor cleaning is not a preventive maintenance sort of thing and must only be done when absolutely necessary. Improper cleaning can cause serious (i.e. EXPENSIVE) damage to the sensor.

hello guys!!! bago lang po ako nagbabalak bumili ng SLR sa mga nabasa ko d2 nikon d40 mukang pasok sa budget ko, meron po ba feature na steady shot at burst shot ba yun? yung d40? ano pa kaya mga model mairecomend nyo na maganda SLR na may may mga ganito na features na nasa P25k na budget ko? ano po pagkakaiba ng D40 sa D40X?.............SALAMAT PO!

dude, just read ken rockwell's reviews on the D40 and D40x. you may want to read reviews on amazon.com too. :goatee:

Ken Rockwell D40x Review :thumbsupsmiley:

Ken Rockwell D40 Review :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by kikmeister
the Nikon d40 currently sells at around 23 to 24k at Hidalgo, may freebies pa usually (SD card, minsan bag). store warranty nga lang.

cheapest dSLR on the market today, best for people who are just getting into photography. invest in good lens and then switch to a better body once you're really getting into the hobby.

thank you .. will keep this in mind when i buy hopefully within the month

Right. Cleaning the sensor is not something that you want to do regularly. In fact, you should clean it only if you absolutely must. Like what the poster above me said, try cleaning it with a blower first (Giottos Rocket Air Blower is a popular choice). Blowers do the trick most of the time.

Sometimes however, static causes dust to attach to the sensor. No amount of blowing will be able to remove dust in that case. That's where a sensor swab will come in handy. Again, I cannot stress enough that sensor cleaning is not a preventive maintenance sort of thing and must only be done when absolutely necessary. Improper cleaning can cause serious (i.e. EXPENSIVE) damage to the sensor.

i totally agree with this. i normally only use a blower, unless there is stubborn dust. if that happens, i use this

but only as a last resort. the bristles move, causing static cling, allowing you to remove stubborn dust. :thumbsupsmiley: