Digital Cameras

hello! newbie here!

question lang, ano kaya magandang dslr na pang-rookie like me? pang-hobby hobby lang naman... and magkano kaya at saan magandang bumili??

thanks much!

Let me get this right…

You want a dSLR.

You want a nice dSLR.

You are a rookie, meaning this is the first time you will be using one. So hindi kapa masaydo marunong ng photography.

Pang hobby hobby lang kamo so you need it to take pictures of your family and the family pets?

You want to know how much this will cost you and the best place to buy it?

My advice to you:

Do not be brand conscious. At your skill level, whether you shoot with a Digital Leica R system or a budget price Japan made camera you won't be able to tell the difference and neither will anyone else. Go around the malls, choose the cheapest kit dSLR and buy that. Keep it for two to three years and when you think your skills have improved, that is the time to consider going upmarket.

This is not a put down. This is practical advice. Do not get caught into the marketing hype or brand image of the better known brands. The world is full of talented photographers who produce good photos using plastic cameras that are made in China. And it is also full of rich boys with the most expensive systems who could not compose a decent picture even if you drewa rectangle around the scene they should shoot.

For every hot air filled prosumer camera owners out there there are more point and shoot camera owners who can take and compose better pictures who know how to not rely on electronics.

Hi all,

I'm planning to get a new digicam para sa sister ko this week and ask ko lang kung meron sa inyong nakakaalam ng price (in peso) ng Canon PowerShot SX100 IS and Canon PowerShot A720 IS?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsupsmiley:

Depende sa lugar na bibilhan mo.

Kung sa Malls, retail price na, around P19,000

Sa Hidalgo, it would be P12,000 or even less. Depending on the store.

Let me get this right…

You want a dSLR.

You want a nice dSLR.

You are a rookie, meaning this is the first time you will be using one. So hindi kapa masaydo marunong ng photography.

Pang hobby hobby lang kamo so you need it to take pictures of your family and the family pets?

You want to know how much this will cost you and the best place to buy it?

My advice to you:

Do not be brand conscious. At your skill level, whether you shoot with a Digital Leica R system or a budget price Japan made camera you won't be able to tell the difference and neither will anyone else. Go around the malls, choose the cheapest kit dSLR and buy that. Keep it for two to three years and when you think your skills have improved, that is the time to consider going upmarket.

This is not a put down. This is practical advice. Do not get caught into the marketing hype or brand image of the better known brands. The world is full of talented photographers who produce good photos using plastic cameras that are made in China. And it is also full of rich boys with the most expensive systems who could not compose a decent picture even if you drewa rectangle around the scene they should shoot.

For every hot air filled prosumer camera owners out there there are more point and shoot camera owners who can take and compose better pictures who know how to not rely on electronics.

good point there sir. "Photography is the power of observation, not the application of technology." Ken Rockwell.

Need you help...

My friend is asking me what would be the best camera that she could buy for 15K to 17K... She said that she's very particular with the aesthetics of the camera, meaning it should not be bulky but it should be able to shoot decent pics. By the way, we're planning to buy it at the mall coz traffic going to Quiapo is a nightmare during this time of the year.

What would be your recommendations?

Need you help...

My friend is asking me what would be the best camera that she could buy for 15K to 17K... She said that she's very particular with the aesthetics of the camera, meaning it should not be bulky but it should be able to shoot decent pics. By the way, we're planning to buy it at the mall coz traffic going to Quiapo is a nightmare during this time of the year.

What would be your recommendations?

Canon IXUS Models.

Yung 850IS, try mo morning sa Hidalgo. Closed pag SUN kasi ang stores dun.

oh really? magkano naman and saan mo nabili? Im eyeing the Canon 40D kaya lang di ko kaya! almost 40K! hehehe

the Nikon d40 currently sells at around 23 to 24k at Hidalgo, may freebies pa usually (SD card, minsan bag). store warranty nga lang.

cheapest dSLR on the market today, best for people who are just getting into photography. invest in good lens and then switch to a better body once you're really getting into the hobby.

oh really? magkano naman and saan mo nabili? Im eyeing the Canon 40D kaya lang di ko kaya! almost 40K! hehehe

22.5k to be exact. Kasama na 1 gig mem saka bag. May libre kiss pa cguro kaso do ko type nagbenta sa akin eh. A lot of ppl say that it is just an entry level cam but your skills will be the deciding factor for it. If you can invest in good lenses in the future you are all set. It is good enough for me.

inquiry lang mga bossing....

anong magandang general purpose lens for an dslr cam?

Currently, the hottest lens available for Nikon DSLR's is 18-200mm VR which gives you the range for casual indoor shots, while at 200mm you still have a decent zoom. If it's in your budget, if not, buy the 55-200mm lens which usually comes in the combo package.

22.5k to be exact. Kasama na 1 gig mem saka bag. May libre kiss pa cguro kaso do ko type nagbenta sa akin eh. A lot of ppl say that it is just an entry level cam but your skills will be the deciding factor for it. If you can invest in good lenses in the future you are all set. It is good enough for me.

natawa naman ako dun, may libreng kiss! hehehe... eh yung D40X ba malayo ang presyo sa D40? magkano naman kaya yung lense na sinasabi nyo?

thanks sir PENGUIN!

got my d40x at mayers, they even deliver lenses here in qc. but then it depends on the freebies you can haggle. pareho lang naman ok sila.

sir atenista11 magkano D40X?