• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Linux Anybody?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Leviticus

ask ko lang.. is there a program or an ftp server which sends out an email notification to someone whenever a file gets uploaded to an ftp folder? parang automated confirmation email that a file was uploaded.

the reason for this is I don't want to dedicate someone just to click refresh every now and then just to check if a new file was uploaded.

ask ko lang.. is there a program or an ftp server which sends out an email notification to someone whenever a file gets uploaded to an ftp folder? parang automated confirmation email that a file was uploaded.

the reason for this is I don't want to dedicate someone just to click refresh every now and then just to check if a new file was uploaded.

I'm not sure if there's a software that does that (or a feature of any FTP server) but that can easily be done through any programming language. The script will just check that folder based on the specified time interval via Cron Job (Linux) or Task Scheduler (Windows).

Guest Leviticus
I'm not sure if there's a software that does that (or a feature of any FTP server) but that can easily be done through any programming language. The script will just check that folder based on the specified time interval via Cron Job (Linux) or Task Scheduler (Windows).

hmm.. something to look into again. thanks! :thumbsupsmiley:

di ako 100 % sure pero try mo kung kaya mo integrate yung formmail sa ftp software na gagamitin mo. or pwede mo ipasa yung notification /bin/sendmail or /usr/bin/sendmail. pero gaya ng sabi ni abiakak kailangan mo ng custom coding dito.

i suggest ubuntu since it is pretty straight forward installing gns3, dynamips, and pcap from there.

You can just sudo apt-get install gns3 as long as you're connected to the internet it would just download all and auto install.

Sone info for the idle pc codes

http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/blog/?p=33

http://www.netemu.cn/CiscoEmulation/Dynami...71027/35-1.html

yeah i probably would go for ubuntu, graphics are artistically made.

thanks for the input...

I think it would be better if you setup a DMS (document management system) would be better. since it leverages better control.

Guest Leviticus
I think it would be better if you setup a DMS (document management system) would be better. since it leverages better control.

thanks. I already have a DMS server installed/online. the problem [or limitation] of DMS is that it can't hold audio files which is needed in conjunction with the documents. the solution I came up with is to setup an ftp server for the audio files and then the DMS for the documents/reports, naka-archive pa.

however, the problem is I prefer to send out confirmation emails both to the sender and to the IT administrator (me and some guy) to confirm receipt of the files. masmaganda kung automatic so that I can assign this one guy to other tasks instead of periodically clicking on refresh every 10 minutes.

I found an FTP server which does that but it's a proprietary software [i have to buy the license] and it's main drawback is it's windows-based. masprefer ko ang opensource/linux server instead of me putting up a memory-hog windows server.