• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Linux Anybody?

hehe.. timing ang paglilipat ko to linux dun sa hysteria over windows IE.

hehe.. yung dalawang naghihigpit na bading na nagmamatigas sa windows ay tinamaan ng virus. it may be related to the band patching or it may not be related, basta tinamaan ng virus. maybe gumagamit sila ng outside proxy or what but I'd have to look at the internet security again.

I'm currently reformatting their units :rolleyes:

funny thing.. when I checked the browsing history of the first test unit nakalagay sa history ang youtube, veoh, etc. along with that ay nakalagay rin ang address ng adobe flash.

looks like an attempt was made to install flash player in the linux unit. goodluck! :D :lol: pati YM and skype nasa trash bin ang installers [i suspect that is the work of the fags]. as long as I have the root password there would not be any unauthorized installation of software. mga wais ang mga tarantado.. they tried to install the programs easily installed in windows from a USB thumbdrive.

those who can't adjust to using linux.. magnew year sila na unemployed. the lamest excuse that I've ever heard was that they need training to use linux desktop, that they don't know how to use gnome. sheesh! here's the mouse, here's the mouse pointer, there's the web browser and here's openoffice. what more do you need to know? it's so f@cking user-friendly already.

ang totoo, hindi sila maka circumvent sa firewall using linux. hindi rin sila makainstall ng flash, YM, gtalk, msh messenger, skype, chikka, nokia phones, wala nang video/media player, etc that can easily be installed in a windows box.

linux is a blessing to system administrators then

hehe.. yung dalawang naghihigpit na bading na nagmamatigas sa windows ay tinamaan ng virus. it may be related to the band patching or it may not be related, basta tinamaan ng virus. maybe gumagamit sila ng outside proxy or what but I'd have to look at the internet security again.

funny thing.. when I checked the browsing history of the first test unit nakalagay sa history ang youtube, veoh, etc. along with that ay nakalagay rin ang address ng adobe flash.

looks like an attempt was made to install flash player in the linux unit. goodluck! :D :lol: pati YM and skype nasa trash bin ang installers [i suspect that is the work of the fags]. as long as I have the root password there would not be any unauthorized installation of software. mga wais ang mga tarantado.. they tried to install the programs easily installed in windows from a USB thumbdrive.

those who can't adjust to using linux.. magnew year sila na unemployed. the lamest excuse that I've ever heard was that they need training to use linux desktop, that they don't know how to use gnome. sheesh! here's the mouse, here's the mouse pointer, there's the web browser and here's openoffice. what more do you need to know? it's so f@cking user-friendly already.

ang totoo, hindi sila maka circumvent sa firewall using linux. hindi rin sila makainstall ng flash, YM, gtalk, msh messenger, skype, chikka, nokia phones, wala nang video/media player, etc that can easily be installed in a windows box.

This one's really funny! Masyadong pampered kasi yung mga laging gumagamit ng Windows (no offense, please). Sarap sa ganyang posisyon! Kung ako yung nandyan, hindi rin sila makakaligtas sa mga palusot nila! Hahahahaha :D

create an in house proxy server (squid) to monitor the sites they go to. And create a script that diggs the sites for keywords and automatically add to block list hehehe

linux permissions can be a bitch to mere mortals hehehe

btw anong disto yung ginagamit nyo?

Edited by itikbitik
Guest Leviticus
create an in house proxy server (squid) to monitor the sites they go to. And create a script that diggs the sites for keywords and automatically add to block list hehehe

linux permissions can be a bitch to mere mortals hehehe

btw anong disto yung ginagamit nyo?

sa simula I used suse 11 but it was a hassle to install it via network, via internet (kain ng bandwidth), and to install the dvd drive on each unit. I later used suse for server purposes and ubuntu (yung latest) for the desktops.

eh ang bilis ng update ng suse (11.1) just released a few days ago. openoffice 3.0 looks very enticing :rolleyes:

sa simula I used suse 11 but it was a hassle to install it via network, via internet (kain ng bandwidth), and to install the dvd drive on each unit. I later used suse for server purposes and ubuntu (yung latest) for the desktops.

eh ang bilis ng update ng suse (11.1) just released a few days ago. openoffice 3.0 looks very enticing :rolleyes:

wow using suse 11.1 in production servers agad? samin, we're still testing kung gagana yung ibang services namin eh. mostly web and wap. :D

Guest Leviticus
wow using suse 11.1 in production servers agad? samin, we're still testing kung gagana yung ibang services namin eh. mostly web and wap. :D

hehe.. hindi ko pa iniinstall ang 11.1 on server-side. may document management program kaming ginagamit which I just recently transferred from windows. ang bilis ng upgrade, after about 2 days saka lumabas ang 11.1. next year ko na lang itransfer but so far, 11 is working great.

web, ftp, samba, and chat. maybe ilagay ko ang chat server ko on the 11.1 pangtesting na rin.

open office 3 is the way to go for me microcrap office 2007 is just so cluttered

I'm sticking with CentOS for servers hehehe

musta mga linux addict. nga pala ilang araw na lang makakbili na ako ng 1tb. wehehe mababack up ko na laptop ko. then migrate sa linux ulit. para hindi nagagalaw sa office. t** minsan pag dating ko sa opis pati ung indian na cleaner pinakekelaman laptop ko. tapos ehto may virus nanaman. miss ko na si ubuntu. wehehe. papalagyan ko ng linux squid ang company namin. daming nag uubos ng oras sa pagchat. at kung ano ano. sarap iblock ang ibang application. pag nagkaoras gawin ko talaga un.

@ Leviticus

question sir, bakit ginamit nyo ung openSuSe para sa mga server side nyo? I believe meron namang SuSe Enterprise 10 sp2 na pwede namang gamitin for free tapos if your company decided to buy the product activate lang ung support. Also ung update ng Ent SuSe 10, pwede i point sa opensuse. I already tried sa office namin and it works like a charm.

@ itikbitik

Sir, how can i add DLL manually via wine? may software kasi ung company namin na ayaw gumana dahil ung DLL eh hindi makita ng wine. infragistics na DLL ung hindi makita to be exact since sa dotnet gawa ung Software. Wala kasi akong makitang guide sa net. hope you could enlighten me.

@ cruesome

thanks sa link para sa Linux Terminal project. sana magawa ko din ito sa pag tagal.

anyone of you guys tried or experience eDirectory of Novell?

Pwede din ba ito sa SuSe and other linux distro?

sarap kasing integrate ung windows workstation dun sa Novell para substitute sa AD ng windows.

though ok din ung Samba para integrate sa AD.

Also meron ba sa inyo nag aaral para sa NCLA 10? balak ko kasi kumuha ng cert na ito since mahal ung NCLP / RHCT.

also need to specialize sa isang distro pra dun nalang mag concentrate.

Edited by kelvin
Guest Leviticus
@ Leviticus

question sir, bakit ginamit nyo ung openSuSe para sa mga server side nyo? I believe meron namang SuSe Enterprise 10 sp2 na pwede namang gamitin for free tapos if your company decided to buy the product activate lang ung support. Also ung update ng Ent SuSe 10, pwede i point sa opensuse. I already tried sa office namin and it works like a charm.

hehe.. allergic na ako sa mga linux "enterprise" na yan. bad experience I had while working as an IT supervisor in makati. hay.. dows wer d dayz.

kumuha ang company ng RedHat enterprise 4. ayun.. support meron. grabe sa sakit ng ulo ang support na yan. simpleng tape drive hindi nila mapagana, laking gastos pa namin sa tape drive na yun. in the end ay bumili na lang ako ng 160 gb sata drive pang-backup :thumbsdownsmiley: after 2 months of self-study I almost had that darn tape drive running, kaya lang nagresign na ako sa company :rolleyes:

oh btw.. sa FEDORA ko pa napagana ang tape drive and not on that darn redhat enterprise; eh we all know that fedora is the beta for redhat di ba? muntik nang fedora ako hanggang ngayon; that is until I experienced suse 10.1 :D

@ itikbitik

Sir, how can i add DLL manually via wine? may software kasi ung company namin na ayaw gumana dahil ung DLL eh hindi makita ng wine. infragistics na DLL ung hindi makita to be exact since sa dotnet gawa ung Software. Wala kasi akong makitang guide sa net. hope you could enlighten me.

The thing with wine is it is a hit or miss. hehehe what distro are you using? I use ubuntu for my desktop so if you go to applications > wine > configure wine

it would give you a library tab from there you might find the missing library and all you need is to add. Again it's a hit or miss but so far most .net developed stuff that I have encountered were a pain to configure. if you can give us the dll it is looking for then we might be able to find a way. Post more details.

Edited by itikbitik
anyone of you guys tried or experience eDirectory of Novell?

Pwede din ba ito sa SuSe and other linux distro?

sarap kasing integrate ung windows workstation dun sa Novell para substitute sa AD ng windows.

though ok din ung Samba para integrate sa AD.

Also meron ba sa inyo nag aaral para sa NCLA 10? balak ko kasi kumuha ng cert na ito since mahal ung NCLP / RHCT.

also need to specialize sa isang distro pra dun nalang mag concentrate.

Do research on MARS-NWE for a Netware emulator for linux. I got it to work a couple of years back. It was a thin client solution where we have a floppy boot then on to MARS server then on to terminal services. It was not a very elegant solution since we had to specify the mac on the boot disk. And it is not a very conventional use of netware. I can't remember the details of why we did that hehehe. We had to edit the image file with the mac before we write the image in to the floppy. I wish I can give you more documentation if I can just backdoor to my previous company's pub folder hehehehe. The procedures were documented in my previous work. It was a pain in the @$$ to configure. Took me a month of trial and error to get it to work.

I would still go with a SAMBA solution for an AD integration.

Edited by itikbitik
musta mga linux addict. nga pala ilang araw na lang makakbili na ako ng 1tb. wehehe mababack up ko na laptop ko. then migrate sa linux ulit. para hindi nagagalaw sa office. t** minsan pag dating ko sa opis pati ung indian na cleaner pinakekelaman laptop ko. tapos ehto may virus nanaman. miss ko na si ubuntu. wehehe. papalagyan ko ng linux squid ang company namin. daming nag uubos ng oras sa pagchat. at kung ano ano. sarap iblock ang ibang application. pag nagkaoras gawin ko talaga un.

Make that Squid+DansGuardian, makes one helluva dynamic content filter :thumbsupsmiley:

Smartasses will be scratching their butts =)