• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Linux Anybody?

hahaha! backread ko lang po. still remember nung student pa ako. umiyak pa ako dahilsa caldera distros, basta ang hirap iinstall ng rpm nito. ok na sana nun kasi mandrake pa yung linux ko nun. all of the sudden nagcrash ang os. then next installation nabura ang fat32 ko. :( :(

linux has a unique file system structure

/ -> /dev/hda1

swap -> /dev/hda2

/home -> /dev/hda3

win partition -> /dev/hda4

if your system crashes you dont need to repartition the disk & reformat the /home or the win partition for that matter

destruction of a hd partition will only happen if you have agreed to the recommended partition of the linux installation which is totally different from the existing partition

problem ko daming linux na nde nagrun sa laptop lalo na ung mga may sata na hardisk. ubuntu ultimate saka madriva 6.0 nde nagrun sa laptop ko. nde nya madetect hard disk ko. im just waiting for next version of does linux.

Di po ako linux expert pero tiningnan nyo na po ba yung setting nung bios.

Nabasa ko dun sa isang thread na compaq presario gamit mo.

Sa bios kasi nun meron enhanced sata support which is turned on by default.

Disabling that feature will let legacy OS see the harddrive.

I hope this helps.

walang enhance sata support sa bios ko. hindi na sya katulad ng dati bios sa compaq na may nakalagay na enhance sata support. anyway maiinstall ko din yan pag nagkatime ako. gusto ko kasi is novell suse. anyway sa caldera i was young that time ala pa ako idea about sa mounting and file system pero later on natuto ako. like hda0, hda1. that time wala akong idea sa ganun. thanks rin kasi buhay ang thread na to.

walang enhance sata support sa bios ko. hindi na sya katulad ng dati bios sa compaq na may nakalagay na enhance sata support. anyway maiinstall ko din yan pag nagkatime ako. gusto ko kasi is novell suse. anyway sa caldera i was young that time ala pa ako idea about sa mounting and file system pero later on natuto ako. like hda0, hda1. that time wala akong idea sa ganun. thanks rin kasi buhay ang thread na to.

check the distro's readme/install docs, most modern distributions includes a kernel (including boot kernel) with sata support. some distro's even allows you to pass boot driver parameters as you boot the installation cds.

para maging compatible ang open office at ms office i copy ang mga font ng winxp na meron office sa font folder ng open office, u will notice kapag na open mo ang doc sa open office na gawa sa ms office parehong pareho na sila, beware of clip art and tables etc... na microsoft office specific kc indi ito usable sa open office.

:)

currently trying out OpenGeu (formerly Geubunt)..it's ubuntu meets enlightenment desktop environment.. i have tried ubunt,kubunt,dreamlinux and pclos before..i must say that this distro is now my fave..

try this out..it will even work on old pc's as it is very light on the system..

wait ako ng bagong distro's kasi hindi lahat ng bagong distros may support sa sata. anyway pag available na idownload ko rin. medyo mahirap din kasi kahit sa xp hindi supported laptop ko. pesteng billgates yan gusto nya s vista lang laptop ko

Yes. Windows XP does not, natively, supports SATA drives. you need a third party driver for that.

The only way to install Windows XP, with a SATA drive, is to load third party drivers (press F6 when loading). The catch is that you need to have your drivers on a floppy.

When XP boots watch the bottom of the screen it will prompt you when to press F6. Then see if you can browse for the drivers. May be try putting it on a flash drive and see if it will find it or get a USB floppy and see if that will work.

Maybe consider using vista basic since it has SATA support built in.

--

I've had no trouble setting up a regular SATA drive with SuSE 9.2, 9.3 or Ubuntu 5.

Try the followinig options:

1. Go to the bios and look for something called SATA Support, and disable it, and start the computer again form the CD.

2. Check your bios (only in some bios) if your drive is detected as the first controller.

3. Lastly, try to check if your mobo has an updated bios version. Backup your current bios version, flash it with the new one, then try to install the drive again.