Linux Anybody?

^^wait. meron YM for linux.

just go to messenger.yahoo.com on your linux unit and download the appropriate version. follow the instructions in documentation.

or.. just access YM via your web browser :)

there is a linux version of YM in their website

but have you checked if it will work with the current linux distros?

Linux newbie on an ASUS eee 701.

Stupid Q: How do I install Yahoo messenger?

Thanks so much!

kung ubuntu gamit mo try mo hanapin yung package using synaptics package manager using GUI. kung meron ym yung repository ng gamit mo swerte, if not then you need to switch repository. try mo yung repo sa pinas or sa indonesia medyo mabilis paghugot ng package sa mga bansang to.

hello sir, bago po ba yun hardisk na ininstallan nyo? if not, maybe you need to double-checked if you have cleaned up the whole partition for your installation. you can use fdisk for this kung nasa linux console na kayo, or pwede nyo rin slave muna yun disk sa windows then delete all partitions, but if you're already inside the linux installation screen, may option po don where you can use the whole hardrive for your install. it will clean up everything.. nevertheless baka naman you have installed your linux distro plus the whole packages. maraming packages po sa linux and di naman kailangan isama sa installation. better distro's are centOS, RHEL, slackware or mag bsd ka nalang.

thanks for the quick reply, di naman bago yung gamit kong hard disk, pero dtio naka install yung vista ko dati. and wala akong napapansin na problem sa space. nag clean install ako .. pinabayaan ko na i format nya yung buong hardisk para dedicated sya sa OS. Possible na may mga na install ako na di ko alam. Ok lang naman na may nawawalang disk space, nag aalala lang ako na baka may mali ako ginawa na makakasira ng OS. beginner pa lang sa linux so i prefer na ubuntu muna ... dahil ito daw pinaka user friendly na linux. maybe when im comfortable na sa linux ill try yung iba.

in the install process it defaults to skipping previously used space. you will have to manually delete the partition. which the installer will allow you to. di mo rin makikita from ubuntu yung used space since vista uses ntfs. you can just redo the installation then when it asks to which partition to install start deleting previous partitions. and when free space shows close to your full disk size start the install.

Good day mga bro,

Been a Debian User for half a year now..

I wonder.. something's wrong with my other G++ and GLIBS

been trying to install them for GEGL for my Gimp 2.6 Update..

it can't install..saying it's a lower version though I've installed the latest GLIB package

straight from the debian apt-get..

Is there also any way to install a flash player for an i686 machine?

Much love and many thanks,

Bipo1227

Debian Etch i686 User

KDE 3.5 / Enlightenment

Extra note: BTW, is PCLOS any good, I might migrate to PCLOS for simplicity and sort..

try installing gegl using package manager it usually find the dependencies

flash will viewer in browsers will install in Debian. but as a stand alone player it will not. Mplayer and VLC will play flv files.

Linux newbie on an ASUS eee 701.

Stupid Q: How do I install Yahoo messenger?

Thanks so much!

if you really want yahoo messenger

type sudo apt-get install libssl0.9.6

download this file

http://download.yahoo.com/dl/unix/ymesseng....0.4_1_i386.deb

sudo dpkg -i /path to where you saved the file/ymessenger_1.0.4_1_i386.deb

create desktop shortcut and point to /usr/bin/ymessenger

personally you would be better off with pidgin or gaim

@jogon0815

backtrax 4 na pala ang bago ngayon? dko pa nga na test ng husto ung version 2. bilis. thanks for the update!

Sorry for reading this message kinda late. Yup there is a beta version of backtrack for. Fully loaded with all the new stuff needed for the task to be done. And syempre pwede mo pa din dagdagan ng mga bagay na kailangan mo pa. Have been using this one for quite sometime now.

Regards,

jogon0815

Sorry for reading this message kinda late. Yup there is a beta version of backtrack for. Fully loaded with all the new stuff needed for the task to be done. And syempre pwede mo pa din dagdagan ng mga bagay na kailangan mo pa. Have been using this one for quite sometime now.

Regards,

jogon0815

ngayon ko lang nalaman tong backtrack na to. salamat ! mukhang astig to ! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
how did you get direct X support on ubuntu?

You don't. that's why most of the games in those list fails. If you need active x support just for browser to access an IE only website you might want to look at this site

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

I might have phrased it wrong when I said any distro. I mean it doesn't matter what distro you use as long as everything is properly configured will work as long as the game is supported by wine.

You don't. that's why most of the games in those list fails. If you need active x support just for browser to access an IE only website you might want to look at this site

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

I might have phrased it wrong when I said any distro. I mean it doesn't matter what distro you use as long as everything is properly configured will work as long as the game is supported by wine.

I have heard of a Direct X emulator for ubuntu..btw any good 3d graphics softwre for linux..maya is way too expensive. :)

and have you heard? A company was raided for "piracy".Sabi nung nagraid it is because wala daw Windows sitcker yung mga CPU, so wala daw lisensiya yung software.Thing is..the company is using open source software and OS.I shared this with one of out IT people and she said "pirated software ang linux".WTF!?

Guest L3viathan
I have heard of a Direct X emulator for ubuntu..btw any good 3d graphics softwre for linux..maya is way too expensive. :)

and have you heard? A company was raided for "piracy".Sabi nung nagraid it is because wala daw Windows sitcker yung mga CPU, so wala daw lisensiya yung software.Thing is..the company is using open source software and OS.I shared this with one of out IT people and she said "pirated software ang linux".WTF!?

hahaha.. talk about being short-sighted. care to share details or internet news articles on this stupid "raid"? might make for good entertainment :rolleyes:

Guest L3viathan
hahaha.. talk about being short-sighted. care to share details or internet news articles on this stupid "raid"? might make for good entertainment :rolleyes:

hehe.. after rereading your post, sabi ng IT ninyo na pirated ang linux? wtf talaga!

tawa ako dito. he he he, nice one ! :thumbsupsmiley:

Can anyone help me with my linux server?

Hindi ko marecover yun files after nadefunct yun isang hard disk..baka naman meron may alam what to do...help please!

Thanks!

How to get safe and quick access to alternative file systems? DiskInternals Linux Reader is a new easy way to do this. This program plays the role of a bridge between your Windows and Ext2/Ext3 Linux file systems. This easy-to-use tool runs under Windows and allows you to browse Ext2/Ext3 Linux file systems and extract files from there.

There are a number of evident merits of the program, which you should know. First of all, DiskInternals Linux Reader is absolutely free. Secondly, the program provides for read-only access and does not allow you to make records in Ext2/Ext3 file system partitions. This guarantees that the interference in an alterative file system will not affect the work of Linux later. Apart from this, it is necessary to note, that it gives you an opportunity to use common Windows Explorer for extracting data. A preview option for pictures is one more pleasant point, which is worth mentioning.

How to get safe and quick access to Ext2/Ext3 Linux file systems? DiskInternals Linux Reader is an easy and short way to solve the problem!

While saving, it ignores file security policies. It means that it is possible to access absolutely any file on a Linux disk from Windows. The program can create and open images of Ext2/Ext3 disks.

Linux Reader is 100% FREE.

http://www.diskinternals.com/download.shtml

/sa freeware products/

eto link ng review:

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=737

Edited by riv123
How to get safe and quick access to alternative file systems? DiskInternals Linux Reader is a new easy way to do this. This program plays the role of a bridge between your Windows and Ext2/Ext3 Linux file systems. This easy-to-use tool runs under Windows and allows you to browse Ext2/Ext3 Linux file systems and extract files from there.

There are a number of evident merits of the program, which you should know. First of all, DiskInternals Linux Reader is absolutely free. Secondly, the program provides for read-only access and does not allow you to make records in Ext2/Ext3 file system partitions. This guarantees that the interference in an alterative file system will not affect the work of Linux later. Apart from this, it is necessary to note, that it gives you an opportunity to use common Windows Explorer for extracting data. A preview option for pictures is one more pleasant point, which is worth mentioning.

How to get safe and quick access to Ext2/Ext3 Linux file systems? DiskInternals Linux Reader is an easy and short way to solve the problem!

While saving, it ignores file security policies. It means that it is possible to access absolutely any file on a Linux disk from Windows. The program can create and open images of Ext2/Ext3 disks.

Linux Reader is 100% FREE.

http://www.diskinternals.com/download.shtml

/sa freeware products/

eto link ng review:

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=737

Sir, nakaraid5 po yun server. kaya hindi po pwedeng i-slave sa linux. actually, may nakamount na external HD for backup. ang kulang nalang is yun pagtransfer ng file. pag kinocopy kasi naghahang na yun server.

Sir, nakaraid5 po yun server. kaya hindi po pwedeng i-slave sa linux. actually, may nakamount na external HD for backup. ang kulang nalang is yun pagtransfer ng file. pag kinocopy kasi naghahang na yun server.

Ok, first thing comes to mind is 1. imminent HD failure na mangyayari and 2. controller problem

Suggestion, off-peak mo gawin backup/copy to external HD

Hindi ganon ka-extensive experience ko sa RAID so hindi ganon ka-lalim sagot ko. Baka me ibang expert dito na makakatulong sa issue mo.

Ano nga pala distro gamit mo?

Edited by riv123

dudes can i ask for help for fedora 10

fresh install lang kasi, then nag update ako ng system, after nun d ko alam kung pano i install ung driver nung audio ko. and the second one is ung pidgin messenger d makaconnect sa ym account ko.

sorry still a newbie in linux os

thanks

dudes can i ask for help for fedora 10

fresh install lang kasi, then nag update ako ng system, after nun d ko alam kung pano i install ung driver nung audio ko. and the second one is ung pidgin messenger d makaconnect sa ym account ko.

sorry still a newbie in linux os

thanks

Bro, dapat recognized na ng kernel ang sound card mo using alsa. hindi kaya naka-mute lang yan bro? check mo hardware configuration baka hindi pa naka-configure, kung paano?, hindi ko masasagot bro kasi SLED gamit ko bro, sorry.

Regarding naman sa YM, check mo tong link:

http://theflamingbanker.blogspot.com/2009/...hoo-issues.html

HTH

Edited by riv123