Linux Anybody?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leviticus

matagal na akong hindi napadpad dito sa linux ah. too busy with work.. haven't had time to update myself with linux. however, napansin ko over the past months nagiging sikat nanaman ang linux due to the proliferation of UMPC. tindi ng userbase. at least namumulat na ang marami sa linux (xandros linux for asus eee and linpus for Blue H1). I once had an eee pc though I passed it along to my fiance in abu dhabi. binigay ko lang because it's that affordable; one of the reasons why I gave it to her is because gusto ko yung eee 900 eh mahirap na idispose ang 701 once dumating na dito so ipon nanaman ako for the 900.

my sister just got a blue H1 with linpus loaded. hahaha.. mga lintik na salespeople sa computer shop. humihingi ako ng freebies like mouse or kahit mousepad lang or flash disk. sabi ba naman ay yung OS ang free?!? muntik ko na batukan ang mga sira ulo. of course it's free.. it's linux! kasi raw yung xp home may bayad so pasalamat raw kami na iinstallan raw nila ng free na OS. duh.. <_<

oh well.. malapit nanaman ang pasukan. the past months I've followed the developments of these UMPCs. imagine that.. it was just a matter of mere months and right now there are plenty of these UMPCs around. 3 months ago when I got my eee ayun, sikat ako sa starbucks na nagsusurf. nowadays marami na akong kasama na nagsusurf using UMPC. naging user-friendly na rin ang linux to the point that it appears simple to use. just click and point na lang unlike noon panay shell commands pa.

makes me wish I was back in collage. hehe.. imagine using one of these in your classes. hmm.. sana mag-wifi zone rin ang mga schools if marami nang gumagamit ng UMPC

Newbie po sa mga Sir sa Linux..

baka meron po kayong idea sa pag setup ng proxy server using Debian linux step by step ( <<<< zero tlga sa linux...)

my na setup nako pang server kasu di ko alam pano configure...

nag titipid din kc company namin sa OS at software kya try ko sana. (wala pang increase sa sweldo buhahaha)

Help nman po sa my oras pra mag bigay ng kaalaman at matyagang mag turo

thanks po..

Newbie po sa mga Sir sa Linux..

baka meron po kayong idea sa pag setup ng proxy server using Debian linux step by step ( <<<< zero tlga sa linux...)

my na setup nako pang server kasu di ko alam pano configure...

nag titipid din kc company namin sa OS at software kya try ko sana. (wala pang increase sa sweldo buhahaha)

Help nman po sa my oras pra mag bigay ng kaalaman at matyagang mag turo

thanks po..

men check mo to :

http://www.squid-cache.org/

recommend ko sana run mo lang "apt-get install squid" kaso hindi ako sure kung saan nilalagay ng debian yung config file.

Guest Leviticus
hello everyone,

im a new in linux, i install a linux enterprise server but my problem is how can i install a software using a command or GUI version, for ex: i want to install lotus notes client and server on linux how can i do this>?? thanks u in advance

ok.. first of all what specific distribution (distro) of linux are you using? you must be specific. you mentioned "linux enterprise" so I am assuming it's redhat 4?

Been using Linux for the past hmmm... 8 years. These days it's just so easy, unlike the old days, so using Linux isn't evoking any hardcore hacking skills on a normal desktop usage. Ibang usapan though on servers and development - I still have to exercise Unix guru stuff as there's just too much that Linux can do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This site has quite a lot of info on the topic: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

I'm not sure if you have used Linux before and you have any preferred distro so I can't give you more specific info. The information and the choices from the site can be quite overwhelming so feel free to post your questions here.

just need info. gusto ko mag linux pero gusto ko sa usb hard disk ko sa mag run. guys can you help me please?

Hi experts! Like to ask help from you guys about the ubuntu I downloaded from their site...I tried to install it both through windows and booting from the cd but after the ubuntu logo and the progress bar appear..it will only show a blank screen..is there an issue with that copy or is it my laptop?...please help my out I would like to try it out...thanx! :headsetsmiley:

Hi experts! Like to ask help from you guys about the ubuntu I downloaded from their site...I tried to install it both through windows and booting from the cd but after the ubuntu logo and the progress bar appear..it will only show a blank screen..is there an issue with that copy or is it my laptop?...please help my out I would like to try it out...thanx! :headsetsmiley:

baka corrupted un nadownload mo, or sira un pagkakaburn mo

i would suggest get a working copy of ubuntu