• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

I'd like to see a law enacted that would prevent persons who are accused of plunder from leaving the country. In the case of the 3 senators who were named by Ben Hur Luy, even if they weren't formally charged with plunder, such a law would have prevented them from leaving the Philippines pending a recommendation from the Office of the Ombudsman.

As it is, two of the three senators are now overseas. Of all times, now that the recommendation has been forwarded to the Sandiganbayan for disposition.

Abolish income tax!

In many cases, income tax is a form of double taxation.

Income tax is also a tax that makes us corrupt.

Increase the tax rate of other taxes to make up for the shortfall.

I like this. Since the tax just goes into private pockets anyway, why not just abolish the tax and let the citizens enjoy the money they save by not paying the income tax? The people will benefit from this law. Plunderers won't.

I'd like to see a law enacted that would prevent persons who are accused of plunder from leaving the country. In the case of the 3 senators who were named by Ben Hur Luy, even if they weren't formally charged with plunder, such a law would have prevented them from leaving the Philippines pending a recommendation from the Office of the Ombudsman.

As it is, two of the three senators are now overseas. Of all times, now that the recommendation has been forwarded to the Sandiganbayan for disposition.

I think this would be a good thing. But unfortunately, I think this is like asking the fox to guard the hen house. No senator would want to create a law that could come back and bite him in the ass some time down the line.

I think this would be a good thing. But unfortunately, I think this is like asking the fox to guard the hen house. No senator would want to create a law that could come back and bite him in the ass some time down the line.

So perhaps the Department of Justice or the Supreme Court itself could issue guidelines that would restrict overseas travel to citizens including lawmakers who are accused of serious crimes such as plunder.

What I find ironic is that decent law-abiding citizens may be prevented from leaving the Philippines at the discretion of Philippine Immigration authorities. And yet they allow high profile senators to leave the country even if they are accused of a crime which carries with it a life-time prison sentence.

There's something wrong here. What right do Immigration authorities have to deny a Filipino citizen from leaving the country? The last I heard, this is a free nation, not a dictatorship.

Somebody should challenge this unjust ruling.

I've always thought of having different rates/charges in our hotels/beautiful beaches/resorts for locals and foreigners.

naisip ko kasi, kawawa naman yung regular pinoy, hindi ma-afford ang palawan or boracay, kasi mabigat na sa bulsa nila pamasahe pa lang,

samantalang ang mga banyaga, ayun, ligayang-ligayang mag-sun bathe dahil BARYA lang sa kanila ang pambayad sa mga magagandang beach natin.

sana may congressman or senator na makaisip din nito.

I've always thought of having different rates/charges in our hotels/beautiful beaches/resorts for locals and foreigners.

naisip ko kasi, kawawa naman yung regular pinoy, hindi ma-afford ang palawan or boracay, kasi mabigat na sa bulsa nila pamasahe pa lang,

samantalang ang mga banyaga, ayun, ligayang-ligayang mag-sun bathe dahil BARYA lang sa kanila ang pambayad sa mga magagandang beach natin.

sana may congressman or senator na makaisip din nito.

This is also being practiced in other countries. What our tour guide does, is he purchases the tickets to an exhibit/museum/attraction/etc. Since he's a local, he gets the local rate. We are hence charged the local rate even if we are foreigners.

I imagine the same thing goes on over here. The Filipino guide will purchase the tickets/vouchers telling the ticket office that he has a bunch of local tourists with him. Actually he's buying the tickets on behalf of some foreigners.

Pleas of "not guilty" will be given a more severe sentence in the event the person is convicted of the crime he is charged with. So before entering a plea of "not guilty", the accused should consider coming clean and admit guilt in the hope for a reduced sentence rather than take his chance with a "not guilty" plea.

Enact a law requiring people living in the provinces to show cause why they need to come to Metro Manila (eg. employment contract, marriage contract, hospital certification, etc. ) Without a valid reason to visit Metro Manila, people living in the provinces should be barred from coming to Metro Manila.

This law was enacted in Switzerland and China. It is designed to de-congest the metropolis.

Ewan ko lang kung dito ito nababagay

Pwede bang irequire naman sana natin lahat ng MMDA enforcers maging college grad man lang? Papano igagalang ng mga motorista ang mga yan, eh kapang NagEnglish na sa kanila taranta na. Isa pa, karamihan sa mga ito ni wala namang professional drivers license kaya hindi naman nila naiintindihan minsan na sila pa itong nakakaperwisyo sa motorista. Manghuhuli ng Jeep, minsan di pa muna patatabihin para di maabala yung nasa likod.