Dream School/s

Hindi naman masama ang mangarap: :)

Harvard School of Economics for my masters and/or

Wharton for my MBA

Looking back, I should have determined earlier, what I wanted for college. If I had the wit that I have now, I would have fought for Harvard as my undergraduate campus. :D

Until 3rd year HS, PMA. My dad and a number of his siblings were of the long grey line. Did extremely well too (my dad ang his bros) while at the academy. Then fate dealt a strange hand and I had to abandon my dream of joining the ranks.

Had no idea what school to go to after that, took every entrance exam available as a safety net and fortunately passed everyone of them. I have been blessed to have been able to have a pick of very desirable schools locally and another blessing of having folks who can afford to send me to school.

I gave up on the idea of seeking additional post graduate studies. Too much work, time consuming (away from family, friends and earning opportuunities) as well as downright expensive particularly if you shoot to go to a foreign university. Had a good shot a couple of years back being at the right industry at the right time but I passed on the opportunity. Dream schools of course were Harvard, Columbia and NYU for an LLM or any of its LLM hybrids. And Stanford, Berkley or even Santa Clara University for a High Tech leaning LLM or MBA program.

Santa Clara is a relatively unknown school (except for the fact that it's the school where current NBA MVP Steve Nash came from) but was one of my faves because it was strong in tech law being right in the middle of Silicon Valley and was arguably top three in the country in that category. It's also very accesible to where I used to work and an added bonus that it's Jesuit run.

However being in a foreign land and seeking to make a mark, I may be forced to go back to school to get a bridging qualification. I may just decide to go for a masters or an MBA if I can afford the tuition. Dream schools here? Any school that can get me my dream job or my dream salary.

Edited by brawler201
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nung nasa hayskul pko hinihimok akong mag aral sa St. Benilde para kumuha ng kursong Diplomatic Affairs kaso nde ko trip e ksi nde maganda ang image ng kolehiyong yan sa pagkakaalam ko. balita ksing jan tinatapon ng la salle ang mga hindi nakapasa sa entrance exam nila at ang majority ng nag aaral jan ay mga mahilig magtapon ng pera. e hinde nman kmi mayaman tpos during interview ang itatanong sakin ay "ano ang monthly income ng family mo?" tama ba nman un?

gusto ko sana mag la salle di ko nga lng kya ang tuition fee kya nag piyu na lng ako

And dream school ko tlga nun e UST and UP diliman. Ewn ko ba, basta ang alam ko nung bata ako, matatalino nag aaral dun and gusto patunayan yun sa sarili ko. Unfortunately, nung nag taka ako sa UP, ung course na gusto ko e hindi available sa Diliman, kya sa Los banos ako pinag eenrol. ayaw ko kc malayo. Ung UST naman, pasado din kya lang ayaw ng papa ko kc dun din nag take ung HS GF ko baka daw d ako makatapos hehehe :D