• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Medical Advice

papable

i just want to ask what are the risks and if it's advisable to remove the ovaries. my mother went to three doctors,they found out that there's a cyst on her ovary. thankfully the cyst is benign. all three doctors are saying that it would be better if they remove her ovaries as well to prevent cysts development. i really need your advice regarding this. i'm scared about the risks. do you think it is advisable to remove also her ovaries versus taking out just the cyst? hope you guys can help me on this. please. thank you very much

i just want to ask what are the risks and if it's advisable to remove the ovaries. my mother went to three doctors,they found out that there's a cyst on her ovary. thankfully the cyst is benign. all three doctors are saying that it would be better if they remove her ovaries as well to prevent cysts development. i really need your advice regarding this. i'm scared about the risks. do you think it is advisable to remove also her ovaries versus taking out just the cyst? hope you guys can help me on this. please. thank you very much

we need to know how old is your mom

hi nouseforaname.

yes i would recommend the same thing (i.e. oophorectomy) primarily because of the ff reasons --

1. she is past her reproductive age, thus preservation of ovaries is not a priority anymore at this point

2. some studies have shown that ovarian cysts may eventually lead to ovarian cancer, which is a cancer predominantly occurring among the elderly (60 and above).

3. the surgical procedure is relatively safe. But just be aware that like any other surgery, and given her age, there might be chances for risks to happen. Let your surgeon explain these to you clearly. Im not saying that they will happen, of course, but statistically, the probabilities are there.

this makes me the 4th doctor and i hope this helps. smile.gif but since i do not know the full case and have not examined the patient, then do understand that my opinion matters the least wink.gif

thanks for the response. i think we're going ahead with the operation...how safe is it? is it like a minor operation that you can go home the next day? thanks really appreciate all your responses! happy easter!

it is not as minor as something that can be done as an outpatient, because an incision has to be made.

but not as major as an abdominal operation.

a few days but not more than a week of hospital stay.

but hey, im not a surgeon ha smile.gif better to get the answers directly from the surgeon.

i see, but i can only get answers directly from the surgeon when i come back there that's why i'm really nervous here. i may be actually more nervous than my mom :P er, what kind of risks? are they something serious? thanks again

sorry a bit tired from work. just google oophorectomy and surgical risks muna. then we can clarify things for you.

also, cardiopulmonary clearance is a must. Im sure she has a cardiologist to clear her before the surgery.

no worries. responses here really helped me to lessen my worries. thanks a lot! yes, i think she has.

Hi

Eto po yung symptoms natin.

This past few days I have been bothered by a certain piercing pain on my left front ribcage, just right below the chest. It hurts when I cough or sneeze or even sometimes when I try to take deep breathes.

Maari po bang may kinalaman ito sa maling position ng pagupo ko lagi?

Seems like diaphragmatic spasm... Are you having colds/cough? Do you always slouch when sitting?

Seems like diaphragmatic spasm... Are you having colds/cough? Do you always slouch when sitting?

Hi salamat po sa pag reply

Wala naman pong sipon o ubo na malala. Misan lang kasi pag napapaubo medyo may tusok sya ng konti

Yeah medyo po slouched yung position ko pag nakaupo sa desk ko, tsaka sa bahay kasi ganun din position ko sa thinking couch. Medyo matagal na din kasi sya

Hi salamat po sa pag reply

Wala naman pong sipon o ubo na malala. Misan lang kasi pag napapaubo medyo may tusok sya ng konti

Yeah medyo po slouched yung position ko pag nakaupo sa desk ko, tsaka sa bahay kasi ganun din position ko sa thinking couch. Medyo matagal na din kasi sya

You will need to change your position then. Try sitting up straight. That's the only treatment. If the pain gets worse consult a physician.

You will need to change your position then. Try sitting up straight. That's the only treatment. If the pain gets worse consult a physician.

Thank you doc, medyo nagiimprove na naman yung pain, medyo naging difffuse na at di na gaano concentrated sa isang area lang.

Tanong lang po, pano ba natin malalaman kung yung chronic abdominal pain na nararamdaman sa may bandang ribcage ay nagsasabi na ng problema sa internal organs natin at di lang sya mascular. Sorry po if it does not make a lot of sense.

Thank you doc, medyo nagiimprove na naman yung pain, medyo naging difffuse na at di na gaano concentrated sa isang area lang.

Tanong lang po, pano ba natin malalaman kung yung chronic abdominal pain na nararamdaman sa may bandang ribcage ay nagsasabi na ng problema sa internal organs natin at di lang sya mascular. Sorry po if it does not make a lot of sense.

Usually kapag malalim un pain, internal organs. Kpag superficial, skin/muscles. But to be sure, if the pain's really bothering you. Better consult a doctor. I haven't seen you so I can't really make recommendations.

Usually kapag malalim un pain, internal organs. Kpag superficial, skin/muscles. But to be sure, if the pain's really bothering you. Better consult a doctor. I haven't seen you so I can't really make recommendations.

Ah ok po. So far naman wala na po yung pain. I readjusted the reclines of my seats and medyo nakatulong naman. Thanks po doc