Free Medical Advice

papable

episodic cough and colds related to weather changes, dust, etc on the background of childhood asthma may be symptoms of allergic rhinitis. there are also some cough-variant type of asthmas which may present in adulthood. how overweight are you by the way? do you snore a lot?

Thanks. I am 5'9" but weights around 215lbs. I read somewhere that the ideal weight for my height is around 170lbs? I have not really received much feedback but some people have told me that I snore and loudly at times.

Need advise. For the past few years, I have noticed that episodes of cold and cough will often last for weeks sometimes more than a month. Sometimes, my relatives from the same house will show the same symptoms but they will recover only in days and mine lasts a lot longer. I have had mild asthma since childhood but I am not sure if this is related. I am also overweight. Could there be something wrong with my immune system? Any advise? TIA!

I agree with male_spud that it is a form of allergic rhinitis and maybe sinusitis. consult your favorite ENT for a complete check-up and possible x-ray of the sinuses. Antihistamine is the drug of choice but steroids are given for severe cases.

I agree with male_spud that it is a form of allergic rhinitis and maybe sinusitis. consult your favorite ENT for a complete check-up and possible x-ray of the sinuses. Antihistamine is the drug of choice but steroids are given for severe cases.

Thanks. But isn't allergic rhinitis or sinusitis supposed to be more consistent? What I mean is that I also have long periods (months) wherein I don't get these cold or cough. The only thing is that if I do get them, it lasts unusualy long for me (2wks to more than a month). I would say I only get this sick about once every 3 months on an average.

Thanks. But isn't allergic rhinitis or sinusitis supposed to be more consistent? What I mean is that I also have long periods (months) wherein I don't get these cold or cough. The only thing is that if I do get them, it lasts unusualy long for me (2wks to more than a month). I would say I only get this sick about once every 3 months on an average.

nope, sometimes they do waxes and wane and you should be thankful for that.

Thanks. I am 5'9" but weights around 215lbs. I read somewhere that the ideal weight for my height is around 170lbs? I have not really received much feedback but some people have told me that I snore and loudly at times.

yeah 170 lbs is your ideal weight... you'd be okay if you could trim it down to around 190, obesity and obstructive sleep apnea all contribute to a weaker immune system.

• 2 weeks later...

Need advise lang po. Nagpunta yun wife last weekned sa Subic then nakaapak siya ng pako na medyo mahaba at makalawang.

They gave her a first aid like make it bleed and cleaned with alcohol and betadine. It was the hotels fault kasi madami nakakalat na mga pako sa paligid ng resort nila.

What are the next steps to be taken? As of now, pinainoom daw siya ng amoxicillin 500mg at medjo namamanhid daw yun paa nya.

Thanks...

post-205574-1233573489.jpg

Need advise lang po. Nagpunta yun wife last weekned sa Subic then nakaapak siya ng pako na medyo mahaba at makalawang.

They gave her a first aid like make it bleed and cleaned with alcohol and betadine. It was the hotels fault kasi madami nakakalat na mga pako sa paligid ng resort nila.

What are the next steps to be taken? As of now, pinainoom daw siya ng amoxicillin 500mg at medjo namamanhid daw yun paa nya.

Thanks...

nakakatakot naman yung pako na yan... sir if i may say... if your wife has not been updated on her tetanus vaccines you should immediately bring her to a physician for updates..even if she is updated she may need further evaluation like if shell be needing a booster or toxoid and also special attention on the wound as for debridement if needed because some debris may be left. the antibiotic given to her may not be enough since some microbes tend to be resistant due to its capability to neutralize this kind of antibio..co-amoxiclav will be better than amox alone.. your physician will give you prescription for this. hth

Doc thank you po :blush: , halfway lang daw pumasok yun nail, buti na lang may slippers kahit papaano. She is in a lot of pain and I know kasi napako na rin ako dati but not that big and rusty. Would betadine help in cleaning?

Pag inabot ka nga naman ng malas, sa pako pa na de-kalawang. :(

nakakatakot naman yung pako na yan... sir if i may say... if your wife has not been updated on her tetanus vaccines you should immediately bring her to a physician for updates..even if she is updated she may need further evaluation like if shell be needing a booster or toxoid and also special attention on the wound as for debridement if needed because some debris may be left. the antibiotic given to her may not be enough since some microbes tend to be resistant due to its capability to neutralize this kind of antibio..co-amoxiclav will be better than amox alone.. your physician will give you prescription for this. hth
Doc thank you po :blush: , halfway lang daw pumasok yun nail, buti na lang may slippers kahit papaano. She is in a lot of pain and I know kasi napako na rin ako dati but not that big and rusty. Would betadine help in cleaning?

Pag inabot ka nga naman ng malas, sa pako pa na de-kalawang. :(

yes, daily cleaning of wound with povidone-iodine (betadine) will help and please follow the advise of dr xwhiteshadowz.

Ok na po. She got the needed vaccine. Hope she will get well soon.

Salamat sa mga advice ninyo. :thumbsupsmiley: :mtc: :thumbsupsmiley:

yes, daily cleaning of wound with povidone-iodine (betadine) will help and please follow the advise of dr xwhiteshadowz.
sir i need advice... nadiagnosed ako with small gallbladder cholesterolosis... sbi ng doctor surgery dw dpat pro natatakot kc ako kya sna mern pa ibang way para gumaling ako... need advice... thnx

Not all gallbladders with with (cholesterolosis or even stones) need to be removed. Patients who had experienced symptoms such as abdominal pain, jaundice (yellow color of eyes) or bloatedness are advised surgery because of a bigger risk for developing complications. But as long as you are still asymptomatic, you can forego with the surgery.

If you would like to discuss your case off-thread, send me a PM. I will be glad to help you.

To our doctors,

My son was diagnosed with Hernia. Our company health card (Medicard) said that congenital disorders like "indirect hernia" is an exclusion. However, I look at our policy handbook and it says that "Herniorraphy", which is the procedure for Hernia, is covered up to maximum benefit limit and that "neonatal hernia" is an exclusion.

I believe that my son's case is not congenital and not neonatal because he's already 2 1/2 years old and we discovered his hernia 2 days after he suffered from 2 weeks constipation and we have a medical proof that he suffered from constipation.

Is this case can't be covered by Medicard? They're saying that it can't be covered if it's indirect/congenital, but I researched online and it says that it's hard to tell if an hernia is indirect or direct.

Thank you!

unfortunately, if i remember it correctly, the vast majority of hernias are congenital in nature and many just develop after some years. in your son's case, it could be that a weakness in the abdominal wall was already present earlier and the pressure caused by his bout of constipation brought about the hernia.

that said, medicard is infamous for it's exclusion clauses.

unfortunately, if i remember it correctly, the vast majority of hernias are congenital in nature and many just develop after some years. in your son's case, it could be that a weakness in the abdominal wall was already present earlier and the pressure caused by his bout of constipation brought about the hernia.

that said, medicard is infamous for it's exclusion clauses.

Our son's Pedia says that he doesn't have Hernia before. But there's really no way to tell if it's congenital or not, right? The assumption was congenital but that can't be proven coz he's already 2 years old when the hernia got discovered.

Should I get a 2nd opinion from another doctor and present the diagnosis to Medicard?

Thanks for your help.

hi all,

i'd like to ask for your expert opinion.

my son had high fever since last friday (today is wed, so 5 days na)

we took him to the doctor last saturday, clear ang lungs, di namamaga ang toncils,

eto result ng urinalysis nya (saturday)

pus cells 2-3

rbc 1-2

bacteria some

protein -trace

spec gravity - 1.025

epithelial cells -rare

mucus -many

nakuha naman ang result sunday, so i texted lang the pedia what to do next,

she said to give TRIZOLE if my son still has fever and if he has abdomial pain.

since wala, di namin pinainom ng trizole.

paracetamol lang saka solmux ( kasi medyo may ubo sya, meron rin sipon)

we took him to a different doctor last monday, for a 2nd opinion.

same pa rin, clear lungs, ok ang toncils.

pinakita ko ung result ng wiwi, normal naman daw.

so pina-CBC sya

eto result:

hemoglobin 132

hematocrit 0.39

wbc 6.4

neutrophil 0.56

lymphocyte 0.06

eosinophil 0.01

rbc 4.71

platelet 231

sabi ng doctor normal naman, no dengue, so no need to worry.

do you have any idea..what could cause my son's fever?

nag-worry lang kami kasi 5 days na,

before naman, mabigyan lang sya ng gamot, nawawala na rin max 3 days.

hope you can help me.

thanks.

hi all,

i'd like to ask for your expert opinion.

my son had high fever since last friday (today is wed, so 5 days na)

we took him to the doctor last saturday, clear ang lungs, di namamaga ang toncils,

eto result ng urinalysis nya (saturday)

pus cells 2-3

rbc 1-2

bacteria some

protein -trace

spec gravity - 1.025

epithelial cells -rare

mucus -many

nakuha naman ang result sunday, so i texted lang the pedia what to do next,

she said to give TRIZOLE if my son still has fever and if he has abdomial pain.

since wala, di namin pinainom ng trizole.

paracetamol lang saka solmux ( kasi medyo may ubo sya, meron rin sipon)

we took him to a different doctor last monday, for a 2nd opinion.

same pa rin, clear lungs, ok ang toncils.

pinakita ko ung result ng wiwi, normal naman daw.

so pina-CBC sya

eto result:

hemoglobin 132

hematocrit 0.39

wbc 6.4

neutrophil 0.56

lymphocyte 0.06

eosinophil 0.01

rbc 4.71

platelet 231

sabi ng doctor normal naman, no dengue, so no need to worry.

do you have any idea..what could cause my son's fever?

nag-worry lang kami kasi 5 days na,

before naman, mabigyan lang sya ng gamot, nawawala na rin max 3 days.

hope you can help me.

thanks.

hmm... looks like the problem is FUO or fever of unknown origin

you did not mention how old is your son, btw.. and what is the pattern of the fever, does it go down and up or is it consistent? and how high does it go..? is there a particular time of the day when the fever is at it`s peak..?

:mtc: