What Is Your Dream Car?

Some of my colleagues that had the chance to drive a 458 told me that it makes you feel very special, while a 488 is a nice car, it just doesn't feel as analogue anymore. Might be due to the turbo's.

Despite the fast that I like the specifications of the Huracan, it seems too "mature" for a Lamborghini, I feel that Lamborghini's raison d' etre is to be an a car that is outrageous, a car that is hard to drive, a car that rewards talents and skills. From the reviews that I have read, it is far too clinical, too focused on sales that it forgot the essence of what made Lamborghini great. That and my bias against the distributor of Lamborghini in the Philippines.

As for me, my dream car is a Mazda Miata FD. It just looks...fun.

The more special dream car for me is an Alfa Romeo 4C, an exquisite piece of machine.

I do not understand why your friend would say that the 458 is an "analog" car where in fact it is a technological tour defource with the latest traction control, drive by wire system and high tech instrument panel. the only difference is that the 488 has a turbo engine.

What matters to me is the speed a car can give, and I honestly beleive that my r35gtr is faster than the 458 . How do I know? because I ride with a club . in the straitline the gtr (stock) is faster than the 458 . in the corner, I think I am always faster than the driver since I am young and the 458 owner is a 65 year old person . he switched to the 488gtb and the gtr just can't keep up. This is when I decided that since I am also getting older it is time for me to get a prestigious car.

In the parking lot when we rest people would ask, "what is a nissan doing here, is it fast" then you have to explain that "oh it is called godzilla.. blah blah blah.. 2.6seconds blah blah blah" but they do not know that it is faster than most cars in the lot.. if you have a ferrari , no matter what model, people knows it is fast.

after doing some research I scrapped the idea of the Hurracan because numerous publicaitons pointed out, it is just an Audi r8 with a lamborghini body kit. The audi r8 v10 costs 16m, where as the Hurracan costs 27m. why pay that much for a "Body kit". it has exactly the same engine, same chassis, same brakes, same transmission . so it is not the car for me.

I just came from the dealer , the price of the 488gtb is 30m where as the price of the pre owned 458 ranges from 17m-21m depending on the mileage. I will stop buying watches for a while and hopefully I can get the 488 gtb soon

• Like (+1) 1

I do not understand why your friend would say that the 458 is an "analog" car where in fact it is a technological tour defource with the latest traction control, drive by wire system and high tech instrument panel. the only difference is that the 488 has a turbo engine.

What matters to me is the speed a car can give, and I honestly beleive that my r35gtr is faster than the 458 . How do I know? because I ride with a club . in the straitline the gtr (stock) is faster than the 458 . in the corner, I think I am always faster than the driver since I am young and the 458 owner is a 65 year old person . he switched to the 488gtb and the gtr just can't keep up. This is when I decided that since I am also getting older it is time for me to get a prestigious car.

In the parking lot when we rest people would ask, "what is a nissan doing here, is it fast" then you have to explain that "oh it is called godzilla.. blah blah blah.. 2.6seconds blah blah blah" but they do not know that it is faster than most cars in the lot.. if you have a ferrari , no matter what model, people knows it is fast.

after doing some research I scrapped the idea of the Hurracan because numerous publicaitons pointed out, it is just an Audi r8 with a lamborghini body kit. The audi r8 v10 costs 16m, where as the Hurracan costs 27m. why pay that much for a "Body kit". it has exactly the same engine, same chassis, same brakes, same transmission . so it is not the car for me.

I just came from the dealer , the price of the 488gtb is 30m where as the price of the pre owned 458 ranges from 17m-21m depending on the mileage. I will stop buying watches for a while and hopefully I can get the 488 gtb soon

Apologies if misinterpreted, but I what I have meant to say is, if a car feels "analog", it is better for these types of cars, but that is simply my preference. An analog car would feel more mechanical and involved with a driver, while the opposite would be computerized, with emphasis on the word "feel". The same reason why we would prefer driving sport/sporty cars compared with mundane cars such as Toyota Vios.

Driving a sporty car makes us feel more, essentially turning our sensations to a crescendo, a cascade of emotions. It makes the day you drive, an occasion to look for.

With regards to my comment about the Ferrari 458 against 488, I feel that the design of the 458 is better looking for me, especially in the case of 458 speciale; I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I prefer the design language of the 458, as it looks more raw, rather than refined (in the case of 488). While I know that the turbo's added to the 488 made it faster, I think that it made the sound of the Ferrari worse compared to the NA 458, and my colleague seconds my opinion. By all means, I will not say the 488 is worse than the 458, but I will say, I prefer the 458 over the 488. Even if specifications and track results will be in favor of the 488.

The Lambo is not a copy of the R8 V10, but the other way around; the R8 is the Huracan with a different body, de-tuned to make it lower performing compared to the latter. In any case, the Huracan is far too safe for a Lamborghini. In the past, Lambo's were something to be beheld, something to be in awe of, now, it's something just fast. it doesn't have the heritage of the Ferrari, nor the technological marvel of the McLaren, nor the elegance of an Aston. Lamborghini Miura is beautiful, so is the Countach, the Diablo looks raw and insane (which is a good thing), so is the Mucielago and the Gallardo. The present models just does not make me salivate at the mere presence of them.

I could say that similar to your GTR, buying a luxurious watch gives the same experience; that those who doesn't notice, are irrelevant, and those who notice, are the ones you know, are worth your time, but a car is far more noticeable for the general public. At the end of the day, a 488/458 is a Ferrari, while a GTR is a Nissan. We both know that the GTR is an excellent driver's car, but those who does not, will say "it's just a Nissan", despite the design that says otherwise.

We are biased towards something we prefer, and it will be too presumptuous for someone to enforce his preference towards another. I, for one, will congratulate you no matter what car you will buy in the future, because all of them are excellent, and in a realm where most will not be able to experience. Regardless if you will buy a 458, 488, or any other car of similar level, they are all excellent, and I don't think that there is a bad choice among them.

Personally, I am saving for a Mazda Miata. My friend told me that he feels that it is underpowered, since his daily is a WRX STI, but I think it will suffice for me, as the steering, for me, is a bliss.

P.S. take a look at AMG GT, the design is nice haha. Anyway, thanks for replying with such content, it feels nice to have a dialogue

Apologies if misinterpreted, but I what I have meant to say is, if a car feels "analog", it is better for these types of cars, but that is simply my preference. An analog car would feel more mechanical and involved with a driver, while the opposite would be computerized, with emphasis on the word "feel". The same reason why we would prefer driving sport/sporty cars compared with mundane cars such as Toyota Vios.

Driving a sporty car makes us feel more, essentially turning our sensations to a crescendo, a cascade of emotions. It makes the day you drive, an occasion to look for.

With regards to my comment about the Ferrari 458 against 488, I feel that the design of the 458 is better looking for me, especially in the case of 458 speciale; I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I prefer the design language of the 458, as it looks more raw, rather than refined (in the case of 488). While I know that the turbo's added to the 488 made it faster, I think that it made the sound of the Ferrari worse compared to the NA 458, and my colleague seconds my opinion. By all means, I will not say the 488 is worse than the 458, but I will say, I prefer the 458 over the 488. Even if specifications and track results will be in favor of the 488.

The Lambo is not a copy of the R8 V10, but the other way around; the R8 is the Huracan with a different body, de-tuned to make it lower performing compared to the latter. In any case, the Huracan is far too safe for a Lamborghini. In the past, Lambo's were something to be beheld, something to be in awe of, now, it's something just fast. it doesn't have the heritage of the Ferrari, nor the technological marvel of the McLaren, nor the elegance of an Aston. Lamborghini Miura is beautiful, so is the Countach, the Diablo looks raw and insane (which is a good thing), so is the Mucielago and the Gallardo. The present models just does not make me salivate at the mere presence of them.

I could say that similar to your GTR, buying a luxurious watch gives the same experience; that those who doesn't notice, are irrelevant, and those who notice, are the ones you know, are worth your time, but a car is far more noticeable for the general public. At the end of the day, a 488/458 is a Ferrari, while a GTR is a Nissan. We both know that the GTR is an excellent driver's car, but those who does not, will say "it's just a Nissan", despite the design that says otherwise.

We are biased towards something we prefer, and it will be too presumptuous for someone to enforce his preference towards another. I, for one, will congratulate you no matter what car you will buy in the future, because all of them are excellent, and in a realm where most will not be able to experience. Regardless if you will buy a 458, 488, or any other car of similar level, they are all excellent, and I don't think that there is a bad choice among them.

Personally, I am saving for a Mazda Miata. My friend told me that he feels that it is underpowered, since his daily is a WRX STI, but I think it will suffice for me, as the steering, for me, is a bliss.

P.S. take a look at AMG GT, the design is nice haha. Anyway, thanks for replying with such content, it feels nice to have a dialogue

Actualy I did take a look at the AMG GT , it is priced at 15m. but it has the same engine as an 8m c63 and the 0-62mph is not impressive by todays standards (4 seconds I think).

About the Speciale, the owner of a Bo..en Paints owns one but since he has a lot of money he also got a 488gtb. As for the looks of the 458 and 488gtb, I can not distinguish them from the other except if they are side by side. the 488 has sharper lines and has a dual exhaust and not the tripple exhaust as with the 458.

about the R8 and the Hurracan, I researched it and the two cars were developed together, at least according to motortrend. They have the exact specifications but the Hurracan is indeed louder. Hurracan's asking price is 27m . It looks good on its own but why pay so much if you can get the same thing from an R8?

again my purchase is a few years away. this makes it more exciting.

I am happy with my gtr when I first got it in 2013 but newer and faster cars came out that it is no longer the "exotic car destroyer" it used to be, at least in stock form

My first thought is a Ferrari. But it's not practical in pinas. We have bad roads, speed bumps, frequent flooding, etc. Kawawa Ferrari mo if you dare to drive it out. And if you don't, sayang naman.

So my answer is Lexus LX suv. Preferably a hybrid.

Well there are roads where you can use the Ferrari. problem is you can not just go to malls. some malls have steep parking incline na sasayad talaga. Problema din is yung mga biglaang "Road construction" when you are forced to drive sa rough road (laguna, batanggas), we just decide to turn around kaysa idaan sa rough road ang cars

My dream car is the one used on the comedy action picture : BACK TO THE FUTURE (main star Michael J. Fox). Because I can avoid the usual traffic and can go anywhere.

wow a Delorean, you got taste sir!!

I also want that car. tapos astig pa ang pagbukas ng pinto parang pakpak