i like the pasta at a veneto kasi mura, masarap, at madami ang isang serving. never nagtipid tong resto na to. if you want that hole in the wall feel, try Trattoria Friuli in UP Village. I'm not so sure, but i think i saw gnocchi on the menu there.

and in fairness, figaro has this rather mean pesto which was surprisingly pretty good.

i like the pasta at a veneto kasi mura, masarap, at madami ang isang serving. never nagtipid tong resto na to. if you want that hole in the wall feel, try Trattoria Friuli in UP Village. I'm not so sure, but i think i saw gnocchi on the menu there.

and in fairness, figaro has this rather mean pesto which was surprisingly pretty good.

great! at last my trattoria italiano na may gnocchi sa menu!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
nanibago ako sa kinain kong meatball spag..sa the old spaghetti house ang asim,nasanay na kasi ako sa jollibee filipino style spaghetti

saan po pala may masarap at abot kayang lasagna?

kung gusto mo ang spaghettin ng jollibee magugustuhan mo ang lasanga ng greenwich.

iwasan mo tomato-based sauces ng sbarro, maaasiman ka sigurado hehe.

i love gnocchi!

masarap nga ang a veneto for all the reasons you cited. but for a romantic dinner for two, i like L'Incontro in Reposo and another one a few corners away from that on the same street. prices are comparable to Italianni's for much better food.

there's this small italian restaurant in Olongapo called "Da Mama", it's by the entrance of resort whose name i forgot (starts with "R"), somewhere near playa papagayo.

i tried the basic pasta w/ pomodoro, it was excellent! price was very reasonable. that was like 4 years ago and i'm not sure if its still there. my companions ordered other stuff and almost everyone loved the food. almost. can't please everyone.

I love Italian dishes out of all as same as I would Pinoy dishes. I would have to say Italianni's is a very overpriced and overrated resto, and I had to customize my order just to get the right combination.

Angel hair pasta-based dishes are my all-time favorite. The puttanesca dish at the Old Spaghetti house is a big surprise for me. Just the right combination of tomato, herbs, olive oil, etc. Makes my mouth water already!

For quick fixes, take Amici's (which has the best and cheapest gelatto btw), and Bellini's. :)

Angel hair pasta-based dishes are my all-time favorite. The puttanesca dish at the Old Spaghetti house is a big surprise for me. Just the right combination of tomato, herbs, olive oil, etc. Makes my mouth water already!

recommend you try almon marina's puttanesca. it's not an italian place... i used to go there for the sandwiches and callos, so the puttanesca was a pleasant surprise.

Try Don Henrico's Baked Lasagna (though it may come at a higher price tag)

It has been the favorite of mine and my angels for the past couple of years.

saan pa ba may don henrico's aside from mall of asia?? the branches i used to know -- jupiter, libis, and cainta (outside sta lucia) -- have all closed down.

i go there not for their pasta, but for the buffalo wings =)

Edited by countrystyle
saan pa ba may don henrico's aside from mall of asia?? the branches i used to know -- jupiter, libis, and cainta (outside sta lucia) -- have all closed down.

Try mo sa Pedro Gil tapat ng Robinson Place Manila and sa Festival Mall sa Alabang open pa ata.

there is still a branch along west avenue, just besides hap chan.

then there's another one along tomas morato. located at the 2nd floor on top of Congo Grill.

(personally, I go there just for the pastas...... aside from the lasagna, the spaghetti puttanesca is not bad)