What are your all-time favorite movies?

Extrarice, first off I really have to congratulate you…this is a great and wholesome thread and I find it really refreshing…honestly. I’m very sorry I speed-typed some of my fav movies, as you know how hectic things are with me at the other place hehe. As far as I know the Tiger Woods Story is only on videotape. You can pick a rental up probably in a place like ACA, but nothing beats buying pirated discs for value…har har. Nakakaiyak ang TWS kasi based on a current icon of sports. Soon to come “Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius”..a movie about another legendary golf figure. Not yet out in the P.I. but has great reviews in the States. Stars Jim Caviezel of “The Passion of the Christ” fame.

Wasabi stars Jean Reno (The Professional)…set in Japan…a story about a killer in comedic situations involving a young japanese girl. A favorite scene of mine is how he used golf clubs as Arnis Sticks in a driving range. Nice moves I’d like to emulate on someone…hahaha.

Deuce Bigalow stars Rob Schneider (Fil-Am dude we can be proud of…loves balut and Baguio…his mom is from there), and is about an ordinary guy pretending to be a gigolo, when the actual man-whore goes out on a trip, and he is left to tend to the house. Hilarious!

Happy Gilmore stars Adam Sandler…I was never a fan of him but this story about a hockey player turned golf nut with phenomenal driving power, made my eyes teary from laughter.

You’re welcome Extrarice…hope you can see these winnning movies sometime soon.

Thank you MD......

Jean Reno in Wasabi? hhmmm.. i've seen the movie "The Professional" with Natalie Portman(she was so young that time).

i think i must see these movies.

thanks again bro!

Pareng ExtraRice - Sali ako dito hah? Congrats to having your own thread. Iba na talaga ang sikat

Am a movie buff myself - but not a good critic though. I just want the fun and excitement watching movies - but most of all - the popcorns!

Some of my greats I can just remember now:

Bruce Lee movies, Superman (1-4), Star Wars 1,2 & the Trilogy, Trackdown (story of a hacker), The Hackers, Tomb Raider (1 & 2), Indiano Jones (1,2,3), Rambo (1,2,3), The Net, Jurassic Park, Blade (1&2), Jack Chan movies (I still vividly remember Drunken Master and Snake in the Eagles Shadow). Oceans 11, Spiderman 1 & 2, Dare Devil

Old Movies : Roots (story of American negroes), Dr. Zhivago (Russian doctor deported to siberia), Casa Blanca, Custer of the West, They Died with their boots on (story of Gen. Custer also, showing how great an a*****e he is), Gettesburg (don't know if I spell it right - but about American Civil War), The Alamo (they have a remake of this shown sometime ago - about the legendary David Crockett and the Texans)

Some Pinoy Classics I remember : movies about the bald duo Pugo and Tugo, Si Marita at ang Pitong Duwende (made me laugh when I saw it on morning shows when I was a kid), Si Prinsipe Deomedes at ang Mahiwagang Gitara, We Only Live Wise (pinoy spoof of a James Bond movie), The Pogi Dozen (pinoy spoof of Dirty Dozen), Jose Rizal (starring Cesar Montano), the Chiquito movies that made me laugh during those young years (like the Wild Wild Wong series and Arizona Kid)

Some Newer Movies : Meet The Pockers (great laugh - just seen it last night), Blade Trinity, Kung Fu Hustle (another great laugh), Oceans 12

Eto muna ngayon ...

Pareng ExtraRice - Sali ako dito hah? Congrats to having your own thread. Iba na talaga ang sikat

Am a movie buff myself - but not a good critic though. I just want the fun and excitement watching movies - but most of all - the popcorns!

Some of my greats I can just remember now:

Bruce Lee movies, Superman (1-4), Star Wars 1,2 & the Trilogy, Trackdown (story of a hacker), The Hackers, Tomb Raider (1 & 2), Indiano Jones (1,2,3), Rambo (1,2,3), The Net, Jurassic Park, Blade (1&2), Jack Chan movies (I still vividly remember Drunken Master and Snake in the Eagles Shadow). Oceans 11, Spiderman 1 & 2, Dare Devil

Old Movies : Roots (story of American negroes), Dr. Zhivago (Russian doctor deported to siberia), Casa Blanca, Custer of the West, They Died with their boots on (story of Gen. Custer also, showing how great an a*****e he is), Gettesburg (don't know if I spell it right - but about American Civil War), The Alamo (they have a remake of this shown sometime ago - about the legendary David Crockett and the Texans)

Some Pinoy Classics I remember : movies about the bald duo Pugo and Tugo, Si Marita at ang Pitong Duwende (made me laugh when I saw it on morning shows when I was a kid), Si Prinsipe Deomedes at ang Mahiwagang Gitara, We Only Live Wise (pinoy spoof of a James Bond movie), The Pogi Dozen (pinoy spoof of Dirty Dozen), Jose Rizal (starring Cesar Montano), the Chiquito movies that made me laugh during those young years (like the Wild Wild Wong series and Arizona Kid)

Some Newer Movies : Meet The Pockers (great laugh - just seen it last night), Blade Trinity, Kung Fu Hustle (another great laugh), Oceans 12

Eto muna ngayon ...

Salamat pareng palaisip... welcome na welcome ka dit.. ikaw naman, para kang iba... ;)

thanks sa mga list of movies you contributed ha? .... haaaay.. butipinalala mo yung kay jackie chan na Snake & the Eagle Shadow nd Drunken Master... bibili ako tom... hehehe..

pare, napapaghalat ka ha? pati pinoy classics alam mo.. hahaha!!! :lol:

thanks again bro!!! keep those movie lists cummin!!!!

peace! :cool:

Hahaha ... hindi naman ako magpapahalata ng age ko. Knowing some of the old Pinoy classics does not mean I'm that old ... it's just like knowing Casa Blanca does not mean you already lived during that time, otherwise you won't know where the good old phrase "Play it again Sam" came from - hahaha

As I've said, I am quite interested in movies that extend to our Pinoy products - thus getting to know some of our Pinoy classics. Otherwise, with the non-positive things I can say about current Pinoy movies, I would not have realized we had quite a number of wonderful Pinoy movies of old. They still run some of these classics in local TV and Pinoy cable channel - so I think having seen them does not mean you're old - perhaps, "bagong antique" will be a better way to describe my age - hehehe.

Thanks and will send you a list when :headsetsmiley:

just passing through, extrarice

i am surprised nobody has mentioned the Godfather yet!

my other favorites that come to mind are:

pulp fiction

starwars

braveheart

LOTR

the graduate

bladerunner

indiana jones

matrix

grease

moulin rouge

jim carrey movies

adam sandler movies ( i think he's a genius)

great thread bro. keep it up

am a movie buff too... actually  do have the HP 1,2 nde pa ko nakakabili ng 3 eh.. LOTR 1,2 yung 3 nde pa rin... dami pa... pero i love the Movie I AM SAM... the best... very touching.. starring SEAN PENN and DAKOTA FANNING (yung batang nasa Taken)...

you know what i love about I AM SAM? the soundtrack, bro! puro Beatles remakes from different contemporary artists...

am a movie buff too... actually  do have the HP 1,2 nde pa ko nakakabili ng 3 eh.. LOTR 1,2 yung 3 nde pa rin... dami pa... pero i love the Movie I AM SAM... the best... very touching.. starring SEAN PENN and DAKOTA FANNING (yung batang nasa Taken)...

thanks emmrie for the contribution... heard from dennis that the soundtract all from beatles.. hehehe..

have to see this movie pala.... Dakota Fanning is a very talented child actress.. sa Man on Fire sya rin ang batang bida doon. with denzel washington...

by the way, i like to avatar.. you like cats?! .. hhhmmm :rolleyes: :)

thanks!! take care always!

peace! :cool: :mtc:

thanks emmrie for the contribution... heard from dennis that the soundtract all from beatles.. hehehe..

have to see this movie pala.... Dakota Fanning is a very talented child actress.. sa Man on Fire sya rin ang batang bida doon. with denzel washington...

by the way, i like to avatar.. you like cats?! ..  hhhmmm  :rolleyes: :)

thanks!! take care always!

peace! :cool:  :mtc:

yup, beatles remake nga yung soundtrack dun... oo nga eh i really like her very talented child....

thanks!!! yup i like cats kaso nde pwede ako mag-alaga kasi i have asthma ehh.. hehehe kaya hanggang pic na lang ako... actually i like animals...

yup, beatles remake nga yung soundtrack dun... oo nga eh i really like her very talented child....

thanks!!! yup i like cats kaso nde pwede ako mag-alaga kasi i have asthma ehh.. hehehe kaya hanggang pic na lang ako... actually i like animals...

ah ok... you like animals?? im sure you'll like me.. hahaha! :lol: padala rin ako pics?...hehehe..... :D

speaking of animals... any recommendation of movies about animals??

'wag shrek ha?? hehehe... :lol: "JUMANJI"? animated nga lang...

thanks again.

take care po... ;) :)

Pareng extrarice!!!! Wow! You gotta room all your own! yup, heard about this from exman. Ok. here's my little contribution. No specific genres from me.

West Side Story

King and I

Sound of Music

Grease

Saturday Night Fever

Sister Act 1

Mostly musical ang mga two thumbs up ko. As I told you before, I'm a retired musician. Next time, I'll give you naman the other genres.

Ingat my friend and catch you later.

Have a nice day!

mahilig ka pala sa musicals.....

grease is included in my list....gusto ko rin pala yang west side story "when you're a jet, you're a jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dying day"

• 2 weeks later...

ETO PA...

- YOUNG GUNS 1 & 2.....

SINONG NGA BA ANG HINDI NAKAPANOOD NG "DRUNKEN MASTER" ? - DATI MEDYO OKEY NA ANG MGA GANUNG KALSE NG COMEDY/ACTION MOVIE... NA KAHIT ANG TAGAL TAGAL NG LABAN EH NAKAKAALIW YUNG FIGHT SCENES...

FAMOUS DIN YUNG BINIBITAWAN NILANG SALITA DUN "I CAN BEAT YOU ONE ON ONE IN KUNG FU!"

SABAY TUMUTURO SA ILONG... HAHAHA!!!

THEN LATELY, YUNG MGA JACKY CHAN MOVIES EH PURO URBAN NA ANG MGA SCENES ....

PERO HINDI NAWAWALA ANG MGA BLOOPERS AT THE END OF THE MOVIE... LIKE "RUSH HOUR 1&2"

HEHEHE...

I'm a Wong Kar Wai fan, so my top 3 movies are:

1. In the mood for love

2. Happy Together

3. Chungking Express

To complete my Top 10, my other favorite films are:

4. t** Guk Gi

5. Y Tu Mama Tambien

6. Gattaca

7. Moulin Rouge

8. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

9. Hero

10. Bram Stoker's Dracula

Guys, have you seen "Dreamboy" already? It's the new movie of Piolo Pascual and Bea Alonzo. It got a "B" Rating from the Cinema Evaluation Board.

As the movie's Creative Assistant, I want to know your feedback on the movie, both positive and negative. It will help me a lot in developing concepts for future movies. You can send your comments to paul_abellera@abs.pinoycentral.com.

Thank you very much! Continue to support Philippine Cinema!