• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Call Center Side Effects

• 2 weeks later...

basta ako happy ako sa job ko...

marami ako natutunan

malaki sweldo ko

maraming nagiging friends

ok ang management sa amin ewan ko lang sa ibang callcenter..

and the best part of it...nakakapagsayaw pa ako..member kasi ako ng dance club namin eh!

guys...invite ko na din kayo..meron thread ang call center boys and girls dito...you'll find it sa groups and chapters

• 3 weeks later...

Is it legal for call centers "not to allow" employees to join or form unions? I checked my contract and it does not stipulate anything about preventing anyone from joining unions. It is every employees' right to join unions for it helps in enforcing check and balance in the work place. I guess everyone's either afraid or just way too immature to even think of joining unions.

I'm already in my mid-30's and what I've noticed is that most call center employees are just too preoccupied with their salaries and how they'll spend it.. pizzas, new cellphones and gadgets, gimmicks, team buildings, new clothes and shoes... etc. Hardly anyone care about other benefits like vacation leaves, sick leaves (and the proper application and implementation thereof), health benefits, RETIREMENT or separation pay.

Do any of you guys see yourselves working in the call center industry to the point of reaching the retirement age? If not, then I guess it's safe to say that the call center industry is just purely a stepping stone or dead end job.

• 1 month later...

i've been into so many relationships... though was able to handle it but then it will always be different if you'll just have that simple life...

gone into so many places... all the saturday hangouts you wished for back then and that of the sand and beach getaways...

not enough sleep... like you live 7 days a week and sleep just 3 days a week...

the effect of coffee is no longer welcome to your body... energy drinks are just plain juices...

can't do that basketball game anymore... gone tired... though sex is way too fine...

you will talk even if you are sleeping and you are daydreaming even if you are awake...

got bad temper... it's like you asked for people to understand you the easiest way they can but then they will still appear foolish to you...

malls are just another place to you on your weekend...

bad savings... you'll have this habit of spending too much of what you really need...

for the last five or six years in the industry... i think everyone should be ready and be responsible enough on their jobs...

hear you on the phone! :headsetsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Health Problems like Sleep disorder, heart problems, lung problems ( due to smoking to much to stay awake) diabetes, fatty liver ( due to excess drinking to fall asleep, and the f#&king grease fried food from the f#&king fast food joints who are the only ones open during our shift makes) kidney problems ( unable to properly take a bath room break because of a f#&king customer, or the agent has not made his first sale and is not allowed to stand up from his seat until he gets one) The reason i know about of these health problems..is because i am suffering from all of them RIGHT NOW... Been working in a freaking call center for 7 years.. And this is what i get.. I am not well compensated for this kind of s@%t. The government ( yeah right) should look after the welfare of the workers of the second most profitable industry in this TANG INANG cesspool we call a country... So for the record.. to the government and to those big shots in these nifty call centers and BPO businesses. f#&k YOU, f#&k YOU, ANNNDDD FUUCKKKK YOOUUUU!!!!

Edited by orionblaze000