The Honda Lovers Thread

kahit medyo luma na, I still want an SiR. happy.gif

I'll keep the P6Z as spare, tapos put in a B18C5.

6th gen honda civic SIR

- the greatest honda civic ever

- the last honda civic with front double wishbone suspension

- 1.6 liter engine, 160 hp, up to now still unrivaled by new models

I just read that even the Accord had abandoned the front double wishbone suspension.

This is the suspension that makes Honda great during the late 80's when it was used in the 4th gen Civic.

It works extremely well on imperfect roads like ours.

MacPherson struts works well only on perfect roads & racetracks, and are best used on light cars or cars with rear mounted or midmounted engines.

Following the death of Mr. Honda, the engineers forgot their roots, and Honda starts going downhill.

Honda's days are over . . .

• 1 month later...

bought a second han CR-V 2007, kaso may mga challenge:

1. yun rubber sa stainless side ng doors na nag peprevent ng ulan na makalusot sa windows eh lamat na...san ba nakakabili

2. Makalampag yun harap pag uneven yun roads siguro stabilyzer link...san ba ok dalhin na hindi kasa mahal kasi

3. yun windshield medyo gasgas na di kaya ng wax, narerepair pa ba ito? scratched kasi

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Ok ba un honda civic 1.8 E model. Planning to buy. Ano ba un ECON botton. Totoo ba na 10-11km/liter ang fuel consumption. Ang sabi sa akin magastos daw honda sa gas, dont know etong latest model

ECON - for improved fuel economy

Since you are after fuel economy, maybe you would like to take a look at the Jazz. Right now, Jazz is the model that kept Honda running. Without Jazz, Honda is finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ba un honda civic 1.8 E model. Planning to buy. Ano ba un ECON botton. Totoo ba na 10-11km/liter ang fuel consumption. Ang sabi sa akin magastos daw honda sa gas, dont know etong latest model

Sold my FD months ago, I think same R18A engine pa din yata yung nasa FB Civics ngayon (correct me if I'm wrong nalang haha!).

Kaya ko siya kinuha kasi kala ko umaabot ng 8-9 km/l ang city driving.

Pilit na pilit pa yung 7km/l. 5AT yung akin.

On long distance drives, hanggang 10km/l lang. Not what I was expecting. dry.gif

Honda Civics used to bring excitement to their drivers.

That is, until they replaced the front double wishbone suspension with a MacPherson strut.

MacPherson strut works best only on small displacement engines (ideally up to 1.5L) and cars with mid-engine or rear-engine layout(ie Porsche 911) and when run on smooth well-paved roads.

This is also why more drivers prefer the Jazz to the Civic.

And now, Honda just replaced the front double wishbone suspension on the Accord with a MacPherson strut . . .

It's good Honda introduce the cr-z into the Philippine market.

Looks fast, I wonder how is the acceleration when the batteries is in full charged vs drained.

The Sport+ button got me very curious. Agent says it offers around 10 seconds of 'boost', giving you power comparable to those of 3.0 liter V6 engines...

Visited a dealer weeks ago, fell in love with the Energetic Yellow color. Reminded me of Sunburst Yellow SiRs.

The Sport+ button got me very curious. Agent says it offers around 10 seconds of 'boost', giving you power comparable to those of 3.0 liter V6 engines...

Visited a dealer weeks ago, fell in love with the Energetic Yellow color. Reminded me of Sunburst Yellow SiRs.

So after 10 seconds of happiness, you have to pump the brakes to charge up the batteries, right?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...