Do you guys know of any testing center for STDs? I wanna have my self checked... just being paranoid and I wanna have peace of mind that i am clear... <_<

may alam ako STD clinic..pero para sa check up ng hiv or syphilis sa mga lab na yun..if yun hanap mo try mi sa hi-precicion google search mo n lng

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a doctor. This thread is only suitable for dispensing information. Any diagnosis and medication should be seen in person by a doctor.

I beg to disagree, it will be light years over there, but I've been practicing for over 20 years, we solve problems over the phone and manage ICU patients over the phone, dispense meds before seeing patients, enter admission orders before patients are seen and do consults thru email. It's about knowing your limitations and staying within your comfort zones.

I double beg to disagree, as my relatives practice there as well, and yes we know that we're light years away. However, whatever medical journal you read, and even with plenty of doctors in the US and UK are still apprehensive at telemedicine or any form of distance diagnostics, unless when it is trained healthcare practitioners such as nurses and residents who are relaying the info (such as in an ICU setting), we occasionally use that here for those in rural health settings with available equipment, but then again we have a GP or nurse with the patient. If such where the case, then nobody would be going to the hospital for primary care cases. The set-up in the Philippines and culture are very different from the west.

Best to see a doctor personally. Again, threads like these are better for informative purposes, and not helping the patient make a diagnosis and treatment.

It doesn't matter what the journals are apprehensive about, truth of the matter is, it's being done for a long time, 3 hospitals I go have it for over 5 years now in a few disciplines, it's coming and it's pervasive. We do not always have trained personnel, unless you can call an RN that graduated a couple months ago with very little clinical hands on experience trained. Many times you have to ask the right questions in layman terms to get information that you want to extract from these personnels at 2 am so you can do appropriate testing and management until you can see them when you come in the morning. Some are very smart, many are not. Patients (that you have never seen or heard from) of doctors you are covering will call on a Friday and describe symptoms that may need to be addressed until they can be seen on the next available appointment next week, short of sending them to the emergency room. It is being done all the time. This thread is nothing different. If you go back to the posts, most of the questions in medical thread are non emergent, most will be given differentials and a lot of times appropriate management without having to go to the hospital immediately, they are always encouraged to see their physicians. Besides, most complains will go away on their own with time or will need simple remedies. When they send pictures of certain things, many times, you can make diagnosis and treat short of confirmation, a wart will look like a wart if you have a good picture. Even in real practice, we do the same thing. If a young person with insignificant past medical history comes in to complain of minimal intermittent epigastric discomfort for a week otherwise asymptomatic, you send them home with Prilosec and come back in a week if not resolved, they don't end up with a scope or a CT and even if they have a brewing serious problem, e.g., AP, GB issues, perforated PUD, ect., they will not have significant morbidity or die from it before they decide to go to the hospital or see a doctor. They are always encourage to see their doctors specially when symptoms are more serious ( CP, dyspnea, severe HA or when there is significant PMHx) or when persistent. As I've said, stick to your comfort level.

Also, this is a forum. Not an established telemedicine company, where you can verify credentials and patients can sue a doctor for malpractice.

Exactly! This is not telemedicine. This is a forum. This is your Mom calling you in the middle of the night after 2 bouts of loose stools, you don't tell her to see the doctor send her to the hospital in middle of the night. This is your grandmom, calling you from the province, asking you if she has hypertension and whether should take her BP pills or not. This is your friend sending you pics of the rash in his penis when he woke up this morning after having unprotected sex with a girl from the bar last week. And please don't get me started on examining the whole patient, or giving me advise and education regarding their illness, my family and myself have been to doctors over there multiple times too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

molluscum contagiosum yan. Any private clinic at SLMC, MMC or cardinal. Icacautery yan para matangal. Its just hibernating in you or your partner and will erupt once the opportunity arrives

situation like this, how would you explain to your gf na kailangan nya mag undergo sa treatment? d naman pwd pbyaan mo na lng sya kwwa naman at maiinfect ka ulit the next time you make love with her. problem tlga 2.