#21 Jacques

Jacques

Your friendly neighborhood chinky eyed lad

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Interests:Interesting people :-)

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

Severl of my GVT workouts were brutal.. So was my last EDT squat workout.. and of course, the 20 rep squat or the 20 rep deadlift workout

Care to give the details of your last EDT squat workout?

#22 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3270 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:12 AM

[qoute]Care to give the details of your last EDT squat workout? [/quote]

doing 215 for 3 reps with only 30 seconds of rest in between sets for 20 sets total in a time frame of 15 minutes

#23 Jacques

Jacques

• (05) Regular
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

[qoute]Care to give the details of your last EDT squat workout?

doing 215 for 3 reps with only 30 seconds of rest in between sets for 20 sets total in a time frame of 15 minutes

Now that's intensity. :cool: I just hope you have great knees there. My knees have been starting to pay its toll after years of heavy squating.

#24 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3270 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:18 AM

Now that's intensity. :cool: I just hope you have great knees there. My knees have been starting to pay its toll after years of heavy squating.

No problems here since my form is pretty solid.

#25 Jacques

Jacques

• (05) Regular
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:02 AM

I remember before doing this leg routine with an insane training partner. We would warm up doing leg extensions to pre-exhaust the quad muscles. Moderate weight for 3-4 sets of 30-40 reps. Then hell begins. We'd do Leg presses for an insane amount of weight for 10 reps, immediately after we proceeded to the squat rack and to do front squats for 12 to 15 reps then finally do walking lounges for 50 yards with dumbells on hand. We'd rest for a min. and repeat the cycle 3 more times (4 sets all in all) We'd be finished in 20 mins. Those were the insane days.

#26 villainn32

villainn32

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:21 PM

close na ata FOXX gym...lahat ata dun naka roids e hehe :D

#27 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3270 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:23 PM

I remember before doing this leg routine with an insane training partner. We would warm up doing leg extensions to pre-exhaust the quad muscles. Moderate weight for 3-4 sets of 30-40 reps. Then hell begins. We'd do Leg presses for an insane amount of weight for 10 reps, immediately after we proceeded to the squat rack and to do front squats for 12 to 15 reps then finally do walking lounges for 50 yards with dumbells on hand. We'd rest for a min. and repeat the cycle 3 more times (4 sets all in all) We'd be finished in 20 mins. Those were the insane days.

This reminds me of the Colorado experiment workout in the 60's by Casey Viator. However, the difference is he will do leg exensions followed by leg presse folowed by squats in a tri-set fashion, all exercises done to failure..

#28 Jacques

Jacques

• (05) Regular
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

This reminds me of the Colorado experiment workout in the 60's by Casey Viator. However, the difference is he will do leg exensions followed by leg presse folowed by squats in a tri-set fashion, all exercises done to failure..

This was a brutal tri-set. We've entertain the idea of going to failure for each excercise however, experience told us that when we aim for failure, we stop the set at will. Thus, we set a rep range here.

#29 Jacques

Jacques

• (05) Regular
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

I would also like to share a time before when I have adopted the 1 set aproach to train my back. This was roughly 4-5 years ago. My goal here was to only do a set per excercise given in a weight I could only execute 4 to 6 reps. When I can lift more than 6, I'd repete the set on a heavier weight. If I can barely do 4 I'd drop the weight and start again. Basically, its really heavy weight. I've adopted this program for half a year and I can honestly say that this was the time I have developed my back to be the broadest it has ever been.

Here's the program:
1.) Pull ups 50 reps. As many sets required to reach 50 total reps with 2 to 3 mins. rest intervals (takes me roughly between 4 to 6 sets depending on what I feel) this is the only excercise I really do more than I set. After finishing the pull ups my back's pump is already insane.
2.) Dumbell rows 4-6 reps (at that time I think I was rowing 90 lbs) you'd be surprised how strong you actually are when you're not wasting energy on build up pyramid sets.
3.) Cross Bench dumbell pullover 4-6 reps
4.) Shoulder width underhand pull downs/weighted chin ups 4-6 reps
5.) Behind the back Pull downs 4-6 reps
6.) Barbell row / Smith machine row (which I find pathetic)
7.) Cable rows lower abdomen pull
8.) T-bar rows
9.) Cable pull overs.

This program made me one of the ''widest'' guys in the gym back then. However, my back never reached it's fullest details specially along the trap and erector area when I didn't seriously adopt a consistent back routine focusing on deadlifts.

#30 Jacques

Jacques

• (05) Regular
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

close na ata FOXX gym...lahat ata dun naka roids e hehe :D

No comment pare. Kaya ng ahardcore diba? :P

#31 hardtohandle

hardtohandle

HARD AS HARD CAN BE.

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1149 posts
  • Interests:Anything that interests you!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:12 AM

Where's that FOXX gym? Yan ba yung may logo na hammer and sickle? Lagi akong may nakikitang caucasian guy sa megamall na may t-shirt na FOXX gym, nandun pa nga yung telephone no. sa shirt, I tried calling that no. but to no avail... And that guy looks rock solid.

#32 pogingpogi

pogingpogi

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:49 AM

foxx gym sa may masanagay st manila eto ba yun kakadaan ko lang dito nung last week parang bukas pa to ah...

#33 villainn32

villainn32

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

iba na daw may ari ng foxx....yung mga hardcore lumipat sa slimmers hehehe...these guys are rock solid tlaga hehe

#34 Jacques

Jacques

• (05) Regular
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

iba na daw may ari ng foxx....yung mga hardcore lumipat sa slimmers hehehe...these guys are rock solid tlaga hehe

Tama yan. MAy mga ilan sa kanila nasa gym na namin. Hayop kung magbuhat

#35 loonee

loonee

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:into meeting different knds of people from all walks of life..(preferrably girls tho=)

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:38 AM

o nga san naba hardcore gyms now?

used to train at york fitnss since 01,02-05 then lived at the states for a while got back home sarado na,, im the kid hu everyone use to call astro boy or superboy.hehe cause i lift heavier weights than the ones competing(with roids) :blush:

now i train at revflex not a hardcore gym,, max sa dumbells is 80lbs,, and there's only a few of us hu lifts it,, dami pacute n nagtrtrain :grr:

#36 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3270 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:00 AM

used to train at york fitnss since 01,02-05 then lived at the states for a while got back home sarado na,, im the kid hu everyone use to call astro boy or superboy.hehe cause i lift heavier weights than the ones competing(with roids) :blush:

now i train at revflex not a hardcore gym,, max sa dumbells is 80lbs,, and there's only a few of us hu lifts it,, dami pacute n nagtrtrain :grr:

Are you based in QC?

If you're near Manila, you can head out to Eclipse, or just wait after the holy week since we'll be soft-opening our Shaw branch already :cool:

#37 Jacques

Jacques

• (05) Regular
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:05 AM

I train in Revflex too. Hmmm... sino ka kaya dun? :goatee:

#38 loonee

loonee

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:into meeting different knds of people from all walks of life..(preferrably girls tho=)

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:12 PM

pare regular kaba? bka nagkikita tayo dun halos everyday ako dun...
usually hapon and nyt ako... ask around, marlon, everyone knows me

#39 Jacques

Jacques

• (05) Regular
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:48 AM

Anyone who've trained in Technofit? I think this is somewhere in Tutuban right? Is it as "hardcore" as what it is percieved to be?

#40 Jacques

Jacques

• (05) Regular
  • 628 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:57 PM

Any idea kung anong nangyari sa FOXX gym? Bakit sila nagsara e ang dami nilang clients?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users