#41 Full Metal Jacket

Full Metal Jacket

YOUWONTSEEMECOMING

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Assault and Sniper Rifles

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Religions are just one of the control mechanisms invented by humanity. And by far Buddhism is the best there is, a religion based on Kindness and Compassion.
  • Fleeting and tanggero like this

#42 BudzOrg

BudzOrg

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts
  • Interests:Any interesting thing

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

The Buddhists just want to live in total peace, with nature, with fellow humans, with animals. The Chinese are supposed to be like that until 1959 when the Maoist regime took control of the reins of Chinese government.
  • bonzos likes this

#43 Gradnello

Gradnello

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

I'm currently reading "The Buddha and His Teachings" ebook, hoping to learn more about Buddhism. :ninja:

Wow! Buddhism! Could you share the book please? :D

I think buddhism is one of the more "scientific " and realistic religions.. One of the sutras(prayer) can even be compared to the quantum physics theory!

http://write.less.dk/?p=105

#44 fml

fml

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

One of my most favorite teachings of Buddhism: “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

#45 dt55

dt55

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

I think the "karma" that people generally believe in is the "do good things and good things happen to you, do bad things and bad things happen to you" kind of karma... which is not what Buddhism actually teaches...

@lonely62699: Wikipedia lang po. Hehe.

True

#46 Alvin.teng

Alvin.teng

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:32 AM

Religions are just one of the control mechanisms invented by humanity. And by far Buddhism is the best there is, a religion based on Kindness and Compassion.

Are you a buddhist? Is anyone here a buddhist? It's interesting when people exonerate a religion or belief system of any excesses whilst summarily condemning others. What's more fascinating is the fact that these same people don't even belong to and haven't practiced such a religion or belief system that they so exalt. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

#47 Edmund Dantes

Edmund Dantes

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3878 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:22 AM

Japan has a variation of Buddhism called shinto

My former boss is an atheist, but he goes to this temple for his meditation aided by a monk.

I like the teaching of learning to empty one's self. To detach as much as possible to the material world so that one might focus more on spirituality

Isa pa, Buddhist  monks talaga ang nakikitang kong consistently na sinsusunod yung vow of poverty. Disconnect nga daw talaga dapat to the material world

#48 Fleeting

Fleeting

やっぱり!

• (14) Tera Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23429 posts
  • Interests:Anything under the sun

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

The Buddhists just want to live in total peace, with nature, with fellow humans, with animals. The Chinese are supposed to be like that until 1959 when the Maoist regime took control of the reins of Chinese government.

Just my two cents: Buddhists and Chinese shouldn't be equated as one.  As Buddhism originated in India in the first place and is now a major world religion.

#49 Fleeting

Fleeting

やっぱり!

• (14) Tera Poster
  • 23429 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

Japan has a variation of Buddhism called shinto

My former boss is an atheist, but he goes to this temple for his meditation aided by a monk.

I like the teaching of learning to empty one's self. To detach as much as possible to the material world so that one might focus more on spirituality

Isa pa, Buddhist  monks talaga ang nakikitang kong consistently na sinsusunod yung vow of poverty. Disconnect nga daw talaga dapat to the material world

I would just like to clarify that Shinto is not a variation of Buddhism.  

It is a local religion of Japan that believes basically in ancestor-worship.  ;) 

#50 bonzos

bonzos

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

Wow, ngayon ko lang nalaman na mayroon Buddhism thread dito sa makamundong MTC thread..hehe..cool!!!

Tama bro...I adhere to the common human religion of kindness...

• Fleeting likes this

#51 Fleeting

Fleeting

やっぱり!

• (14) Tera Poster
  • 23429 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:27 AM

Wow, ngayon ko lang nalaman na mayroon Buddhism thread dito sa makamundong MTC thread..hehe..cool!!!

Tama bro...I adhere to the common human religion of kindness...

As they say, all religions teaches righteousness.  But if you look back in history, Buddhism is the religion that was able to coexist peacefully wherever it was spread. Peace bro!  ;) 

#52 bonzos

bonzos

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

As they say, all religions teaches righteousness.  But if you look back in history, Buddhism is the religion that was able to coexist peacefully wherever it was spread. Peace bro!  ;) 

So true bro. Unlike other religions that have; throughout history, made claims that theirs was the only one and true religion, I admire that Buddhism never made such claims. And like you said, buddhism coexisted peacefully whith other religions  :)

Carpe diem.....Yes...let's seize the day bro!....Oh captain...my captain! hehe

• Fleeting likes this

#53 camus

camus

Jouisseur

• (12) Mega Poster
  • 9143 posts
  • Interests:all women: thick & thin, old & young, black & white and all shades in between...

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

I am not a Buddhist. But I like the philosophy. Buddhism teaches you that the root of all evil is desire, which I think is very true. This teaching is consistent with other religions such as Christianity. For example the 7 deadly sins: desire for money is greed, desire for sex is lust, desire for food is gluttony, etc etc. And therefore to do no evil, you must have no desire for anything. But Buddhism says the opposite of desire is also bad. So the only way is the middle path, then you will achieve nirvana.

Unfortunately I have many desires. And that's why I won't make a good Buddhist haha

#54 Fleeting

Fleeting

やっぱり!

• (14) Tera Poster
  • 23429 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

I am not a Buddhist. But I like the philosophy. Buddhism teaches you that the root of all evil is desire, which I think is very true. This teaching is consistent with other religions such as Christianity. For example the 7 deadly sins: desire for money is greed, desire for sex is lust, desire for food is gluttony, etc etc. And therefore to do no evil, you must have no desire for anything. But Buddhism says the opposite of desire is also bad. So the only way is the middle path, then you will achieve nirvana.

Unfortunately I have many desires. And that's why I won't make a good Buddhist haha

Buddhism also has the Buddhist concept called: Earthly Desires Are Enlightenment.

Meaning, it is only natural for us, as humans to have varied and numerous desires.  The vital issue here is if you can make these desires of yours (however numerous they may be) work for you in achieving the Way (enlightenment).

Peace bro!

#55 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Chienne Počte

• 4502 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE? HERE'S WHAT BUDDHISM SAYS!

The Buddhas teachings offer the most satisfactory explanation of where man came from and where he is going. When we die, the mind, with all the tendencies, preferences, abilities and characteristics that have been developed and conditioned in this life, re-establishes itself in a new being. Thus the new individual grows and develops a personality conditioned both by the mental characteristics that have been carried over from the previous life and by the new environment. The personality will change and be modified by conscious effort and conditioning factors like education, parental influence and society but once again at death, it will re-establish itself as life in a new being. This process of dying and being reborn will continue until the conditions that cause it, the mental factors of craving and ignorance, cease. When they do, instead of being reborn, the mind attains a state called Nirvana.
More here: http://www.wisdomawa...heres-what.html

#56 pentium4

pentium4

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

Anyone who can recommend local buddhist temple?

#57 ncbs

ncbs

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

uhm for one Buddhism is not a Religion, even Buddha admitted that he is not God or a God. And there is this quote that I really love from Buddhism " Holding on to hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die". Based on that quote Buddhism is like a philosophy for self love, peace, and love for others :wub:

#58 Fleeting

Fleeting

やっぱり!

• (14) Tera Poster
  • 23429 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

uhm for one Buddhism is not a Religion, even Buddha admitted that he is not God or a God. And there is this quote that I really love from Buddhism " Holding on to hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die". Based on that quote Buddhism is like a philosophy for self love, peace, and love for others :wub:

Buddhism, after all, is a way of life. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users