sa firefox lang ba meron problem?

#42 agimat10

agimat10

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:39 PM

bro sensya na newbie pa lang ako sa linux..
for my ubuntu, i'm using p4 2.4, 768mb ddr and 128mb geforce.
actually, yong firefox di naman mabagal pag nagbrowse yun nga lang para sya umaalon pag nagscroll down or up..
pano ba magconfig ng x?

#43 agimat10

agimat10

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:11 PM

Ubuntu 6 is default to gnome. ang ganda nga ng interface nito as compared to Windoze; one of the incentives sa mga sups to change to linux. hehe. it is a live CD and installer at the same time. and napansin ko as compared to the previous version, masmadali ang networking and software repository (mas user-friendly). If you are close to Makati area i can burn you a copy too. big fan ako ng linux. yun ang aking petix: to download linux distros off the internet. I use Suse 10.1 for my desktop here at the office. Napagkakamalan ngang Vista ang gamit ko lalo na kung 3D mode ang takbo (nakakabagal nga lang ng takbo but not that much)

Slackware na lang ang hindi ko pa nasusubukan. Ubuntu is debian based. I am more of an rpm junkie. try mo rin ang freespire (680+ Mb, the free version of Linspire, Debian based) and Zenwalk (490+ Mb, slackware based, am about to install it in a computer) distros.

other distros you can download off the web: fedora, centOS, old redhat distros for PIII units, BAYANIHAN LINUX (masyado mabagal ang download nito, better to get your copy from UP technopark; with support pa eto take note), Mandriva/Mandrake.

btw, sino dito may old copy ng LINDOWS? Meron ako before but the CDs got corrupted na :cry: perfect for PIII units sana and maganda pa ang interface neto. Pacopy ng mga installers if anyone has it.

bro i hope you don't mind if i'm going to ask you for a copy of opensuse 10.2, if you have a copy of it.. makati area din ako, i'm using ubuntu right now and i want to shift to suse 10.2 curious lang ako sa features nun.. pm mo na lang ako for the details if incase you read this.. :thumbsupsmiley:

#44 businessgeeks

businessgeeks

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Playing Drums, Adsense, Building Businesses

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:32 PM

bro sensya na newbie pa lang ako sa linux..
for my ubuntu, i'm using p4 2.4, 768mb ddr and 128mb geforce.
actually, yong firefox di naman mabagal pag nagbrowse yun nga lang para sya umaalon pag nagscroll down or up..
pano ba magconfig ng x?

What do you exactly need to do with X? maybe I can help... i started out with ubuntu warty warthog and probably can share some of my experiences.

#45 agimat10

agimat10

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

What do you exactly need to do with X? maybe I can help... i started out with ubuntu warty warthog and probably can share some of my experiences.

honestly, i don't know how and what to fix with x.. suggestion lang ni roninblade..(see post above..) yong problema ko sa ubuntu is yong firefox, para syang umaalon pag nagscroll up ang down.. pero mabilis naman magbrowse.. do you experience the same with ubuntu?

#46 roninblade

roninblade

// no comment

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:33 PM

hmmm... so sa firefox lang pala problem.
ano ba plugins ang kinabit mo dyan?
nangyari kasi sa akin before andami plugins na enabled kaya naapektuhan ang browsing.

Edited by roninblade, 21 March 2007 - 11:34 PM.

#47 businessgeeks

businessgeeks

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

honestly, i don't know how and what to fix with x.. suggestion lang ni roninblade..(see post above..) yong problema ko sa ubuntu is yong firefox, para syang umaalon pag nagscroll up ang down.. pero mabilis naman magbrowse.. do you experience the same with ubuntu?

I think your video card was not properly detected so the defualt driver was installed. Are you using an NVIDIA card? or an ATI Card?

#48 agimat10

agimat10

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

hmmm... so sa firefox lang pala problem.
ano ba plugins ang kinabit mo dyan?
nangyari kasi sa akin before andami plugins na enabled kaya naapektuhan ang browsing.

so far wala pa ko nalalagay na plugins, i think java pa lang.. wala naman problema browsing, mabilis naman..

#49 agimat10

agimat10

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:20 PM

I think your video card was not properly detected so the defualt driver was installed. Are you using an NVIDIA card? or an ATI Card?

I'm using Nvidia card, i think tama ka bro.. kasi nung ini-install ko yung driver ayaw gumana ng auto-run ng mga cd.. ano ba dapat ko i-update para ma-auto run yong mga driver sa ubuntu..

#50 businessgeeks

businessgeeks

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:27 PM

I'm using Nvidia card, i think tama ka bro.. kasi nung ini-install ko yung driver ayaw gumana ng auto-run ng mga cd.. ano ba dapat ko i-update para ma-auto run yong mga driver sa ubuntu..

How did you install the driver for NVIDIA?

#51 roninblade

roninblade

// no comment

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:53 AM

where did you get and how did you install the nvidia driver?
from the ubuntu repositories or from the nvidia site?

#52 agimat10

agimat10

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:34 PM

How did you install the driver for NVIDIA?

where did you get and how did you install the nvidia driver?
from the ubuntu repositories or from the nvidia site?

i didn't install any driver for my video card.. naka default na sya from the time i installed the os (ubuntu).. kaya siguro parang umaalon yong firefox.. i tried to google for the inno3d geforce driver pero walng support para sa linux (ubuntu).. wala na ba chance na mapagana ko auto run ng cd? para mainstall ko driver..

#53 businessgeeks

businessgeeks

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:24 PM

i didn't install any driver for my video card.. naka default na sya from the time i installed the os (ubuntu).. kaya siguro parang umaalon yong firefox.. i tried to google for the inno3d geforce driver pero walng support para sa linux (ubuntu).. wala na ba chance na mapagana ko auto run ng cd? para mainstall ko driver..

Installing NVIDIA card drivers are pretty straight forward if you have a DSL or any broadband connection. You just simply follow the instructions found on this website:

Install NVIDIA proprietary drivers.

#54 artvader

artvader

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:07 AM

I don't have any background in linux and looking at that link, it didn't seem straight-forward to me. I don;t even know where to type those commands in.

#55 businessgeeks

businessgeeks

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:01 PM

I don't have any background in linux and looking at that link, it didn't seem straight-forward to me. I don;t even know where to type those commands in.

If you're using Ubuntu. Just Click on Applications > Accessories > Terminal

Just send me a PM if you still need help, and I'll gladly help.

#56 pr0nmast3r

pr0nmast3r

Strange Fades

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:04 PM

sino na nakatry ng Sabayon Linux?

#57 agimat10

agimat10

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:39 PM

Installing NVIDIA card drivers are pretty straight forward if you have a DSL or any broadband connection. You just simply follow the instructions found on this website:

Install NVIDIA proprietary drivers.

Bro Thanks!! i will try to follow the instruction.. na-open ko yung link.. medyo parang ang hirap sa beginners na katulad ko.. but i will try.. i will just post question if ever it will not work.. thanks again..

#58 giojho01

giojho01

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

men download ka na lang ng ISO image, para hindi ka gumastos.

second the motion! its free to download :cool:

#59 businessgeeks

businessgeeks

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

Bro Thanks!! i will try to follow the instruction.. na-open ko yung link.. medyo parang ang hirap sa beginners na katulad ko.. but i will try.. i will just post question if ever it will not work.. thanks again..

Hi there... were you able to fix your browser issue?

#60 Ryuji_tanaka

Ryuji_tanaka

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

options if linux does not recognize your driver or you need a program that is M$ only:
1. post mo yung M$ version ng driver online, usually someone can reverse compile it.
2. Emulator
3. Use OS Shell

Edited by Ryuji_tanaka, 29 June 2007 - 11:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users