Mydestiny

I remember when we requested a demo three years ago and only the provider in the vicinity we have no choice but to avail their service. So requested a demo that runs for 7 days... something good came up for us they never follow up or call/bother us how was their service if we are convince. To cut short we have a free internet access for a year or so... We just stop using it because of a poor internet access... hehehe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know with you guys, pero I am a MyDestiny user... and here's the result of my speedtest.net..

As of March 4, 2007 12:43AM

http://www.speedtest.net/result/94046645.png

Here's the fastest connection that I got...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/92722056.png

Here's the slowest (experienced once or twice)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/92449451.png

• 2 weeks later...

Some guys are lucky but I am not one of them. Service in our area really bad ang hirap pa tumaag sa tech support. Pinapaputol ko na ang dami pang sasat na check muna raw nila bill pa ng bill useless naman service provide nila. Basta what I told nung tumawag sila sakin Just cut the Damn Line I dont need any bullshit aswer cause Ive been hearing that since January. Ang sama talaga ng service.

I'm a Destiny subscriber and I'm sad to say that service has degraded since the Taiwan earthquake. There are certain areas that have good connections and while the rest suffer the slow, unstable and laggy internet. Destiny has its own forum where members post their grievances about their poor service. However, it seems that their complaints are of no consequence to Destiny. In fact, it appears that the moderators and administrators have abandoned the forum. :angry:

insomnii you're right I did went to their forum di mo na makita ang admin doon at mga moderators, free for all na panay bashing ang nangyari doon fault din naman ng management they didn't do their job and the customer care talagang di mo matawagan swertihan kung may makausap kang customer care sa email nga di na sila sumasagot eh.

Edited by Red_Skorpion31

may game server pa ba?

just a suggestion... kunin nyo na lang # ng mga nagservice mismo

that's what I do... tas sila na mismo tinatawagan ko...

yun nga lang everytime they go sa hse pinapa-merienda ko na lang...

don't know if you'd approve of this... but just sharing some tip...

worth it naman kasi when my modem broke down because I think it got stuck by lightning (may nagspark kasi)

sila na mismo gumawa ng paraan para mapalitan ako ng bago...

• 2 weeks later...
tama wlang kwenta destiny.. wag kayong magpasubscribe..

about destiny cable .. anyone here knows why wlang star tv sa destiny?

doesnt make sense! it sucks.

about sa internet, mag pldt na lang kayo :).

yup i agree sobrang magal kasi bottle neck :P

Edited by bukn0y
tama wlang kwenta destiny.. wag kayong magpasubscribe..

about destiny cable .. anyone here knows why wlang star tv sa destiny?

doesnt make sense! it sucks.

about sa internet, mag pldt na lang kayo :).

because the star group was able to sign a exclusive deal with beyond cable (sky and home cable)

main reason why walang star ang destiny... di ko lang alam ang solar...

dude balita ko lang ha.

sky is planning to setup a system where in aalisin na nila ang mga illegal connections and each connection yata declared na sa kanila kung illegal ka o hindi.

so mangyayari eh baka daw katulad na din sila ng dream na kung saan eh pag may splitter ka kung ano pinapanood sa isang channel the same na din ang sa kabila.

i think na implement na daw ito within some area in manila and im not sure kung totoo pero taga sky na nag balita nito eh :D

dude balita ko lang ha.

sky is planning to setup a system where in aalisin na nila ang mga illegal connections and each connection yata declared na sa kanila kung illegal ka o hindi.

so mangyayari eh baka daw katulad na din sila ng dream na kung saan eh pag may splitter ka kung ano pinapanood sa isang channel the same na din ang sa kabila.

i think na implement na daw ito within some area in manila and im not sure kung totoo pero taga sky na nag balita nito eh :D

dude... with all dues respect... what has this got to do with destiny?

are they planning to implement any similar gadgets?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lol. ive just been browsing around and looked at a few of the posts here. ive been a mydestiny internet subscriber for 3 years. Right now im using the 999 plan and contrary to complaints and a major mishap that was forgiven (more on it later) its been great.

As for the crappy internet connection that you guys are complaining about you have to take into consideration a lot of different factors that are out of control for the people at destiny. Firstly your internet connection is sent through the same lines as your sky/destiny cable is and although this allows for pretty good speeds a downside to using this system is that if there are a lot of users in your area as is the case with condos, your speed will tend not to be as great as expected. Secondly even if you have a 512kbps plan you will not get a download at 512kbps. I think this is more like an estimated maximum speed but you still shouldn't expect to download at over 200kbps.

I live in a village and im guessing there arent too many destiny subscribers over here because my internet is great. I used to play World of Warcraft with people in the states and from 12am onwards i would very very minimal lag, so i havent experienced the crappy internet connection that others are complaining about. In fact sa BangBus.com, i could download two movies at 185Kbps each. Siguro maganda ung server nila because thats the only time ive ever seen speeds like that but at a 999 plan i can reach over 200kbps downloading multiple files on limewire.

Im not saying the others are wrong though im just shedding light on the better side of destiny.

As for problems with their customer service ganito lang to. Be nice to the people but if they dont solve your problem in a week have them call your house through the text line every day to make them kulit. If this still doesnt help then on the second week make them call you and pretend your a f#&king Ayala and shout your f#&king head off, then tell them to put the manager on the line and shout at him till he stammers. Give him an exact time and i swear to god a repair crew will come knocking the next day. Parang bata lang sila, you have to shout at them when nothing else works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last Friday I had problem with my modem due to a sudden lightning strike in our area, so I went to my room to unplug my personal computer and modem suddenly I smelled smoke on my modem, I called up customer care they told that they're going to send someone to have my modem checked the next day, ironically no one showed up, so to end a long story short I called a lineman from Destiny and he replaced my modem, he found that the modem was busted and he had it replaced.

What angered me the most people from customer care didn't even bother to physically check my modem at home, they told me that they're checking my connection thru their head office.

Edited by Red_Skorpion31
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...