• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

For me (rank accordingly top 1-3)
1. Starex - comfort and sheer driving
2. Urvan - capacity
3. Hiace - space

I think the Starex would be the safest vehicle of the three. The Urvan and Hiace don't have hoods. So if your vehicle slams into another vehicle, chances are you will be pinned in your Hiace or Urvan if you're sitting up front. Iba ang may hood to protect passengers in case of a collision.
  • khantan likes this

#4 SkinDeep

SkinDeep

Infamous

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Interests:meet-ups, coffee, shots, gadgets, travel, reading, beach

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Here's mine in terms of space, comfort, durability and maintenance.

1. Starex - Ride comfort, Spacious (some have swivel type of chair in the passenger side), Coach seat (i think this is for the top of the line).
2. HiAce - Durability
3. Urvan - As per Nissans, they say that they have great AC.

There are also rumors that a new Nissan Grand Estate will be release locally. You might also take a look at it before choosing among the van types.

#5 cyking

cyking

Cyking

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

i'll go for urvan - ice cold aircon

#6 red089

red089

Virgin

• (04) Casual
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

good day sirs,

in my opinion japanese makers still make the best vehicles around. i would go for the hi ace lalo na if its the grandia or super grandia model

the nissan urvan has been seen all around the metro because of its hauling capacity and VERY cool airconditioning but heres the thing a brand new vehicle should not be breaking down right? ive seen these vans on the side of the road with smoking engines.. di po overheat engine trouble talaga la pa 1 year baba na agad engine.

lastly for the starex though the body is nice and all but do take note it is a korean vehicle maganda talaga kasi its brand new but look at the older models of the starex you would notice interior parts madaling masira and really not that durable.

there you go sir. actually depende rin sa purpose ng van san nyo sya gagamitin pang family ba or business so dami pa factors to consider
  • powerpuffgirls likes this

#7 oscartamaguchiblackface

oscartamaguchiblackface

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

good day sirs,

in my opinion japanese makers still make the best vehicles around. i would go for the hi ace lalo na if its the grandia or super grandia model

the nissan urvan has been seen all around the metro because of its hauling capacity and VERY cool airconditioning but heres the thing a brand new vehicle should not be breaking down right? ive seen these vans on the side of the road with smoking engines.. di po overheat engine trouble talaga la pa 1 year baba na agad engine.

lastly for the starex though the body is nice and all but do take note it is a korean vehicle maganda talaga kasi its brand new but look at the older models of the starex you would notice interior parts madaling masira and really not that durable.

there you go sir. actually depende rin sa purpose ng van san nyo sya gagamitin pang family ba or business so dami pa factors to consider

Thanks for the inputs bro red089. This thing you mentioned about Nissan Urvans breaking down, has this been documented? Has Nissan issued a recall order of this type of vans?

#8 red089

red089

Virgin

• (04) Casual
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for the inputs bro red089. This thing you mentioned about Nissan Urvans breaking down, has this been documented? Has Nissan issued a recall order of this type of vans?

no worries sir based lang naman sya sa experiences ko.. as for the nissan urvans breaking down im not really sure how nissan addressed the issues. try asking the uv express drivers they can give us more info about how the urvan is.

#9 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

If you have lots of money to waste go for Starex. It has the most problematic engine of all. Overheating is the common problem and very poor fuel economy. In terms of looks, Starex gets my vote. Hanggang porma lang kasi korean cars. They only make their vehicles look better than the Japanese vehicles but never focused on the engine and under chassis durability.

#10 Happy Vic

Happy Vic

God of Lust

• (12) Mega Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

hanggang ngayon i still think the L300 Exceed was a good van. dunno why hindi tinuloy ng mitsubishi yun.

Hi Ace ako sa choices but its really too big for a family van unless buong angkan sasakay

#11 stormrider

stormrider

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

What about Starex vs Kia Carnival?

#12 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 559 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

What about Starex vs Kia Carnival?

pareho...... parehong sakit ng ulo.. hehehe.

#13 jimithing

jimithing

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

we have a starex la naman sakit sa ulo. happy with it, the super grandia is nice, very strong engine, nice interior hinahangin lang sa skyway

#14 bernie2020

bernie2020

Voyeur

• (02) Sinless
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

kung pang pamilya - STAREX - the most comfortable among the 3

pang negosyo - URVAN/HIACE - pareho subok na matatag sa kargahan.

URVAN - mas mura at luma na styling HIACE - mas bago, mas mahal

#15 oscartamaguchiblackface

oscartamaguchiblackface

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

If you have lots of money to waste go for Starex. It has the most problematic engine of all. Overheating is the common problem and very poor fuel economy. In terms of looks, Starex gets my vote. Hanggang porma lang kasi korean cars. They only make their vehicles look better than the Japanese vehicles but never focused on the engine and under chassis durability.

pareho...... parehong sakit ng ulo.. hehehe.

Bro was just wondering if the overheating problem and poor fuel economy you mentioned is based on first hand knowledge or write-ups that you've read. You see I just found out this evening my mom purchased a Starex and I want to be forewarned about potential problems with this type of vehicle.

#16 Vincent 25

Vincent 25

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

For me Starex kasi mas mura siya... Posted Image

#17 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

Bro was just wondering if the overheating problem and poor fuel economy you mentioned is based on first hand knowledge or write-ups that you've read. You see I just found out this evening my mom purchased a Starex and I want to be forewarned about potential problems with this type of vehicle.

its a fact bro. experienced it myself. ok lang if di mo papatagalin ang unit (max of 3 years ownership), pero pag lumampas ka sa period na to sasakit na ulo mo. You cant go wrong with the Japanese brands and European brands kaya iwas muna sa Korean cars for now.

#18 S14

S14

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

I disagree on this i had a 2001 starex n not a single problem just follow your regular routine maintenance. People tend to skip on maintenaince then sometimes blame for poor quality of the said vehicle.

#19 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

I disagree on this i had a 2001 starex n not a single problem just follow your regular routine maintenance. People tend to skip on maintenaince then sometimes blame for poor quality of the said vehicle.

swerte mo at naka chamba ka. every 5k kms ang PMS ng unit namin sa casa pero overheating pa rin at, eventually, nasira ang turbo. marami din mayari ng hyundai na same ang reklamo.

poor talaga. they tend to overprice their units to make it look luxurious and superior against the Japs. Sa lugar namin, lalo na sa central part na maraming bundok, di bumibili mga tao dun ng any korean vehicle dahil di talaga kaya ang terrain and bumibigay ang under-chassis. The only plus side of the Korean vehicles are the exterior design. Malayo talaga porma ng mga Japs. Sobrang pormado mga Korean cars and ang tutulin kung tumakbo.

#20 BILL

BILL

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hi Ace most durable, easy to maintain, high resale value, TOYOTA QUALITY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users