Places With Live Jazz And/or Piano Music

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest foxtrotbravo
I know Jazz is not too popular nowadays, but are there any places that still feature live Jazz performers regularly?

Thanks for your inputs.

Kennedy & D bar at the Home Depot compound near Ortigas Center. Malapit sa dampa.

I'm looking for a good piano bar. No singers. No audience participation. No loud rowdy noise. Just plain good old acoustic piano played by a competent and insightful pianist. That should be make for a very relaxing and romantic, if not sentimental or even heartbreaking evening. I'm sure everyone gets into this kind of mood once in a while.

Where do I find one?

Edited by hardrock
for those going here sa cebu na jazz lovers, JAZZ n BLUES BAR alng F. Cabahug St., (Ayala access rd) Cebu city. its near Castle Peak Hotel and Sarrosa International Hotel

Thanks, presario. In fact, I will be going to Cebu later this week. You have very good timing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try the new Martini's Bar in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Makati. It offers live jazz music every day (except Sundays). This place is jam-packed on Fridays & Saturdays with yuppies from upper-end class and foreigners... the girls are top-notch.. one time I was bumped into a girl and ended up chatting with her... her name was Nancy, then after a while I just realized she was Nancy Castiglione!

However beware of its $$$$... draining you wallet, but the fantastic music, crowd and ambience make up for it.

at chakik's bar inside the golf driving range compound on julia vargas.

every thursday night starting arnd 9pm, myra ruaro, also known as skarlet of the brownbeat all-stars, sings jazz standards & latin jazz classics together with an acoustic trio (guitar, upright bass, drums).

great stuff for those into mainstream jazz.

cheap, cold beer & great finger food too.