A Song of Ice & Fire Series

Night gathers, and now my watch begins.

It shall not end until my death.

I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children.

I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.

I shall live and die at my post.

I am the sword in the darkness.

I am the watcher on the walls.

I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all nights to come

“Swift as a deer. Quiet as a shadow. Fear cuts deeper than swords.

Quick as a snake. Calm as still water. Fear cuts deeper than swords.

Strong as a bear. Fierce as a wolverine. Fear cuts deeper than swords.

The man who fears losing has already lost. Fear cuts deeper than swords.

Fear cuts deeper than swords. Fear cuts deeper than swords.”

Edited by Wyld

just finished clash of kings.

when renly was killed i knew it was the woman.

i enjoyed the encounter of the ward with his older sister. very cunning woman.

like i said in the tv thread, the battle of blackwater bay left me a few questions. just read the author's note at the beginning of book three and hopefully my questions will be answered in this book.

when the ward was looking for the two princes in the woods, i had a feeling where they were hiding. and i was right. hehehe.

i'm disappointed with the absence of chapters from the pov of the king of the north. especially, he's won two battles already.

king of the north wasnt a major character .. none of the kings are not even stannis ..

which to me is disappointing. you'd think a clash of kings would explore more the characters of the claimants. instead, i got to know more about the life of the onion knight and how humiliating the life of the betrothed has become! even the whores of the imp were more developed!

on the other hand when the tv series for the second book gets shown, we'll likely be seeing exposure from the betrothed and more from the khalessi. :P

which to me is disappointing. you'd think a clash of kings would explore more the characters of the claimants. instead, i got to know more about the life of the onion knight and how humiliating the life of the betrothed has become! even the whores of the imp were more developed!

on the other hand when the tv series for the second book gets shown, we'll likely be seeing exposure from the betrothed and more from the khalessi. :P

There's a reason why the author didn't focused much on Robb in book 2 which you'll read in book 3, he used Davos as your POV on Stannis and Melisandre

which to me is disappointing. you'd think a clash of kings would explore more the characters of the claimants.

Because kings are made not by the kings themselves but the people around them. They are merely pawns in the game of thrones. The real players live on.

There's a reason why the author didn't focused much on Robb in book 2 which you'll read in book 3, he used Davos as your POV on Stannis and Melisandre

I know what the author's done with the onion knight. In the same manner that the king of the north is always seen from the pov of his mother. I just dont like it.

I'm into book 3 and so far I am not overwhelmed. It's not a bad series but for some reason it's just not clicking for me. I'm planning on finishing the series anyways and see how it goes.

So far, the characters that are working for me are Daenerys, Jon, and Arya. I feel there will be more to come from these 3. Tyrion's character to me is by far the most enjoyable to read. Sansa and Bran can die now and I wouldnt miss their stories.