Back To The 70's

Speaking of Dustin Hoffman, I first saw him in The Graduate. Hindi ba doon yung song na The Sound of Silence ni Simon & Garfunkle?

Hello darkness my old friend....

Ang ganda ni Katharine Ross.

correct! :P Dyan din tinugtog yung MRS. ROBINSON...

I wonder whatever happened to Kathering Ross. After THE GRADUATE, she appeared with Paul Newman and Robert Redford in BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID then nawala na yata siya. Can anybody forget that scene in BUTCH CASSIDY where Katherine Ross was riding yata in the handlebar of the bicycle being ridden by Paul Newman while RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD as sung by BJ THOMAS was being played? That was one vivid memory for me!

I wonder whatever happened to Kathering Ross. After THE GRADUATE, she appeared with Paul Newman and Robert Redford in BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID then nawala na yata siya. Can anybody forget that scene in BUTCH CASSIDY where Katherine Ross was riding yata in the handlebar of the bicycle being ridden by Paul Newman while RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD as sung by BJ THOMAS was being played? That was one vivid memory for me!

after Butch Cassidy, Katherine Ross went on to star in movies STEPFORD WIVES. Stepford Wives has been remade and was shown recently in the states starring Nicole Kidman. RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD was used again in Spider-man 2. that song was composed by Burt Bacharach.

Edited by Anaheim
di ba si ed finlan hosted an afternoon show called nine-teeners?

pards, nine-teeners was a 60s variety show :lol: :lol: :lol: yung old channel 9 yata (i think kanlaon towers pangalan ng building sa may Baclaran) kasi nasa roxas boulevard dati yung TV station na yun at nilalakad lang namin, sinama ako nuon ng katulong namin na mahilig sa live variety show - we weren't able to enter the live broadcast show (forgot the name- oras ng ligaya yata) at the other studio room kasi punuan na ....we went to the other studio room where they were also broadcasting a live show called NINE-TEENERS...kaunti kang mga audience, I was focused in a close-up angle nakita ako sa TV hehehe. I remember nanduon sina bobby gonzales, ed finland nga (si tisoy), reycards. napaghahalata mga edad natin tuloy :lol:

I was a member of the UNCLE BOB club at the old channel 7...I still have his photo with his signature....kasikatan ng BATMAN (adam west) mga panahon na yun, green hornet, star trek, mission impossible, malikmata (vic diaz), buhay artista (dolphy and panchito, pancho magalona, man from u.n.c.l.e,. pards umpisahan mo na yung Back to the 60s thread (nasa elementary tayo nun) :lol:

mga 70s boys, may bagong game (inumpisahan ni pareng dekampanilla) sa Games, Jokes and More => Pinoy Pop Culture Trivia, mga 70s ang mga tanong. Try to post your answers there, thanks.

Thanks pre. Actually, I wanted to post it here. Kaso, may mga tanong doon na medyo OT dahil pang 80's. I don't know all the answers so the help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Dapat sigurong balikan ko sa makati Cinema Square yung DVD ng BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. Sana naroon pa.

Yung bicycle ride e niremake sa Quicksilver ni Kevin Bacon. Tama ba ko?

Yeah, the very famous Mrs. Robinson played by Anne Bancroft. We used to call Mrs. Robinson yung mga mommy ng mga kakalase namin na may asim pa ika nga ang dating (mala-Cory Quirino) :P

isama mo na ang LEGO toys, immortalized in the Tisoy komiks strip as LESGO toys

channel 7

monday - mekanda robot -jimmy orion

tuesday - daimos - richard hartford

wednesday - mazinger z - koji kabuto

thursday - ufo robot grendaizer - brick janssen

friday - voltes five - alam nyo na

channel 9

monday - forgot but has a robot named jackalman

tuesday - balatack -

wednesday -

thursday - danguard ace -

friday -

Jeeg pag mondays sa CH 9

Starzingers (Spacekteers) ata pag wednesday

sa channel 13 may G-Force :D

The first parties I've ever attended (in later grade school years), we danced to the soundtrack of Saturday Night Fever. The first audio tape I've ever bought was Andy Gibb's Shadow Dancing. The first movie I ever saw in a moviehouse without my parents was Carwash. The first time I ever cut class was to go out with my friends to watch the Led Zepellin concert movie at Quad.

Hotdog, which IMHO is the most revolutionary Filipino band, took OPM out of the "Novelty Songs" category and into the pop mainstream. It was also the time of Pinoy Rock at DZRJ (The Rock of Manila). Juan dela Cruz band. Later on came Maria Cafra, Banyuhay ni Hebert, Asin, Florante, etc. Naghiwalay ang Circus Band and everybody came to know Basil, Hadji, Pabs, Jacqui, Tillie, and Boy K. as individual performers.

During that time, Ateneo and La Salle were still part of the NCAA. The NCAA was THE collegiate leauge. Nobody watches UAAP. Palakasan ng cheering between students and alumni from Ateneo, La Salle, San Beda, Baste, and Letran. Now, Ateneo and DLSU brought cheering to the UAAP (wala namang cheer ang mga UAAP schools eh sa totoo lang!). In return, the Blue Babble Batallion learned how to dance (if you grew up seeing the snappy way the BBB used to cheer, you'd understand the "something's-wrong-with-this-picture-feeling" that one gets while watching them dance these days).

And it seems a lot of the songs coming out of the airwaves nowadays are just remakes. I watched a BBC documentary on 70s pop culture and there was this observation that the 70s was the golden age of pop music. At no other time in the 20th century has music become more diverse. And from no other era has music been as remade and copied as those from the 70s.

eto yung picture na sinasabi ni bods1000. Paul Newman and Katharine Ross

post-52-1089871745.jpg

here's another pic of katharine for bods1000

post-52-1089871974.jpg

katharine ross form www.imdb.com

Don't Let Go (2002) .... Charlene Stevens

Donnie Darko (2001) .... Dr. Lilian Thurman

Home Before Dark (1997) .... Rose

Climate for Killing, A (1991) .... Grace Hines

... aka Row of Crows, A (1991)

Conagher (1991) (TV) .... Evie Teale

... aka Louis L'Amour's Conagher (1991) (TV)

Distribution of Lead (1988) .... Maude

Tattle: When to Tell on a Friend (1988) (TV) .... Maggie's Mother

... aka Tattle (1988) (TV) (USA: short title)

Red-Headed Stranger (1986) .... Laurie

Houston: The Legend of Texas (1986) (TV) (uncredited) .... Mrs. Dickinson

... aka Gone to Texas (1986) (TV)

Reel Horror (1985)

"Colbys, The" (1985) TV Series .... Francesca Scott Colby Hamilton Langdon

... aka "Dynasty II: The Colbys" (1985) (original title (first four episodes title))

Secrets of a Mother and Daughter (1983) (TV) .... Ava Pryce

Travis McGee (1983) (TV) .... Gretel Howard

... aka Travis McGee: The Empty Copper Sea (1983) (TV)

Wait Until Dark (1982) (TV) .... Suzy Hendrix

Shadow Riders, The (1982) (TV) .... Kate Connery/Sister Katherine

... aka Louis L'Amour's The Shadow Riders (1982) (TV)

Wrong Is Right (1982) .... Sally Blake

... aka Man with the Deadly Lens, The (1982)

Marian Rose White (1982) (TV) .... Nurse Bonnie MacNeil

Murder in Texas (1981) (TV) .... Ann Kurth Hill

Rodeo Girl (1980) (TV) .... Sammy Garrett

Final Countdown, The (1980) .... Laurel Scott

Murder by Natural Causes (1979) (TV) .... Allison Sinclair

Legacy, The (1978) .... Margaret Walsh

... aka Legacy of Maggie Walsh, The (1978)

Swarm, The (1978) .... Capt. Helena Anderson

Betsy, The (1978) .... Sally Hardeman

... aka Harold Robbins' The Betsy (1978)

"Alle origini della mafia" (1976) (mini) TV Series .... Rosa Mastrangelo (episode "Omertà")

... aka "Roots of the Mafia" (1976) (mini) (USA)

Voyage of the Damned (1976) .... Mira Hauser

Wanted: The Sundance Woman (1976) (TV) .... Etta Place/Mrs. Sundance/Annie Martin/Bonnie Doris

... aka Mrs. Sundance Rides Again (1976) (TV)

Stepford Wives, The (1975) .... Joanna Eberhart

Hasard et la violence, Le (1974) .... Docteur Constance Weber

... aka Amore e violenza (1974) (Italy)

... aka Assassinio al sole (1974) (Italy)

... aka Chance and Violence (1974) (International: English title)

Get to Know Your Rabbit (1972) .... Terrific-Looking Girl

They Only k*ll Their Masters (1972) .... Kate Bingham, Dr. Watkins' Nurse

Fools (1970)

Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here (1969) .... Lola

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) .... Etta Place

Hellfighters (1968) .... Tish Buckman

Graduate, The (1967) .... Elaine Robinson

hotdog is one of the band that truly captured the 'manila sound' of the 70s. ikaw ang miss universe ng buhay ko coincided with the 74 pegeant here.

used to follow the starzingers (sundays on ch.7) and even watched the movie 'space cruiser yamato' in sta. cruz, manila.

physical is 90s bos orionpax, noon: gease is the word isthewordistheword.....

im looking for the circus band pic showing hajji with the great threads... post it here kung makita ko, dont hold your breath tho.....

Ang ka-loveteam ni Darius Razon was Geraldine. I remember the company driver of my father used to drive for Darius back then and kuwento nya palagi daw nyang hinahatid sa mga motel sina Darius at Geraldine :P Funny but Darius now owns several girlie bars in the Boni area which we used to frequent. He manages to sit with us every so often and get this - Darius is definitely gay :D

Darius made a big hit in his song Shadow of the Night.

si boy mondragon naalala ko...yung batang malaki ang labi...patay na ba yun?

Ike Lozada was my uncle's classmate in elementary school, i saw the yearbook bata pa is Enrique Lozada (real name) mataba na talaga kaya namatay ng maaga.

Boy Mondragon pinasikat niya iyong kantang RAIN, his contemporary na child singer ay si Efren Montes, sikat naman siya sa kantang Kiss me in the Morning ( I'm not so sure if this is tha right title of the song)

Mga prices ng bilihin na natatandaan ko pa nung 1976.

Shakey's single cheese pizza - P 6.00

Tropical hut classic burger - P 4.50

Jolliebee hamburger - P 3.50

Movie ticket price P 3.50 Orchestra, P 4.50 balcony, P 5.00 loge

Bowling fare in Coronado lanes - P 2.50 per game till 5pm. After 5pm - P 3.50

Pay telephone - 20c

Softdrinks - 50c

Jeepney and bus fare - 30c first 5km.

Plain Lacoste Tshirt (Made in France) - P 120.00

Izod Lacoste P 60-90

after Butch Cassidy, Katherine Ross went on to star in movies STEPFORD WIVES. Stepford Wives has been remade and was shown recently in the states starring Nicole Kidman. RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD was used again in Spider-man 2. that song was composed by Burt Bacharach.

after that movie nawala na nga talaga siya :P

I dunno why they used that song again in SPIDEY 2, pero when I saw the movie and heard RAINDROPS again, parang I wanted to watch BUTCH CASSIDY ulit.

After BUTCH CASSIDY, Redford and Newman went on to do THE STING, which I think won Best Picture accolades. That movie also had a memorable theme song - the instrumental THE ENTERTAINER.....

Dapat sigurong balikan ko sa makati Cinema Square yung DVD ng BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. Sana naroon pa.

Yung bicycle ride e niremake sa Quicksilver ni Kevin Bacon. Tama ba ko?

Yeah, the very famous Mrs. Robinson played by Anne Bancroft. We used to call Mrs. Robinson yung mga mommy ng mga kakalase namin na may asim pa ika nga ang dating (mala-Cory Quirino) :P

sana nga nandun pa kaya lang wala akong DVD so I can't borrow it from you :P

can't quite recall QUICKSILVER. Is this the movie where Kevin Bacon gets to ride bikes?