Back To The 70's

I'm not aware that Maricar Zaldariagga got married to any of the Sorianos. I know for a fact that Carlos (?) married the former model Menchu Menchaca, who was a cousin of a former boss, and I'm sure iba din yung napangasawa ni Andy Jr. - not Maricar...

Let me correct you about Menchu Menchaca. She's married to Eduardo and not to Carlos.

My wife worked with an ANSCOR company before.

Yes, what a great movie. I wonder how many people actually decided to become lawyers simply because of "The Paper Chase." I remember, back in college, how one of my friends, when asked why he wanted to stay in our particular classroom, answered, "Because it's like The Paper Chase." :lol: :lol:

But didn't you notice how different the characters of the movie were with the characters of the TV series that followed? In the movie, Bell was an arrogant ass with a photographic memory who called his outline "fantastic." In the series, Bell was the comic relief. In the movie, Hart was no great student, just someone getting by. In the series, he was near the top of the class. The female member of the group was practically non-existent in the movie; in the series, she was the smart lady with an attitude. Ford was probably the only one who was the same in both the movie and the series.

As for the series, one of the most memorable episodes was when one of the members of the study group was able to get a copy of the exam beforehand (They all thought it was a past exam). All members of the study group got A's because they knew exactly how to argue the "Bowling Green case" (where a crematorium was being sued because the body was burned in a fire instead of being cremated!!!). In the movie, that character dropped out because he couldn't handle the pressure; in the series, he was allowed to leave after he admitted his crime to Prof Kingsfield.

By the way, the movie also featured a pre-"Bionic Woman" Lindsay Wagner.

Yes, I remember the Paper Chase (The First Year) TV series, mga 1977-78 yon…..sikat na movie at that time was ONE ON ONE, a basketball movie starring Robby Benson, its theme song was MY FAIR SHARE by Seals and Croft. Kasikatan ng Seals and Croft at that time kaya sila na rin kumanta ng theme song ng Paper Chase – The First Years TV series. The dialogues of the first few episodes of the Paper Chase TV series came straight from the movie version. Only the FIRST YEAR episodes were shown here in the Philippines….the series continued (1981-83) PAPER CHASE (The Second Year), PAPER CHASE (the Third Year), PAPER CHASE (the Fourth Year) and a special episode called Graduation Day which was shown in the U.S. cable SHOWTIME. My mother recorded all those episodes in the States in betamax format and she had it sent here in a balikbayan box. I still have those tapes but it’s deteriorating at wala na akong betamax player. :(

di ba dito rin yung line about a "photographic memory"?

sa Paper Chase the movie nga yon pareng sally bogna mathay, sabi nga ni Mr. Kingsfield "Photographic memory has no use for you, without the ability to analyze and condense facts, a photographic memory is useless!"

By the way, the movie also featured a pre-"Bionic Woman" Lindsay Wagner.

I remember a toy that I had....SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN (10 inch) FIGURE with a hole at the back of the head of an exact likeness of lee majors, kapag sumilip ka makikita mo mga magnified image as seen by Austin's bionic eye. kay lindsay wagner naman bionic hearing hehehehe. ano nga ba pangalan ng character ni lee majors? austin lang maalala ko, dito yata kinuha ni mike myers para sa kanyang austin powers character eh.

mga 70s boys, napanuod ko yung ALL TOGETHER NOW kagabi.....na alala ko sina Nora Aunor at Tirso Cruz III, Vilma Santos at Edgar Mortiz. wala pa yatang nagbabanggit mga yon dito sa thread hehehehehe.

THE SENSATIONS - TV (circa 1971-72) show, directed by Tony Santos Sr., mga casts na loveteam sina Perla Adea and Romy Mallari, Vilma Santos and Bobot Mortiz, sina Darius Razon, Tony Santos Jr. (yung baklang anak ng director)....baka maalala nyo pa yung iba hindi ko na maalala yung iba

SUPER LAFF-IN - TV gag show (circa 1971-72 din)directed by Rolly de leon, bata pa si Joey de Leon dito at mahaba ang buhok kamukha siya ni DAVID CASSIDY, kasama din sina TANGE sa cast na ito, mildred ortega at yung unano na si MAURICIO (hindi yung Maureen mauricio na bold star). ang logo panga nila was a hand doing a peace sign with sexy legs...kinuha nila yung logo na iyon from a movie M.A.S.H (1970) (Donald Sutherland, Elliot Gould) iba pa yang MASH TV series starring Alan Alda.

HARDY BOYS (circa 1977-78) starring Shawn Cassidy, sikat na kanta ni Shawn Cassidy - DA DO RUN RUN, shawn is the half-brother of DAVID cassidy.

PARTRIDGE FAMILY - 70s din yun , sina shirley jones nanay ni david cassidy.

SUPERSTAR - channel 9, nora aunor and german moreno. kasikatan ng JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR nuon hence the name SUPERSTAR taken by nora aunor hehehehe. I still have the LP album Jesus Christ Superstar - yung broadway version not the movie starring ted neely, yvonne elliman, yung negrong judas - carl anderson's the name I think ...he died last year. I still know the lyrics of that album. Yvonne Elliman was the only cast member from the broadway musical that have reprised the role of Magdalene in the movie version. I love her rendition "Don't know how to love him" and the "try not to get worried, try not to get unto problems that upset you oh...everythings alright ..." Yvonne Elliman sang one song in SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER, another 70s film.

pakidagdag na lang hindi ko na maalala yung iba....

Barry Mannilow

As Sure as I'm Standing Here

Mandy

Sandra

Lovin You by Minnie Ripperton

The Way We Were /Try to Remember and Neither One of Us by Gladys Knight and the Pips

Siempre lahat ng sweet songs ng Stylistics Becha By Golly Wow

Looking Through the Eyes of Love - Maureen McGovern?

Pareng storm, “Looking Through the Eyes of Love” was sung by Melissa Manchester, love theme from the movie ICE CASTLE, theme song naming kasi ng dating girlfriend ko yan hehehehe. Maureen McGovern sang the theme song from the movie TOWERING INFERNO – “we may never love like this again”

Another Barry Manilow song – “trying to get that feeling again” theme song naman ng aking other girlfriend nuon hehehehehe

The way we were - barbra streisand from the movie of the same title with robert redford.

Minnie Ripperton's loving you was her one and only song that have top the charts tapos namatay na agad si minnie ripperton

steve austin, a man barely alive. gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology. we can make him the world's first BIONIC MAN. we can make him better than he was before. BETTER< STRONGER< FASTER ! (theme plays)

once upon a time there were 3 girls who graduated from the police academy. they were each assigned very hazardous duties (clip shows the girls doing traffic, paperwork, etc.). but I took them away from all that and now they work for me. My name is Charlie (theme plays)

TANG TARANG TANG, MY SON MY SON, QUE HORROR - Pugo, Bentot, Patsy, Millie Mercado, Tange - The precursor of the Filiino family sitcom.

BIG IKES HAPPENING - The late Ike Lozada's variety show

APAT NA SIKAT - Was this an afternoon show? I remember LALA AUNOR BOYET ORCA, JINGLE, ARNOLD GAMBOA appearing in this teen hormone fest...

SEEING STARS with JQ - Carmen Patena, Toingco Brothers and Ato the Blind Pianist were regular guests. Sandard gift to guests were ekart bags and seiko wallets.

isama mo na ang LEGO toys, immortalized in the Tisoy komiks strip as LESGO toys

channel 7

monday - mekanda robot -jimmy orion

tuesday - daimos - richard hartford

wednesday - mazinger z - koji kabuto

thursday - ufo robot grendaizer - brick janssen

friday - voltes five - alam nyo na

channel 9

monday - forgot but has a robot named jackalman

tuesday - balatack -

wednesday -

thursday - danguard ace -

friday -

I'm not aware that Maricar Zaldariagga got married to any of the Sorianos. I know for a fact that Carlos (?) married the former model Menchu Menchaca, who was a cousin of a former boss, and I'm sure iba din yung napangasawa ni Andy Jr. - not Maricar...

baka isa sa mga ayala or zobel...speaking of menchu menchaca, ganda niya in her prime as a model

STRAW DOGS with Dustin Hoffman and the sexy Susan George who was also a stuff of my wet dreams nuon. I remember palagi kong inaabangan sa late night itong STRAW DOGS because sometimes pinapakita ng walang cut and you can catch Susan George's boobs while she was being raped by these Scottish thugs hehehe...

bods, ok yung avatar mo. yan ba ang latest pix from the bulls in pamplona? if i recall correctly, there is a scene in strawdogs where susan george or dustin throws a kettle of boiling water to one of the thugs as he peeps sa window...

Inumpisahan mo Pareng Sally so dagdag na lang ako

Sandra

You're Still a Young man and Sparkling in the Sand by Tower of Power

Great Day by Friends of Distinction

Lovin You by Minnie Ripperton

Frankie Valli

The Trouble with Hello is Goodbye, Waiting for Love, Bridges by Sergio Mendez and Brazil 77

Love is Stronger Far Than We

sandra...reminds me of someone from stcqc...

ronnie dyson - i think i'll tell her

spinners - could it be i'm fallin' in love

tower of power - great band, specially the horn section

friends of distinction - grazing in the grass, ain't no woman

minnie riperton - never existed before

-sayang siya, she had a great future as a jazz vocalist

frankie valli - also sang swear to god

isley brothers - highways of my life; another of my most favorite song is harvest for the world

flora purim - bridges, angels

sergio mendes and brazil 66 - never tire listening to their songs (one note samba, mais que nada, so many stars, like a lover)

ester saterfield - sang love is greater far than we accompanied by chuck mangione

keep them comin'...

mga 70s boys, napanuod ko yung ALL TOGETHER NOW kagabi.

THE SENSATIONS - TV (circa 1971-72) show, directed by Tony Santos Sr., mga casts na loveteam sina Perla Adea and Romy Mallari,

SUPER LAFF-IN - TV gag show (circa 1971-72 din)directed by Rolly de leon,

HARDY BOYS (circa 1977-78) starring Shawn Cassidy

SUPERSTAR - channel 9, nora aunor and german moreno. kasikatan ng JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR nuon hence the name SUPERSTAR taken by nora aunor hehehehe. I still have the LP album Jesus Christ Superstar - yung broadway version not the movie starring ted neely, yvonne elliman, yung negrong judas - carl anderson's the name I think ...he died last year. I still know the lyrics of that album. Yvonne Elliman was the only cast member from the broadway musical that have reprised the role of Magdalene in the movie version. I love her rendition "Don't know how to love him" and the "try not to get worried, try not to get unto problems that upset you oh...everythings alright ..." Yvonne Elliman sang one song in SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER, another 70s film.

pre, if i can't have you ang title ng song ni yvonne elliman that you are referring to

some of the names i remember are the ff: doyet ilagan, rhodora silva, mildred ortega, manny de leon, eddie peregrina, millie mercado

di ba si ed finlan hosted an afternoon show called nine-teeners?

siyempre, dapat banggitin ang oras ng ligaya with oscar obligacion, doro de los ojos, vic pacia, sylvia la torre

sa super laff-in, i recall sina ramon zamora (tama ba? medyo kahawig niya ni bruce lee at ang galing niya mag german), mitch valdez, june keithley, jean jasmin

partner ni shawn cassidy sa hardy boys si parker stevenson (asawa ni kirsty alley)

I remember a toy that I had....SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN (10 inch) FIGURE with a hole at the back of the head of an exact likeness of lee majors, kapag sumilip ka makikita mo mga magnified image as seen by Austin's bionic eye. kay lindsay wagner naman bionic hearing hehehehe. ano nga ba pangalan ng character ni lee majors? austin lang maalala ko, dito yata kinuha ni mike myers para sa kanyang austin powers character eh.

Steve Austin yata :P

The Mike Myers' Austin Powers character I think is a parody of all those British secret agents - like James Bond and Roger Moore's The Saint character....

THE SENSATIONS - TV (circa 1971-72) show, directed by Tony Santos Sr., mga casts na loveteam sina Perla Adea and Romy Mallari, Vilma Santos and Bobot Mortiz, sina Darius Razon, Tony Santos Jr. (yung baklang anak ng director)....baka maalala nyo pa yung iba hindi ko na maalala yung iba

Ang ka-loveteam ni Darius Razon was Geraldine. I remember the company driver of my father used to drive for Darius back then and kuwento nya palagi daw nyang hinahatid sa mga motel sina Darius at Geraldine :P Funny but Darius now owns several girlie bars in the Boni area which we used to frequent. He manages to sit with us every so often and get this - Darius is definitely gay :D

SUPER LAFF-IN - TV gag show (circa 1971-72 din)directed by Rolly de leon, bata pa si Joey de Leon dito at mahaba ang buhok kamukha siya ni DAVID CASSIDY, kasama din sina TANGE sa cast na ito, mildred ortega at yung unano na si MAURICIO (hindi yung Maureen mauricio na bold star). ang logo panga nila was a hand doing a peace sign with sexy legs...kinuha nila yung logo na iyon from a movie M.A.S.H (1970) (Donald Sutherland, Elliot Gould) iba pa yang MASH TV series starring Alan Alda.

Ramon Zamora was a mainstay of this show. This is where he popularized his ISPRAKENHAYT German SS Officer character and his Bruce Lee parodies :P

the other great Broadway hit musical-turned-movies back then were HAIR and GODSPELL.

Yvonne Elliman I think was half-Filipina........

bods, ok yung avatar mo. yan ba ang latest pix from the bulls in pamplona? if i recall correctly, there is a scene in strawdogs where susan george or dustin throws a kettle of boiling water to one of the thugs as he peeps sa window...

yeah pare. July 7-14 is the Feastday of San Fermin in Pamplona and of course one of the highlights is the Annual Running of the Bulls. I read that 4 people were seriously injured now and a total of 10 were brought to the hospital with various injuries :D Pare, what say all of us 70's guys go to Pamplona and run with the bulls hahaha....it's been a dream of mine, and of course we can all run with whatever Spanish beauties we can find out there :D

The theme of STRAW DOGS was how a normally quiet and non-violent man copes with violence and horror. Dustin's character was a quiet and reclusive man who goes on a honeymoon, I think, to the Scottish Highlands with his ravishing wife, Susan George, and there he is exposed to ugly events, including the rape of his wife. The film turns violent towards the end as Dustin takes matters into his own hands. Sam Peckinpah directs and this explains the movie's violent leanings, Peckinpah after all directed that classic homage to gore - THE WILD BUNCH.

Pareng storm, “Looking Through the Eyes of Love” was sung by Melissa Manchester, love theme from the movie ICE CASTLE, theme song naming kasi ng dating girlfriend ko yan hehehehe. Maureen McGovern sang the theme song from the movie TOWERING INFERNO – “we may never love like this again”

Another Barry Manilow song – “trying to get that feeling again” theme song naman ng aking other girlfriend nuon hehehehehe

The way we were - barbra streisand from the movie of the same title with robert redford.

Minnie Ripperton's loving you was her one and only song that have top the charts tapos namatay na agad si minnie ripperton

Thanks for the correction bro.

Memorable din sa akin yan kasi favorite nung gf ko nung 1979. We watched that movie also :wub: Songs din namin noon ay yung Moment by Moment by Yvonne Elliman. Tapos yung Reunited kasi nagkabalikan kami pero hindi rin nagtagal.

Si Maureen McGovern nga pala yung singer na lagi ring nasamovie singing the theme song. Another one is Morning After from The Posiedon Adventure.

Mas gusto namin yung version ni Gladys Knight kaysa kay Barbra.

Yung Off my Cloud at saka yung I Got Caught dancung Again by the Hues Corp was also very memorable kasi yun ang magkasunod na sweet song nang sinagot ako ng first gf ko sa high school (2nd year).

Yung gf ko naman nung 1975 e mahilig kay John Denver. Panay kanta sa akin ng "You filled up my senses....

Nung kasikatan ni Barry mannilow ay panahon din ng kabangisan ko sa chicks.:P

Pero yung song na memorable sa akin dahil sa iyon ang tugtog nang sinagot ako ng naging kumander ko ay Heaven Must be Missing an Angel. :lol: We were on the dance floor and I was making a heart sign while dancing. She gave me a nod and we embraced. Heaven talaga. :wub:

yeah pare. July 7-14 is the Feastday of San Fermin in Pamplona and of course one of the highlights is the Annual Running of the Bulls. I read that 4 people were seriously injured now and a total of 10 were brought to the hospital with various injuries :D Pare, what say all of us 70's guys go to Pamplona and run with the bulls hahaha....it's been a dream of mine, and of course we can all run with whatever Spanish beauties we can find out there :D

We can never outrun the bulls bro. Pass ako jan sa bulls pero kung Spanish beauties panay pa siguro ang dapa ko para siguradong maabutan :D

We can never outrun the bulls bro. Pass ako jan sa bulls pero kung Spanish beauties panay pa siguro ang dapa ko para siguradong maabutan :D

hahaha that's putting it correctly, pare. At our age, ospital ang bagsak natin :P

As for the senoritas, well, wala sigurong age limit ang paghabol dun hehehe

Edited by bods1000