Always Follow Your Heart ( Daw. )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before you can grow up, you must fall in love 3 times.

Once you must fall in love with your best friend, ruining your friendship forever.

This will teach you who your true friends are, and the fine line between friendship and more.

Once you must fall in love with someone you believe to be perfect.

You will learn that no one is perfect, and that you should never be treated as any less than you deserve.

And once you must fall in love with someone that is exactly like you.

This will teach you about who you are, and who you want to be.

And when you¡¯re through with all that, you learn that the people who care about you the most are the ones that you hurt, and the ones that hurt you are the ones that you needed the most.

But most of all, you learn that love is only a concept and is not something that can be defined; it is different to each person that experiences it. And you will learn to respect each and every person on this earth, knowing that everyone only wants to be loved.

i just read this somewhere and well.... somehow i agree... :)

sharing sharing... :) hmmm i fall inlove with my bestfriend... kaso it didnt work.. siado madaming naging conflicts.. and marami akong bagay na alam about sa kanya and vice versa. masyado ko siang kilala to the point na alam ko it wont work... :) but still we are still friends kaya lang parang nagkaron ng invisible wall... though we both decide to stop. ewan nagkaron na talaga ng gap unlike before... but it's ok... kasi may natutunan naman kami both...

then next i fall in love with someone i believe to be perfect. him. mr. e ( client ) i admire him sobra. kulang nalang sambahin ko sia. to the point na minsan kahit alam kong i dont deserve the pain kasi its too much na. pilit pa rin akong gumagawa ng excuse for him sa mga ginagawa nia. as in lahat ng gawin nia sobrang hinahangaan ko. kahit at the back of my mind alam kong mali na.. maybe thats the very reason why di ako makamove on before kasi iniisip kong perfect sia... but then i realize na maybe lahat lahat illusion ko lang.. imagination ko lang. yeah he is a great man. but he is not perfect because nobody is perfect...

then lastly, now. i fall inlove with someone like me.. everytime i look at him.. nakikita ko yung sarili ko. every time i listen to him it was like im listening to myself. ang cute lang parang im seeing myself, the man version of me. same thinking. same kilos. same way of loving. minsan iniisip ko pa lang then sasabihin na nya. gagawin ko pa lang, ginagawa na nia. the sad part is he is broken. much way broken than me. and i find it really scary. kasi im finding it really hard to fix myself to be able to give my best.. pano pa kaya sia...? he is way more broken than me.. i cant imagine how nia ififix yung broken heart nia. we are both in the wrong places. both in the wrong time.. both in the phase of destruction. both with a tragic past. can we help each other put our missing pieces together..? or we will just gonna waste our time?

Before you can grow up, you must fall in love 3 times.

Once you must fall in love with your best friend, ruining your friendship forever.

This will teach you who your true friends are, and the fine line between friendship and more.

Once you must fall in love with someone you believe to be perfect.

You will learn that no one is perfect, and that you should never be treated as any less than you deserve.

And once you must fall in love with someone that is exactly like you.

This will teach you about who you are, and who you want to be.

And when you¡¯re through with all that, you learn that the people who care about you the most are the ones that you hurt, and the ones that hurt you are the ones that you needed the most.

But most of all, you learn that love is only a concept and is not something that can be defined; it is different to each person that experiences it. And you will learn to respect each and every person on this earth, knowing that everyone only wants to be loved.

then lastly, now. i fall inlove with someone like me.. everytime i look at him.. nakikita ko yung sarili ko. every time i listen to him it was like im listening to myself. ang cute lang parang im seeing myself, the man version of me. same thinking. same kilos. same way of loving. minsan iniisip ko pa lang then sasabihin na nya. gagawin ko pa lang, ginagawa na nia. the sad part is he is broken. much way broken than me. and i find it really scary. kasi im finding it really hard to fix myself to be able to give my best.. pano pa kaya sia...? he is way more broken than me.. i cant imagine how nia ififix yung broken heart nia. we are both in the wrong places. both in the wrong time.. both in the phase of destruction. both with a tragic past. can we help each other put our missing pieces together..? or we will just gonna waste our time?

Maybe the question po is,

are you both willing to try?

Use both. Kaya meron tayo both heart and brain kasi meant sila magkasundo. Mahirap pag sila ang naging magkalaban.

Follow your heart, but be guided by your brain. Do what makes you happy, but practice self-restraint. Find inner peace in moderation.

When you only follow one - either your heart or your brain, usually it's the liver that suffers. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In my opinion, it will never work out well if you go to either extremes: all heart or all mind won't cut it. Instead, you use a combination of both. But it's not always split in the middle too, the proportions are different depending on the circumstances. And what makes it all interesting is it's all up to you.

Let's try a simple example: Why do you think people wear designer stuff? Because people follow their heart. Somebody has a liking for Tag so he gets to buy a Formula 1 even though a Casio that has got more features costs at least 1/10th. However, he still put some of his mind because he did not go for a Grand Carrera.

In matters of love though, I would say always start with the heart, and then balance it off and temper it with some reason. The way I see it, the foundation of "forever" is true love. Relationships that cool down or even end after some time are perhaps a result of putting more weight on logic rather than feelimgs in the beginning. If the foundation is true and unrequiting love, both of you will always find ways to keep the spark, and you will always have fun doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a logical person, I over analyze. I'm practical. But as cliché as it sounds, I'd say follow your heart. When it comes to matters of the heart, isn’t it best to use your heart?

I think "always" is what's wrong in that sentence. Coz there are situations, no question about it, you know what to do.

Dozens of people followed their mind before and still got heartbroken. And its the heart that usually "move" people. It's the usual conflict with the mind. You'd know what has to be done and how to do it, but until you have the heart (the desire) to do it, you can't move.. you won't move..

And ever get that feeling that you wanted something else or something more, like something's missing but you don't know what or why? You can't explain it, you just feel it.

I'm not saying use it 100% of the time. Just my bias since I never want to use the word regret (hopefully ever) again.

but hey, don't take my word for it :D