On 9/6/2021 at 10:40 PM, MTC said:

If it's a question of how much effect, the answer depends on what topic. In politics, the newspapers who manifested themselves online have very little effect. Look at Manilatimes. Well written articles, but getting very low readership. People see their intentions clearly, advertising Bong Go and too pro-government. They've managed to annoy most readers, now nobody's reading them. Everyday their content is about Bong Go and the Dutertes.

ABS CBN is obviously yellow. Everyday they have a Leni Robredo article.

How does the media affect people? Minimal. It's Google AI we should be keeping our eyes on. 🙂 

Manila Times articles are indeed well written. Low readership? I doubt it. It depends on which target audience you're referring to. I read the digital on-line version of Manila Times. I would expect the international readers would, too.

Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well obviously there can be bias in reporting. Check how fox v. Cnn can report same story in different ways

However, any high level news channel still has a fact that they put context too. So up to us to see the fact for what it is and discern for ourselves. Yung mahirap pag yung mga random jologs na videos or posts na wala naman sources. I'll take the former anyday

If you have cable TV, you can get different versions of the news from different angles. China news agencies present the same event from the point of view of the Chinese Pulitburo. CNN present it from the American liberal POV, Fox present it from conservative POV. European news agencies like BBC, France 24, Deutch Wells (Germany), TASS (Russia) present the same events differently based on their own government's perspectives.
So to get a balanced view, try to get the news from multiple sources. 

14 hours ago, anima.odie said:

He who controls the media, controls the people..

The Social Media is a great equalizer especially here in the Philippines which has the highest viewership in social media.

The oligarchs have been in control of the major mainstream media in the Philippines. Mainstream media like ABS-CBN and Inquirer, have been used to shape the opinion of the public against political personalities who dare go against the interests of oligarchs.

Mainstream media influence is not that effective anymore. Social media provides an alternative forum to counter the oligarch-controlled mainstream media.

Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 4 months later...

agree mga boss...ipagdasal ang pilipinas... at tayo namn na GM ay paligayahin ang mga theras dito ;)  tulungan ika nag, bayanihan...ung kanta nga ng scorpions:

I saw the morning
It was shattered by a gun
Heard a scream, saw him fall, no one cried
I saw a mother
She was praying for her son
Bring him back, let him live, don't let him die
Do you ever ask yourself
Is there a Heaven in the sky
Why can't we get it right
Cause we all live under the same sun
We all walk under the same moon
Then why, why can't we live as one

I saw the evening
Fading shadows one by one
We watch the lamb, lay down to the sacrifice
I saw the children
The children of the sun
How they wept, how they bled, how they died
Do you ever ask yourself
Is there a Heaven in the sky
Why can't we stop the fight
Sometimes I think I'm going mad
We're loosing all we had and no one seems to care
But in my heart it doesn't change
We've got to rearrange and bring our world some love
And does it really matter
If there's a heaven up above
We sure could use some love
Cause we all live under the same sky
We all look up at the same stars
Then why, tell me why can't we live as one

Edited by SAGITTARIAN
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, courtesanhunter said:

nakakatakot sa panahon ngayon ang alternative media na kinikilala ng maraming mga tao. mostly from social media sites lang. nakakatakot yung mga nagdidiscredit sa mainstream media at gumagawa lang ng mga fake content.

comrades the alternative news sites pander or customize their content to appeal to its readers. (Hindi gaya ng ibang mainstream media ( rappler / inquirer /abs cbn /gma ) which follow the strict rules/ ethics  of journalism .)  So they can freely post half truths and outright lies most of which are taken as the TRUTH by most Filipinos. Paano nga ba nanalo si Marcis Junior kung hindi dahil dito ?

For certain media like SMNI, Manila Times , People's Journal look at their ownership structure . The Villars bought the TV frequency of ABS CBN and they are known allies of Marcis Junior. So you know to expect.

Edited by FF
  • 1 month later...
On 5/16/2022 at 12:36 PM, FF said:

comrades the alternative news sites pander or customize their content to appeal to its readers. (Hindi gaya ng ibang mainstream media ( rappler / inquirer /abs cbn /gma ) which follow the strict rules/ ethics  of journalism .)  So they can freely post half truths and outright lies most of which are taken as the TRUTH by most Filipinos. Paano nga ba nanalo si Marcis Junior kung hindi dahil dito ?

For certain media like SMNI, Manila Times , People's Journal look at their ownership structure . The Villars bought the TV frequency of ABS CBN and they are known allies of Marcis Junior. So you know to expect.

nagreply na din ako sir. wala na kasi akong masagutan na thread maliban sa games.

i'm particularly concerned kung paanong kiniclaim ng mga tao na bias ang report kahit na kitang kita at dinig naman sa interview ang kagagawan ng isang tao. kumbaga may mga tao na bulag kahit na nakikita na nila mismo yung pangyayari. pero i guess ang totoong nakakatakot ay yung viewer o reader. sila kasi ang may interpretation. base sa observation ko sa social media wala naman talagang factor kung edukado man ang tao o hindi. basta may mga tao na pinaniniwalaan lang yung mga gusto nilang paniwalaan kahit pa mali na iyon.

6 minutes ago, courtesanhunter said:

nagreply na din ako sir. wala na kasi akong masagutan na thread maliban sa games.

i'm particularly concerned kung paanong kiniclaim ng mga tao na bias ang report kahit na kitang kita at dinig naman sa interview ang kagagawan ng isang tao. kumbaga may mga tao na bulag kahit na nakikita na nila mismo yung pangyayari. pero i guess ang totoong nakakatakot ay yung viewer o reader. sila kasi ang may interpretation. base sa observation ko sa social media wala naman talagang factor kung edukado man ang tao o hindi. basta may mga tao na pinaniniwalaan lang yung mga gusto nilang paniwalaan kahit pa mali na iyon.

This is a very good observation. 

On 5/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, Dondi09 said:

Media manipulates the news. Controlling the mindset of the people. Can be biased, showing only one side of the coin.

This happens and people no longer listen to news. Or they ignore the false alarms drawn for a long experience of poor predictions. 

Aaaaaand the latest fake news being spread by the rat-brained Marcos minions is: The Manila International Airport (presently the Ninoy Aquino International Airport) was built by Narcos Sr. When did that thief steal the presidency, 1965 right?

[url]https://www.miaa.gov.ph/index.php/about-miaa/history-of-miaa[/url]

HISTORY OF MIAA

A Brief History of the Agency

The country's premiere airport was originally a US Air Force base until 1948, when it was turned over to the Philippine government's National Airport Corporation. The fledgling civil aviation airport's facilities were nothing more than the current domestic runway and a small building as its only passenger terminal.

With the abolition of National Airport Corporation in 1951, ownership and management of the airport fell to the Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA) under the Department of Commerce & Industry. In 1956, the CAA was transferred to the Department of Public Works, Transportation & Communications.

The first thirteen years of the airport were marked by the building of infrastructure dedicated to international flights. The international runway and associated taxiway were built in 1953, and 1961 saw the completion of a control tower and a terminal building for the exclusive use of international passengers at the southwest intersection of the runways. This system came to be officially known as the Manila International Airport (MIA).

• 1 month later...

Lol Brainwashing ba kamo? Nothing did that better than social media. Nakikita nyo ba yun mga lowlife na puro Duterte Marcos na lang laman ng social media nila na umaabot na sa puntong parang sinasamba na nila si Tatay Digong? Dalawa lang gagawa nun, may bayad (trolls) o may sayad (Fanatics). Biro mo, walang picture ng travel, ng family, ng friends, puro Duterte Duterte Duterte lang. Maski sa panty ng mga yan hindi bulaklak nakalagay kundi litrato ni Bongbong, Duterte, o ni Inday.

Tignan nyo si Chao Yumol, naulol na, na parang aso. Doktor pa yan ha. Pano pa kaya yun mga talagang squatter at kakalam kalam tyan na panatiko. 

• Winner! (+1) 1