Falling In Love But Not Getting Horny, Not Wanting Or Having Sex

Staying platonic is not equivalent to not being sexually attracted to the person. We just set this aside for logical reasons. I believe that getting intimate should be a gradual process. I also respect the concept of sex before marriage or delaying it for very meaningful reasons we seem to fail to realize or notice.

More often than not, we and I myself included, overlook the beauty of the getting to know stage. This is not the getting to know your partner's vital statistics stage. This is not a stage where you see if your partner's nipples are pinkish or your guy's gifted. This is a stage when we get to know the person out of the bed. I believe this is where we establish respect as we take control of our self and get hold of our urges.

Etc, etc. etc.

I just recently discovered that you can fall in love with a woman and that this would not cross my mind. What i noticed was i was initially attracted to her personality. Then i fell for her quirks. The physical attraction came last. She is by no means average,to say the least. i just didnt notice her as a romantic interest before. Ive decided that if i would indeed pursue a relationship with her, i wouldnt put the sex cards on the table just yet. I value her and respect her too much. Also i wouldnt want to complicate things cause it was one of the causes why my previous relationship went awry.

• Downvote 5
  • 3 weeks later...

The parameters for what these sorts of relationships consist of is incredibly wide, as some asexual romantic partners enjoy kissing and other kinds of sexual foreplay, while others do not. Cuddling and other forms of affectionate touch are often extremely important, as many asexual individuals use it as a way to express their affection and love for their romantic partner. Romantic relationships may or may not include affectionate touch between the partners, and the same can be said for platonic relationships. Some relationships are between best friends who want to spend the rest of their lives together. Some are between people who have fallen in love. Just as we’re all different, so every relationship is different, and there is no right or wrong way to be in a relationship with an asexual person.

• 8 months later...

Sa palagay ko pag mahal mo talaga ang isang tao, maeexperience mo to. Pero as for me, with my current gf, at first di ko rin talaga siya naisipan ng kahit anong malisya. Until after several dates and talks, naubusan na siguro kami ng topics kaya eventually napagusapan ang sex. at ayun. dun na nagsimula.. hehe

I'm from another generation than most of you guys here. And I've noticed that Sex is not that important to most women nowadays and they can do without it. They don't even enjoy doing it. Is this the norm now?

I just recently got separated and just started to circulate. It's easier to get laid but the experience mostly is left wanting.

What do u guys think? Women a generation ago is a lot better than now?

when you get attracted physically, we men, tend to think about sex as well.

but it doesn't mean we disrepect the girl already. at least in our mind, we think about it but we don't say it out loud to the woman that we want sex with her right away.

falling in love, due to having a lot of common interests, aspirations, and principles, are only a part of falling in love.

i guess, when you get to fall for the person and have this respect for her opinions, then it comes deeper meaning of love between partners.

imagine when you get older, or your partner got sick and can't perform sexual deed and you still care for him/her without thinking about your own sexual need. if any person could accept that, then you are genuinely in love.

on the other hand, if i'm always turned down to have sex because of any unacceptable reasons, then i guess my partner doesn't love me back and it's time for me to move on and say goodbye.

just think of the difference between key ingredient and main ingredient, then i'd say sex is a main ingredient in love, but not a key ingredient. go figure about my analyzation ;)

• 5 months later...

kung babae, posible. lalake? probable, but nearly unlikely.

i could see it though, especially if the guy has a medical condition and he cant perform. or maybe he's kinda gay? he likes the girl as a partner, pero cant see himself having sex with her.

most christians reserve themselves until they get married. pero that ends on the night of the honeymoon. :D

pero as a girl, wouldnt you be offended if the guy doesnt want to sleep with you? doesnt that make you think there's something wrong with you? that your unf#&kable? pardon my french :P

when you fall in love sex takes a back seat and in front would be companionship. the problem is that there are no back seat in my car so both will take the front seat. meaning sex will share a seat with companionship or whatever is important to you, but sex will always be there unless your too old na.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally, I think the purest form of love is metaphysical, it goes beyond what can be seen or touched. It can only be felt by the heart.

I've had my share of lusts many many times in the past. I can have sex with many women, but can only fall in love with a very few.

I won't mix love and sex in their purest form, at least it's hard to have pure love and think of sex, nor think of pure sex and fall in love.

Just my own view. :)

I think it is still possible for a couple to be in love and not have sex. Rare, but possible. It doesn't mean though, that one or both are not being driven crazy by horniness.

It's just a question of opportunity and how sexually active their couple-friends are.

• 2 weeks later...

Its like water and oil for me, meron mga girls that I use to love hindi dahil labg s lust but pure intentions, meanwhile there are girls that are just for satisfying each of our needs. Well it would be better if both kudos to relationships lile that. Pure love mix with satisfying sexual needs but I opt not to have. Haha mas enjoy ko pa in my age.

• 1 month later...

been there... many times...

in the end, sabi ko, sayang...

yun pala yung gusto nila, na wag ko tuparin ang pangako ko na hindi ko sila gagalawin hanggat di pa kami kasal... and one of the reason bakit lagi ako kinakaliwa ng babae...

kung alam lang nila kung gano kahirap mag-control ng sarili...

Edited by orionfist

why is it not the same for both?

If it's just companionship, wouldn't a friend suffice?

I suppose it could be the same for both.

Had one like this for a looong period. Maybe there were simply too many things we enjoyed doing together other than sex. We enjoyed exploring each other's personalities, and how we react given certain situations. And it was definitely the most memorable relationship I've ever had. It grew me. And I will forever be thankful that I experienced it.

But had it continued, sex would've been inevitable. Then again, sex would be a small part of the relationship, I bet.

There are certain limits to friendships. Nowadays, sex isn't even one of those. Hence, the term, f#&k friends.

Bottom line, it was a privilege to love and be loved that purely.

Unbelievable that I could care that much, and would be cared for equally at least.

It's quite hard to understand. By some things are better off a mystery. A beautiful mystery, at that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...