Mma Vs Boxing

dragonei

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hardcore Boxing - the sweet science is still the best (especially when it's all out brawl - see Gatti vs Ward, McLellan vs Jackson, Corales vs Castillo, Pacquiao vs Marquez IV and many many more), I just hate the politics - lots of f#&kin belts and lots of different promoter - however when they are all on the same page - just spectacular.

MMA fighters are like fags hugging each other on the ground

Hardcore Boxing - the sweet science is still the best (especially when it's all out brawl - see Gatti vs Ward, McLellan vs Jackson, Corales vs Castillo, Pacquiao vs Marquez IV and many many more), I just hate the politics - lots of f#&kin belts and lots of different promoter - however when they are all on the same page - just spectacular.

MMA fighters are like fags hugging each other on the ground

Unfortunately, hugging is an integral part of the game for MMA. Some guys take it a bit too far and score 10-9 rounds just by pressure grappling their opponent. Perfect example is Demian Maia who is boring as hell but effective in stifling his opponent without landing any heavy shots.

I am not aware of any rules on how long 2 grown men can keep on making love on the floor. I have seen refs reset fights to a stand up but there are no concrete rules on these situations.

I must agree with you that boxers, even when fighting with their most primal instincts still show some finesse and athleticism. Not like MMA guys who look like large teenagers fighting over the last piece of pizza when they start brawling. Just look back at Jardine and Griffin.

MMA is more exciting! Boxing is dead due to politics and money matters.

There is no politics in MMA, there is only Dana White and the UFC. The UFC has monopolized the business and their business model sucks.

They would rather promote clowns than real fighters. They will sacrifice an entire weight division because of this and that pathetic reason.

Yeah, there is no politics in MMA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

sa Boxing na lang ako. mas safe kasi yung mga participants dahil sa mga gear at rules. sa Mixed Martial Arts kasi sakitan talaga ang laban pero hindi din naman pwedeng ilabas yung buong potensyal. ibig kong sabihin mas makikita sana ang full capacity ng estilo ng isang fighter kung hindi pipigilan o lilimitahan yung intensyon niya na makapanakit o makapatay ng kanyang kalaban.

The sheer elegance of the moves in boxing makes it the king of martial arts. MMA is a recent concept, whose current direction for development I'm not so sure I like. As a ring sport it is very realistic. It trains competitors like hell. Trouble is watching an MMA bout is downright boring. I'd rather watch a sumo match.