Nakita ko din to. Pero medyo sketchy daw sa area na yan. Nag stay ako dati las casitas yata. Okay yung room affordable

uh=oh. Hahaha!!!!! reserved na ang booking ko diyan. surprisingly, i got the cheapest room. the receptionist told me that it was the only one available.

So, going around Davao City near the City Hall area on an early Sunday and Monday morning, where do you suggest? are the nearby parks any good?

Nakita ko din to. Pero medyo sketchy daw sa area na yan. Nag stay ako dati las casitas yata. Okay yung room affordable

Got back from Davao. Area where i stayed is okay. Old downtown. Stuck in that lovely hotel the entire time. No complaints at all. Bahay ni Tuding's a two thumbs up place.

Will try to find a way to return and have just one day to do sightseeing. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Up lang po.

Any suggestion from the Davaoeños if i only have a day to roam the city?

I saw a food tour and museums, i was thinking they, and band watching at Matina Town Square will do.

Tanggap ko nang di ko makikita si Bogart the Explorer. Hehe

Where did you see food tour?

Yes, would like to join. Any idea how much they charge and what time?

Here's some data that I found out about the food tour:

Me;s Food Tour FB Page

Mel's Food Tour Website

DESCRIPTION

JOINERS WELCOME!!!

This is a 6-stop, 5 1/2 hour tour covering breakfast, lunch and coffee in different neighborhoods that are centrally located. The 1st stop is the market to get some freshly cut pineapples from Davao's Pineapple Samurai. Be amazed at the art of slicing pineapples in less than 30 seconds from complete fruit to chunks! This is followed by Kinutil breakfast, a chocolate drink laced with tuba (coconut toddy). After breakfast, there will be time to drift along the flower stalls to inspect, haggle and buy some local flowers. After all, Davao has a cutflower industry exporting orchids and other ornamentals which is highlighted annually by the Kadayawan Festival. The tour aims to bring greater depth to the experience of the tourist who wants to know more about Davao than just its usual attractions and sights. This is about savoring and licking the goodness that Davao produces.

RATE

1 pax - Php 2250

2 pax - Php 1500/pax

3 pax - Php 1380/pax

4+ pax - Php 1200/pax

INCLUSIONS:

jeepney ride to Bankerohan Public Market

native bag (bayong) to carry fruits

one bottled water

fresh sliced pineapples

breakfast consisting of drink and sticky rice cooked in coconut milk (puto maya)

lunch consisting of rice, grilled Tuna collar (grilled tuna), veggie stew (law-uy) and raw fish (kinilaw) - drinks not included

Durian Frappuccino or Local Artisan Ice Cream

cheese tasting - optional, at the Malagos Gardens, for groups of 6 or more Php 300/person extra

HOW TO GET TO MEL'S DAVAO FOOD TOUR

NOTE - meeting place for the tour is at Bahay ni Tuding Inn and Resto. The hotel is NOT visible from San Pedro Street. There is a driveway beside Mercury Drug. Take that driveway and the hotel is neatly tucked inside a private compound

from the airport by cab - less than P200, 30 mins

from the airport by jeep - take the jeep with the sign "Landmark" and ask to be dropped-off at Rizal St. corner Ponciano St., P15, 45 mins. Walk in the direction of City Hall, turn right on San Pedro St.

from the Ecoland Bus Terminal by jeep - take the jeep with the sign "Magallanes" and ask to be dropped-off at Claveria St. corner San Pedro St., P8, 15 mins. Walk in the direction of Jollibee until you reach Mercury Drug. Take the driveway.

from the pier by cab less than P200, 30 mins

from the city - board a jeep with the signboard "San Pedro" and ask the driver to drop you off at Mercury Drug, ~P8/pax

Here's some data that I found out about the food tour:

Me;s Food Tour FB Page

Mel's Food Tour Website

DESCRIPTION

JOINERS WELCOME!!!

This is a 6-stop, 5 1/2 hour tour covering breakfast, lunch and coffee in different neighborhoods that are centrally located. The 1st stop is the market to get some freshly cut pineapples from Davao's Pineapple Samurai. Be amazed at the art of slicing pineapples in less than 30 seconds from complete fruit to chunks! This is followed by Kinutil breakfast, a chocolate drink laced with tuba (coconut toddy). After breakfast, there will be time to drift along the flower stalls to inspect, haggle and buy some local flowers. After all, Davao has a cutflower industry exporting orchids and other ornamentals which is highlighted annually by the Kadayawan Festival. The tour aims to bring greater depth to the experience of the tourist who wants to know more about Davao than just its usual attractions and sights. This is about savoring and licking the goodness that Davao produces.

RATE

1 pax - Php 2250

2 pax - Php 1500/pax

3 pax - Php 1380/pax

4+ pax - Php 1200/pax

INCLUSIONS:

jeepney ride to Bankerohan Public Market

native bag (bayong) to carry fruits

one bottled water

fresh sliced pineapples

breakfast consisting of drink and sticky rice cooked in coconut milk (puto maya)

lunch consisting of rice, grilled Tuna collar (grilled tuna), veggie stew (law-uy) and raw fish (kinilaw) - drinks not included

Durian Frappuccino or Local Artisan Ice Cream

cheese tasting - optional, at the Malagos Gardens, for groups of 6 or more Php 300/person extra

HOW TO GET TO MEL'S DAVAO FOOD TOUR

NOTE - meeting place for the tour is at Bahay ni Tuding Inn and Resto. The hotel is NOT visible from San Pedro Street. There is a driveway beside Mercury Drug. Take that driveway and the hotel is neatly tucked inside a private compound

from the airport by cab - less than P200, 30 mins

from the airport by jeep - take the jeep with the sign "Landmark" and ask to be dropped-off at Rizal St. corner Ponciano St., P15, 45 mins. Walk in the direction of City Hall, turn right on San Pedro St.

from the Ecoland Bus Terminal by jeep - take the jeep with the sign "Magallanes" and ask to be dropped-off at Claveria St. corner San Pedro St., P8, 15 mins. Walk in the direction of Jollibee until you reach Mercury Drug. Take the driveway.

from the pier by cab less than P200, 30 mins

from the city - board a jeep with the signboard "San Pedro" and ask the driver to drop you off at Mercury Drug, ~P8/pax

Oops, 1 person only :unsure: Any idea start from what time?

Try to get others join.

Edited by Hikiren