Currently staying at Pinnacle Hotel Davao. I think the room I'm staying is at P2,800? I'm in the new/additional floor so it kinda smell wood. (atleast not paint or varnish.) Location is good. its near to the places I need to go to, like Chinatown, G-mall, Robinsons Abreeza, I can move around and ride this little jeepney. Its far from the airport, zip line sites, croc farm, Matina and SM Davao. Going to and from the places i mentioned will cost around P150 for a cab. Breakfast buffet is okay since I'm not the "i-must-eat-breakfast" type. Wifi access is only available at the lobby. Swimming pool is on the 5th flr. walang nagsswimming pag morning.

p.s. Sarap sa Luz Kinilaw.

Thanks for your FR Master

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Value for money in Hotels, I'd say Casa Leticia or Ponce Suites, both are good places in the center of the city, neither of which will break the bank as far as the budget goes, clean and good service for both places.

Pretty much my major complaint in my trip here is that most of the city is non-smoking now, talk about being prejudiced to the minority.

artwise, ponce suites will suit art lovers too! try including people's park in your itinerary.

Hi S14. Do you mean a place (hotel, inn, apartelle) in Davao mainland or another beach resort that is near Pearl Farm?

if you stay in pearl farm then that's all you'll get: pearl farm --- sunbathe in your skimpiest water attire, eat exotic foods, play beach games, etc. low season: P 4.5k plus. high season: P 6.8k plus. and those rates apply only to 1 person per day.

in my pov, first-timers shouldn't stay at samal island to see more of the city attractions

if it's your first trip to davao and you want to see more of the city, i suggest you buy an EZ map and locate a hotel/inn near the center. after all, most attractions are scattered in all directions in davao. i stayed at roadway inn because of its proximity to abreeza ayala mall, which i prefer to sm davao. P 1,155 a night for me and my 2 teenage kids. the place is decent, downstairs canteen is open 6am to 10pm.

go to sm davao only for 1 reason: buy davao shirts at kultura, plenty of good to great shirt designs. the rest of sm can be seen at manila sm's.

shirts and accessories with eagle designs are only available in the eagle center. however, i didn't like any of the shirt designs, i decided to buy simple eagle keychains instead.

Edited by remoteworld
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...