• 2 weeks later...

lots of places to stay, depende sa budget and location you want.

high end prices are:

Marco Polo

Waterfront

Apo View

dami din business inns like

tower inn

casa leticia (nice small hotel, in front of apo view)

humberto's

casitas

casa havana

lispher inn

meron din mga bed and breakfast type of accomodation

viajeros

white mansion

we r inn

etc...as long as its not the peak season, its easy to get a room.

peak season is usually kadayawan (august) and last quarter of the year....

• 2 weeks later...

Davao I always stay sa Apo View...Room rate around 3-4k

Really good food, good ambiance, some rooms parang luma na but the single rooms are above ok...

I also tried Grand Regal once, the breakfast buffet is so-so... the rooms ayos lang but not that nice...rates at 2,500k

Stayed once din sa Marco Polo but VERY VERY expensive, though I love the buffet...room rates, you'll shell out 5k up, depende kung may mga corporate rate kau or not...

Places to go:

1. 183 bar for some really good clubbing time best time is 12mm to 2am

2. Jack's Ridge - nice during the night, although better magpareserve muna to get good seats

3. E-Vibe...pag hindi pa siya ganoon kapuno, young crowd

4. Yung mga gimikan sa Torres street, ice cold beer and a lot of hotties

5. Siyempre the Aquarium bar, kung gusto mo makapili ng bargirl, be there around before ten pm, but the party really starts 11pm onwards

6. For Nature lovers try the Eden Park, Crocodile Park, Eagle Sanctuary

7. Ok din yung kainan sa tabing dagat...i forgot the name, Josephine? whatever,,,pinapaluto lang yung food...sarap ng inihaw na tuna, sobrang mura pa

8. Tsuru for some really good Japanese food, Antonio's ok din for lunch...

9.. Of course, Pearl Farm...

10. Madalas punta din ako sa Gaisano Mall, dami dun toys na wala na sa Manila eh, mura pa...

that's my share...

• 1 month later...
Davao I always stay sa Apo View...Room rate around 3-4k

Really good food, good ambiance, some rooms parang luma na but the single rooms are above ok...

I also tried Grand Regal once, the breakfast buffet is so-so... the rooms ayos lang but not that nice...rates at 2,500k

Stayed once din sa Marco Polo but VERY VERY expensive, though I love the buffet...room rates, you'll shell out 5k up, depende kung may mga corporate rate kau or not...

Places to go:

1. 183 bar for some really good clubbing time best time is 12mm to 2am

2. Jack's Ridge - nice during the night, although better magpareserve muna to get good seats

3. E-Vibe...pag hindi pa siya ganoon kapuno, young crowd

4. Yung mga gimikan sa Torres street, ice cold beer and a lot of hotties

5. Siyempre the Aquarium bar, kung gusto mo makapili ng bargirl, be there around before ten pm, but the party really starts 11pm onwards

6. For Nature lovers try the Eden Park, Crocodile Park, Eagle Sanctuary

7. Ok din yung kainan sa tabing dagat...i forgot the name, Josephine? whatever,,,pinapaluto lang yung food...sarap ng inihaw na tuna, sobrang mura pa

8. Tsuru for some really good Japanese food, Antonio's ok din for lunch...

9.. Of course, Pearl Farm...

10. Madalas punta din ako sa Gaisano Mall, dami dun toys na wala na sa Manila eh, mura pa...

that's my share...

very informative! :thumbsupsmiley:

went to davao last "long weekend"... and i must say its a very nice city... food is cheap compared to manila!haha

there's an exhibition in the crocodile sanctuary... no harness, the guy will cross the tightrope, below are hungry crocs...

the only thing that will save him from being eaten is the m-16 rifle of the security guard...

Was able to stay in Waterfront. Nice rooms. Nice environment. Accomodating and efficient staff but the food sucks, unfortunately. Try exploring food outside, you wont be disappointed. I also tried Myhotel sorry but I forgot the street its located but its right smack in the middle of downtown. Nice hotel for the price. 1K single bed/night. Rooms are all new, electronic locks, spacious and the bed is comfortable. Food there is cheap.

For the nightlife, went to plaza roman. Complete line up on the type of fun you wanna have. Strip club, massage parlor and a club thats sort of a coyote ugly type where girls dance on tables (ledges) but they dont take their clothes off. Clean fun is their game. But of course you can still "table" the girl of your choice. Also check out the night life in Torres St. Known for their ice cold beers and fine looking people. Heheheheehe! Thanks!

I have mixed reactions on Pearl Farm.

Food is simply great. BUffet. No repeated meals except for breakfast. Even the desserts are different for every meal.

Service is so-so. There was a day when we waited for towels for about 2 hours. Imagine a resort without towels!

And the Spa, one of worst experiences we have had. May be it was the time but management should have discouraged us from having one at 1030pm. The attendants were so sleepy ( and probably so tired) that they simply lacked the energy. Sorry, but the massage really sucked. Sayang ambiance.

The best experience was the romantic dinner at the floating hut/restaurant. You romantics should try it!

we were in davao last week. its a clean and peaceful place. lots of good looking ladies/girls. checked in at the Tower Inn at Quirino st. may 50% off sila sa rates for september. Its a block away from gaisano south so eating out is not a problem. Only problem with davao city is the strict no smoking ordinance. e, chain smoker pa naman ako. So patago parati pausok ko. hirap yata uminom ng di umuusok. btw, its a great city. babalik uli ako doon para matigil ko na sigarilyo ko he, he, he.

DAVAO, is my place to be..

night life: i havent updated but nightlife is fun in Davao. not to mention t'was safest place in the Philippines. pwedeng mag bar hopping sa Venue and Matina Time Square and have espresso at Blugre, tapos inuman na naman..

daylight: malling.. have SM City Davao and Gaisano Mall is my fave malls. Eden is fun, beach are the greatest in Island Garden City of Samal ( which we have to ride a lantsa from Davao City to Samal Island)

government: i salute all the officials... lalo na Mayor Rodrigo "Digong" Duterte.. I love this mayor...sold out ako sa service!!!

• 1 month later...

Marco Polo is not as big as I thought it would be. Food is cheap, people are great. Passed on the trip to Eden (too tired from the planned activities). Stayed for two days at Samal (where hubby bought lots of pearls for me and the women in his life - our moms). Loved our stay but it was bitin. Loved the stuff they have so much that we ended up going home na excess baggage. Amoy durian/marang ngayon sa house! :sick:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i love traveling here in davao, cheap delicious food there are exotic fishes to try in "shoot to k*ll" like yung pinagbabawal na MAMENG, stone fish and others. Lechon in Davao is cheap and has the same rosting style from that in cebu around 4 hours. sa hotels naman you can't go wrong with the following:

Marco Polo - most luxurious in Davao city, The buffet is good

Waterfront - 2nd best to Marco polo but the location is a bit far from the limelight. Food is good

Grand Regal - almost good as Marco and Waterfront but with a a very affordable price range. Buffet needs a lot of improvement though

Crown Regency - its like living in melrose place, very nice, i would prefer living here for life (ive heard there is also an in house MP here with ES), food is good with a fifties decade theme, private videoke bar, gym

For nightlife naman:

Bakbak at torres where everybody is, cheap and the coldest beer in the world

autoshop - hmmm... gone are the days

Matina town square - a bit far from where most of the action is

Rizal Promenade - only at 12 midnight where it begins to start its momentum

• 2 weeks later...

Value for money in Hotels, I'd say Casa Leticia or Ponce Suites, both are good places in the center of the city, neither of which will break the bank as far as the budget goes, clean and good service for both places.

Pretty much my major complaint in my trip here is that most of the city is non-smoking now, talk about being prejudiced to the minority.