Motorcycles and Scooters

• 4 weeks later...

Dear All,

The heated seat and lumbar support on the passenger seat is not working and the dealer does not think its a fuse. The driver seat is working fine.

Also can anyone suggest a good VW dealer for servicing and upgrade work in the London area?

Im relatively new here and dont know much about cars so any advice would be most appreciated.

many thanks,

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Honda Rebel is a good Beginner Bike. Its the Training bike in the US. As for the Vulcan S i think its a 650cc engine like the same engine on kawasaki ninja 650. also a good bike.

personally i prefer European bikes as they have more character for me. Japanese bikes are nice bikes with more power & affordable price. He won't get wrong on either bikes.

Normally if the dealer has late models bikes like 2019 models on stock they usually sell it on a discounted price. you can get the late model for a bargain. the newer version does not really have a big upgrade.

So my friend went for the rebel 500 and just a few months after and sold it. Nabitin daw siya sa power and hindi daw pala para sa kanya ang cruiser. Now, naka cb650r siya. I'm waiting for him to upgrade para ako kumuha. For short commutes hirap gamitin ng z1000. Parang kotse lumaklak.

Honda Rebel is a good Beginner Bike. Its the Training bike in the US. As for the Vulcan S i think its a 650cc engine like the same engine on kawasaki ninja 650. also a good bike.

personally i prefer European bikes as they have more character for me. Japanese bikes are nice bikes with more power & affordable price. He won't get wrong on either bikes.

Normally if the dealer has late models bikes like 2019 models on stock they usually sell it on a discounted price. you can get the late model for a bargain. the newer version does not really have a big upgrade.

So my friend went for the rebel 500 and just a few months after and sold it. Nabitin daw siya sa power and hindi daw pala para sa kanya ang cruiser. Now, naka cb650r siya. I'm waiting for him to upgrade para ako kumuha. For short commutes hirap gamitin ng z1000. Parang kotse lumaklak.

any motorcycle riders here??? wats ur ride? helmet? jacket? any recommended place?

ride : dio2 modified 65cc ( sold it na eh..) hopefully soon R6 or CBR600f4i

helmet : Suomy ( troy corser )

jacket : spidi

any motogp fans here??? u think ducati will be able to finish in the top 5??? how about kawasaki??? will ROssi be able to defend his title??? will Max Biaggi be able to steal the crown??? hmm... this year would be the year......

i still think Mick Doohan is the best.......

Marami kaming motorcycle riders dito.

A lot of Female riders rode on Honda Rebel 500. CB650R is a great bike also. Light & Nimble. lalo na pag nag palit ng Akrapovic Exhaust tangalin yun Silencer ang ganda ng tunog ng 4 Cylinder.

• 7 months later...

Started with a Yamaha SRX 400, owned that bike for 10 yrs. very reliable ang super low maintenance, sold it kasi ayaw ko ma-hassle to transfer ownership to my name, then i got Royel Enfield Bullet Trials 500 looks like a classic bike, with modern features syempre, more than a year pa lang sa akin, so far good naman performance

Thinking of getting another bike by the end of this year, Yamaha Tracer 900, getting ready for very long rides when things get better

My life on a motorcycle:

- started with a Piaggio Hexagon

- upgraded to enter the expressway and owned several Honda CB400 Super 4s

- a series of Honda CBR 600s:  a Hornet 600 F1, the F2, and the F4i

- then onto the liter bike Fireblade(s)

When my back and my wrist began to hurt, and the riding became more civilized, I went upright and had a series of touring and adventure bikes:

- a Ducati Monster S4R

- an Aprilia Futura and Caponord

- a KTM 690

- a BMW GS1200, a GS800 Adventure, and lastly a GS1200 Adventure

Then I got married and gave up on riding --- happy wife, happy life

• Like (+1) 1
  • Winner! (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
On 8/29/2021 at 3:32 PM, SLEX Runner said:

My life on a motorcycle:

- started with a Piaggio Hexagon

- upgraded to enter the expressway and owned several Honda CB400 Super 4s

- a series of Honda CBR 600s:  a Hornet 600 F1, the F2, and the F4i

- then onto the liter bike Fireblade(s)

When my back and my wrist began to hurt, and the riding became more civilized, I went upright and had a series of touring and adventure bikes:

- a Ducati Monster S4R

- an Aprilia Futura and Caponord

- a KTM 690

- a BMW GS1200, a GS800 Adventure, and lastly a GS1200 Adventure

Then I got married and gave up on riding --- happy wife, happy life

Correct!  

At a certain point in time you have to think about your passengers safety, about not getting wet, about sleeping in comfortable seats and airconditioned and quiet interior.

Edited by johnlove
On 8/30/2021 at 6:49 PM, johnlove said:

Correct!  

At a certain point in time you have to think about your passengers safety, about not getting wet, about sleeping in comfortable seats and airconditioned and quiet interior.

Wife is in health care and has participated in the OT of many trauma cases involving motorcycle accidents. I tried the "if it's your time, it's your time" spiel but the doctor in her didn't buy it.  C'est la vie .. she reciprocated with the cars I now drive, though nothing beats the riding high on a motorcyle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Winner! (+1) 1