Career Choices: Money Or Passion?

• 2 weeks later...

Ryt now i have a high pay job as an office engineer, my passion as an engineer is to work in fieldwork which means the hands on job where you can develop your technical skills and follow a different career path, ryt now im trap in office with all the paperworks and calculations. im still young and single and pursuing my passion in work means to resign from my present job and apply in other companies and receive a small salary, problem is my parents wouldn't want me to find another job..

Im still doing my best to my present job and my situation ryt now is getting difficult, is anyone out there in the same or hav been in this situation? it would be nice if you share your opinion. i belong to a middle class family.

nagtatrabaho ako ng patayan ng tatlong taon. narealize ko rin, hindi ito ang gusto ko sa buhay ko.

nakaipon naman ako ng malaki, pero kung bibigyan ako ng choice, id rather have my 3 years back, work 8 to 5 (or 9 to 6) and have a stable relationship with someone special. as right now, im stuck by my lonesome. pursuing my passion would make me feel better about myself.

in short, money really cant buy happiness. never think that you can get back something that has been lost for good. quarterlife crisis talaga.

ps. ayun andaming nakarealize nito sa amin. di ko binibilang ang mga ka opis kong umalis sa kompanya namin. baka sumunod na rin ako very soon. :D

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I'd like to say Money, because it's what I need. I really don't see the point for working for something I can't contribute to passionately. But, you see, passion progresses. Passions lead to more passions. I just learned that I liked photography and now, I'm using my passion of graphic arts to gfind the money to get into photography.

Though, some may care to argue that passion can be saved for later, it also wanes. One day, it's this, in a few years it's that. My passion for special effects is still there, but given the circumstances, I'm not as hot for it as saving up for my camera.