Headphones

• 4 months later...
Fit should be your first concern especially if you're looking for earphones or IEMs (in-ear monitors). It's more of an issue with IEMs because if you can't get a good fit and seal, they won't sound their best.

Sadly there's no such thing as a "standard" ear. For the longest time I've avoided earphones because I know they never fit in my ears properly without pain.

The new IEMs are making me think differently though. I managed to fit demo units of the Shure E2c and E4c and they fit me very well! They're VERY expensive though...the cheapest of the line (E2c) costs PhP4500, and the price climbs to a peak of PhP14500 :(

Agree there on fit for IEMs. Prices have come down a bit i think since this post. I had a pair of Shure E2C and fit was ok so very effective at blocking out sounds. Lost them!

Tried out the Bose noise cancelling phones at the store and WoW! Of course the price is also Wow!

IN MY 15 YEARS OF BUYING ALL SORTS OF HEADPHONES, SONY IS THE BEST WHEN IT COMES TO DEEP BASS AND OVERALL SOUND REPRODUCTION. HECK EVEN THEIR CHEAPEST IN-EAR-TYPE HEADPHONES HASS BETTER BASS THAN THOSE SUPPOSEDLY BASS ENHANCING HEADPHONES FROM PHILIPS!

GENERAL TIP: AVOID CHEAP HP'S WITH THIN WIRES AND OBSCURE NAMES, THEY SOUND LIKE CANS(TUNOG-LATA)

BIG BRANDS TO AVOID: PHILIPS, CREATIVE, PANASONIC...

IN MY 15 YEARS OF BUYING ALL SORTS OF HEADPHONES, SONY IS THE BEST WHEN IT COMES TO DEEP BASS AND OVERALL SOUND REPRODUCTION. HECK EVEN THEIR CHEAPEST IN-EAR-TYPE HEADPHONES HASS BETTER BASS THAN THOSE SUPPOSEDLY BASS ENHANCING HEADPHONES FROM PHILIPS!

GENERAL TIP: AVOID CHEAP HP'S WITH THIN WIRES AND OBSCURE NAMES, THEY SOUND LIKE CANS(TUNOG-LATA)

BIG BRANDS TO AVOID: PHILIPS, CREATIVE, PANASONIC...

Sir meron po bang bluetooth headset ang sony, yung magandang quality ng sound? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Sir meron po bang bluetooth headset ang sony, yung magandang quality ng sound? Thanks.

I would agree : however kung sa Bluetooth Headsets ang pinag uusapan

ang dream headset ko is the JawBone bluetooth with noise cancelling

As for Headsets, its still a stand-Off with me between Sony MDRs and the Sennheisers

headsets...going back to bluetooth, Sadly, the only good bluetooth in the Market here are Nokia and JabraWala yung mga magaganda. Thats okay too because mga Bluetooth hindi

masyado secure; madali ka ma hello Garci... there should be a thread

here on how to secure blue tooth communcations. Since any BT receiver

can get hacked and fixed up to receive and record your communications

Edited by sleep_heavy
Hello guys, any leads on where I can get Creative earphones? Could you also give me an idea of the price range I'll be looking at there? The earphones bundled with my Zen finally gave up the ghost and I'd like to get a replacement pair. :)

Thanks in advance! :)

kindly try third floor GateWay Araneta center on the CD record shop

Near the Book Store... I saw one of those there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got this Bose TriPort headphones for my birthday not too long ago. They're plenty comfortable, and sound quality is right where it should be for a pair of $160 headphones. Though I would've gotten a noise-canceling Sony MDR-NC60 if I was given cash! Still, I can't complain. Build quality seems to be a lot better now than the previous generation (over ear) TriPort which was notorious for cracking/breaking.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s163/JoeStash/IMG_0528.jpg

Edited by fry
I got this Bose TriPort headphones for my birthday not too long ago. They're plenty comfortable, and sound quality is right where it should be for a pair of $160 headphones. Though I would've gotten a noise-canceling Sony MDR-NC60 if I was given cash! Still, I can't complain. Build quality seems to be a lot better now than the previous generation (over ear) TriPort which was notorious for cracking/breaking.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s163/JoeStash/IMG_0528.jpg

am planning to buy this one too.. cost 8,900Php at PowerMac Center..

anyways any recommendations on other brands i should consider before i shell out for this headset?

don't want to buy earplugs due to some long-term hearing effects :wacko:

am planning to buy this one too.. cost 8,900Php at PowerMac Center..

anyways any recommendations on other brands i should consider before i shell out for this headset?

don't want to buy earplugs due to some long-term hearing effects :wacko:

The Sennheiser PXC 300 [LINK] is pretty good too, about the same price as the TriPort. I was able to try a pair out at a store, and its noise cancelling capability is comparable to that of the much more expensive Bose QC headphones. The TriPort isn't noise cancelling, but it does a good job at isolating background noise even at moderate volume.

Edited by fry