Lasik Surgery

brentley

15 hours ago, 9610472 said:

We need to evaluate whether your color blindness is acquired or congenital. If you are indeed color blind, then LASIK will not be the solution to restore your color vision. You may see objects clearly after LASiK however, you may still have color deficiency. In this case, I won't offer you LASIK since the optimum benefit of the procedure can not be achieved. Hope I was able to shed some light po.

salamat sa info.

• Like (+1) 1

Before lasik Fv=10 after lasik Fv=7 pala.. jp_m-bata.gif.118bb49b8c3b2525db797f029814f5b1.gif

just kidding guys.. haha... I think I need lasik in the future.. I'm still 20/20 vision.. I can still read everything. except fine print especially on a poor lit environment.. pag tanghaling tapat nababasa naman fine print.

• Haha (+1) 1
On 11/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, hinmanila said:

pwede ba isang mata lang?

Sabay po ginagawa. For special cases gaya ng sobrang taas ng grado ng isang mata kumpara po sa isang mata. But di po say mandalas na ginagawa. Kailan makita po ng Doctor nyo po if tanging LASIK lang ang paraan para bumaba yun grade ng mata. 

On 11/10/2021 at 11:52 AM, khantan said:

Did the doctor ask you to take gingko biloba for the glaucoma?

It is considered as a food supplement not a cure for glaucoma. So far, there is no cure in glaucoma, we can only prevent it from happening.  Early detection is a must in preventing glaucoma po. Thank you.  

• Winner! (+1) 1
1 hour ago, 9610472 said:

It is considered as a food supplement not a cure for glaucoma. So far, there is no cure in glaucoma, we can only prevent it from happening.  Early detection is a must in preventing glaucoma po. Thank you.  

My cousin has glaucoma in one eye, and he took gingko as supplement.  Although he doesn't see any improvement, he notice a slight improvement in the other eye.  I also tried it, after 2 months I noticed a reduction of 'floaters'.  Now, after 6 months, I almost don't see then anymore.

6 minutes ago, khantan said:

My cousin has glaucoma in one eye, and he took gingko as supplement.  Although he doesn't see any improvement, he notice a slight improvement in the other eye.  I also tried it, after 2 months I noticed a reduction of 'floaters'.  Now, after 6 months, I almost don't see then anymore.

Hi , in any gingko biloba supplement, they would put " No therapeutic claims " in the box. It means that it has  not intend to cure the disease or prevent it's progression. Floaters and glaucoma are two different entities. It would be better to have your eyes checked to verify if you truly have floaters or not. Floaters usually come and go after quite some time. Your gingko biloba intake might not contribute to the disappearance of your "floaters". What occur is purely by chance and if it truly effective then it should be repeatable. The effect should be consistent among all patients with the same prolife as you po. Hope this might be of help po.

• Winner! (+1) 1
19 minutes ago, 9610472 said:

Hi , in any gingko biloba supplement, they would put " No therapeutic claims " in the box. It means that it has  not intend to cure the disease or prevent it's progression. Floaters and glaucoma are two different entities. It would be better to have your eyes checked to verify if you truly have floaters or not. Floaters usually come and go after quite some time. Your gingko biloba intake might not contribute to the disappearance of your "floaters". What occur is purely by chance and if it truly effective then it should be repeatable. The effect should be consistent among all patients with the same prolife as you po. Hope this might be of help po.

Or probably due to lack of sleep.  I also notice that the more sleep I have, the less is the occurrence of floaters.  I initially visited an ophthalmologist but I freak out after he recommended a procedure.  Then visited my cousin who has glaucoma and I tried one of his supplements  - gingko biloba!

On 11/20/2021 at 6:34 PM, SisidHooray said:

is there a certain age range wherein lasik is still viable?

Hello good day, there is no age limit when it comes to performing LASIK procedure per se. However, in order to full utilize your investment, we advise the patient to undergo the procedure once the patient reaches 18 years old with a stable refraction for at least 3 months. An eye evaluation is also needed in order to determine if the patient is qualified. Thank you. 

In elderly patients, they may opt for another procedure instead of LASIK since the corneal thickness is thinner compared to a younger patients.

Hope this might be of help. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 12:58 AM, mochafrappe1 said:

I availed this and one of the best decision I made in my life. Wish I got it sooner. My eye grade before surgery was 550/650

Great to hear. I'm looking to push through with this procedure next month. Just had my assessment a few days ago. How are your eyes recovering? 

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, I was taken to the ER because while working at home, I felt a sudden eye pain like as if an insect got stuck in my eye. I tried to look for it, wash it and do the cold compress, apparently, it didn't work.

I went to Medical City and was assisted immediately. Upon checking out what was happening, the only issue was my eyes was dry or they said I have a Dry Eye Syndrome. 

What's weird is that, it was too sudden. I was advised to buy a lubricant and that's it. 

I have been putting the prescribed lubricant eye drop but the pain is still the same till now.

Should I go back or when will the pain be eased?

20220922_001357.jpg

3 hours ago, theoneandonlymistressmia said:

Yesterday, I was taken to the ER because while working at home, I felt a sudden eye pain like as if an insect got stuck in my eye. I tried to look for it, wash it and do the cold compress, apparently, it didn't work.

I went to Medical City and was assisted immediately. Upon checking out what was happening, the only issue was my eyes was dry or they said I have a Dry Eye Syndrome. 

What's weird is that, it was too sudden. I was advised to buy a lubricant and that's it. 

I have been putting the prescribed lubricant eye drop but the pain is still the same till now.

Should I go back or when will the pain be eased?

20220922_001357.jpg

Hi madam, take a lot of rest, try to avoid gadgets for now to prevent eye strain, try to sleep a lot. Hoping you'll get well the soonest. Take care