Your Favorite Basketball Position?

Eddy Syet

Calling all basketball enthusiasts out there! (I know there are millions of you) :blush:

We've all got our favorite local and international basketball heroes. But I want to hear from you right now is... What is your favorite position in basketball? I'm talking about the 1-2-3-4-5's guys! I noticed that most of the time, our basketball idols symbolize who we want to be or where we want to be IF we ourselves by stroke of talent or luck happen to be a PBA or an NBA player. :evil: Do you love the pass-first-shoot-later coolness of court generals (POINT GUARDS)? The shoot-first-ask-later mentality of the 2-guys (SHOOTING GUARDS)? The I-Can-Do-It-All aura of the wingmen (SMALL FORWARDS)? The get-outta-my-way barreling assault of the scavengers (POWER FORWARDS)? Or do you love the "not-in-my-house" attitude of the pivotmen (CENTERS)? Pray, tell us.

Tall guys who play in the frontcourt tend to idolize the likes of Shaq, KG or Tim Duncan as much as players who just love to stuff the ball into the basket from afar or by penetration idolizes Kobe, T-Mac, or the legendary Michael (I don't have to type his surname, right?).

So what position do you play? Or better yet, what's your fave position? :P

I'll start: :headsetsmiley:

My favorite position is the number 1 position in a coach's board. The point guard. One, because I always end up getting this position when I'm playing basketball. Two, because I have the "pass-first" mentality. Three, because I'm a team-player. And four, because I believe the point guard (basketball's equivalent to NFL's quarterbacks) is the most important player in a basketball team. That's why I grew up idolizing players who are giants in the assists department. From the days of Magic Johnson, John Stockton, Jason Kidd and now - Steve Nash!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

back in hs, i play the Sg position and sometimes, if im in the mood in switch to PG.

but my f#&king coach put me in the 4 position because he said im pretty tall

WTF! im only 5'10 1/2 and he calls that tall!

:D That normally happens! :) But I admire tall players who can "stop down." :upside:

kuwatro...

6'2 1/2, 230 lbs....built like a tank....

grew up trying to play like Sir Charles ( I have this soft spot for undersized power forwards) and The Mailman....

Love playing inside...offensive rebounds..buhat, buhat....but can also handle the rock on the break or on a dribble drive...pero sarap talaga ng banggaan sa loob..prefer to bang with bigger players....nung medyo bata pa ako..hanggang 6'5" siguro, di pa ako maiilang masyado sa loob...nung naglakihan na mga bata, nag develop na ako ng outside shooting...he he he he...

Edited by brawler201

Point guard kasi marami kang pedeng gawin. Pde mong i set up yung pace ng offense nyo (Run n gun or half court set). Pde mo rin i set ung offense nyo (Set up ung big man for Post ups, pde mo rin set up ung shooters, Pde kang mag drive para ma break down ang defense para mag dish sa loob or kick out sa shooters). Pde mong patayin ang zone sa running game or outside shooting. Pag malas ang teamm8s mo pde kang magtake charge sa offense. Pick and roll ang pinaka basic na play provided may outside shooting ka at kaya mong mag slash. Mas madali pa ang transition from point guard to other positions kasi kung magaling kang point guard dapat jack of all trades ka.

kuwatro...

6'2 1/2, 230 lbs....built like a tank....

grew up trying to play like Sir Charles ( I have this soft spot for undersized power forwards) and The Mailman....

Love playing inside...offensive rebounds..buhat, buhat....but can also handle the rock on the break or on a dribble drive...pero sarap talaga ng banggaan sa loob..prefer to bang with bigger players....nung medyo bata pa ako..hanggang 6'5" siguro, di pa ako maiilang masyado sa loob...nung naglakihan na mga bata, nag develop na ako ng outside shooting...he he he he...

UuYy.. Pareho tayo ng idol na PF! HeHe! :evil: I admire players who like to bang it up inside. Me? I have the guts but sadly not the body. HeHe! Hinahasa ko na lang ang siko ko! :P

like the pf position which i used to play...but height does really matter not only built...

like to bang bodies inside the paint e..

but since height really is a factor im now playing 2 or 3 but not the typical scorer ..

rather play big time defense and leave the offensive side of my teammates

also my position creates opportunities for scroing specially during crunch time...

Players with you mentality are valuable. Kasi nga players who are willing to take the role of a "role-player" are hard to find. Players who are after the WIN first and individual glory second. Di ba naman, umiskor ka nga ng say, 30 points, pero talo naman kayo? Wala rin di ba? :evil: