best road I can suggest is by taking Halsema highway [highest highway in the country in terms of elevation] from baguio to sagada, last holy I was there, it would take you six hours drive. 3 hours concrete road and the other half is rough road, i dunno lang kung naayos na.

di ko makalimutan sa sagada dun sa stopover namen, inulam namen bulalo, pag ka lagay palang sa mesa may sebo na. hehehe

best road I can suggest is by taking Halsema highway [highest highway in the country in terms of elevation] from baguio to sagada, last holy I was there, it would take you six hours drive. 3 hours concrete road and the other half is rough road, i dunno lang kung naayos na.

di ko makalimutan sa sagada dun sa stopover namen, inulam namen bulalo, pag ka lagay palang sa mesa may sebo na. hehehe

How rough is rough? Okay lang kasi if it's not concrete, basta hindi lang malalim yung mga "craters," sasayad kasi talaga pag sedan ka. What car did you use in going there?

So lumalabas nga, 5 hours to Baguio, then another 6 hours to Sagada is approaching 12 hours na nga as previously mentioned.

How rough is rough? Okay lang kasi if it's not concrete, basta hindi lang malalim yung mga "craters," sasayad kasi talaga pag sedan ka. What car did you use in going there?

So lumalabas nga, 5 hours to Baguio, then another 6 hours to Sagada is approaching 12 hours na nga as previously mentioned.

rough road sya pero maayos naman, di naman malalaki ung craters. Naka van kame dat time.

tama almost 12hours nga from manila to sagada. advise ko lang, wag pumunta dun pag holidays, kasi nagiging city ang sagada, daming tao. haba ng pila sa yoghurt house kasi sarap ng food dun. :D

rough road sya pero maayos naman, di naman malalaki ung craters. Naka van kame dat time.

tama almost 12hours nga from manila to sagada. advise ko lang, wag pumunta dun pag holidays, kasi nagiging city ang sagada, daming tao. haba ng pila sa yoghurt house kasi sarap ng food dun. :D

Thanks for the response, darkhorse. So puwede naman pala sedan given hindi naman malalaki yung craters. Takot ko lang kasi kakayurin ang underchassis ng car ng madalas, baka may masira dun.

12 hours...so ibig kaya sabihin ubos ang full tank mo pagdating mo dun? Feeling ko one would have to budget at least 4 days for a vacation trip here para hindi bitin/sayang ang effort.

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys. just wanna ask how much would it cost me if i travel/commute to sagada alone? im planning to go there for some soul searching :) is 5k enough for a 3 days & 2 nights stay?

5k is enough already for 3D2N trip, mura lang kasi dun ung mga rooms. last year 150/head/night. Ung food dun 100+ per meal.

we're going there this holy week!!! can't wait!!! :)

goodluck. we were there last year's holy week, sobrang daming tao.

tapos kung magcaving kayo, traffic pababa at paakyat.

wag kaligtaang kumain sa YOGHURT house, at mahaba din pila d2. hehehe

5k is enough already for 3D2N trip, mura lang kasi dun ung mga rooms. last year 150/head/night. Ung food dun 100+ per meal.

goodluck. we were there last year's holy week, sobrang daming tao.

tapos kung magcaving kayo, traffic pababa at paakyat.

wag kaligtaang kumain sa YOGHURT house, at mahaba din pila d2. hehehe

mga repapips how to you get there by bus??? info naman??? planning to go next mos.

mga repapips how to you get there by bus??? info naman??? planning to go next mos.

in front of St. Lukes medical center along E. rodriguez, there is this busline that fares to bontoc..Cabletours. then from bontoc just take a jeepney ride to sagada for 40pesos. . last time i went there (nov2007) the fare was about 600pesos. not sure if its still there, heard they got shut down for legal reasons.

next option is to get a bus to baguio, then another bus ride from there to sagada. don't know the terminal though (I haven't tried the baguio route yet).

goodluck and have a happy trip! :D

2 routes lang alam ko

manila-baguio-sagada

from baguio, sakay ka taxi papuntang LIZARDO bus terminal, nasa may DANGWA terminal, direct to sagada na yun

manila-banaue-sagada

sakay ka ng AUTOBUS d2 sa may espanya, bound to BANAUE, from banaue, jeep to sagada

maganda d2 kasi makikita mo pa ung banaue rice terraces

happy trip!

in front of St. Lukes medical center along E. rodriguez, there is this busline that fares to bontoc..Cabletours. then from bontoc just take a jeepney ride to sagada for 40pesos. . last time i went there (nov2007) the fare was about 600pesos. not sure if its still there, heard they got shut down for legal reasons.

meron din pala direct bontoc d2 sa manila. last time punta namen, dahil wala ng bus derecho baguio nagjeep muna kame pa bontoc dahil may direct baguio na dun.

Edited by dark_horse
mga tsong thank you last question whats the estimate travel time?

no prob dude

manila-baguio-sagada

6 hours manila to baguio

6 hours baguio to sagada [3 hours concrete road/ 3 hours rough road]

maganda din d2 sa route na eto dadaan kau ng Halsema Hway, the highest hway in terms of elevation, may highest point pa yun. :D

manila-banaue-sagada

10-11 hours manila to banaue

1 hour banaue to sagada

no prob dude

manila-baguio-sagada

6 hours manila to baguio

maganda din d2 sa route na eto dadaan kau ng Halsema Hway, the highest hway in terms of elevation, may highest point pa yun. :D

manila-banaue-sagada

1 hour banaue to sagada

another question... which route is much faster mla.. baguio.. sagada or the mla... banaue... sagada via cabanatuan side

no prob dude

manila-baguio-sagada

6 hours manila to baguio

manila-banaue-sagada

1 hour banaue to sagada

Tsong, IMHO, matagtag ang baguio route to Sagada. Kung gahol kayo sa oras or kung gusto nyong lakwatsa agad pagdating dun, take Cabletours. Mas smooth ang byahe. :-D

• 3 weeks later...

road lest travel

mla. to banaue (450.00) Florida bus depart mla 11:00 pm arrive banaue 6:00am

you can check in at various inn bedspace around 250.00- 400.00 depending on accomodation

Banaue to sagada (250.00) jeepnay 3 - 4 hours ride

you can also check in at various inn bedspace around 250.00- 500.00 depending on accomodation

the sight to see is enormous there are the different rice terraces in various sizes from banaue up to sagada... if your the brave at heart you can ride topload... up on the jeepney rooftop... not advisable to the faint of heart.... the ride can be bumpy as more than 50% of travel from banaue to sagada are unpave road (don"t bring your car) if you have SUV/AUV or any type of four while drive of workhorse vehicle you can bring them... the sight are amazing... although more than 50% of the surrounding mountain are of secondary forest growth the vistas are still worth the trip... weather is colder then baguio so bring out your jackets and be prepare for cold breeze specially upon reaching mount polis which is the highest peak along the banaue bontoc hiway...

Sagada.....don't leave without exploring "dripping wet caves" .lol.

Go for the cave connection ....and get ur picture taken with the sweetest and wettest rock formation...u maybe ever will see

they call her the "preggy lady"..(last rock before heading out)...

I will not spoil it by posting the pic.

enjoy the dark and slippery wet cave (p.s. really not a cave for the faint hearted)

Dan

"life is journey, travel it"