Whats Your Current Car?

I drive one of those fully loaded '98 Mazda B2500 multivalve diesel pickups, the last model to come out before Ford came up with the Ranger series. Modified the suspension settings, alignment and the engine calibration a bit to suit my taste (all engineers just love to tinker), and now its just so sweet zooming up and down Edsa at the dead of night, right over the big bumps, overtaking everyone on sight without a second thought, at 120km/h...while sipping cheap diesel fuel. Dang, so much bang for buck.

For offroad and long distance trips to North Luzon, Sagada, Bontoc, Balweg, Baler, the likes, I rely on a tough and battered 1996 4X4 Kia Ceres, with heavily modifed tires, suspensions, shocks, and rims. Stock engine, but it comes equipped with a snorkel for the really deepwater stuff, and very powerful brakes so handy in gut wrenchingly steep slopes. With a load limit of 2500 lbs, it is just right for those remote expeditions. It is not much to look at (though also loaded with a decent aircon and sounds), it won't get me the girls (except the crazy types).

But it gets me anywhere, as in anywhere. 45 degree slopes. 7000 foot mountains. Watermelon sized rocks along the trail. Two feet deep mud. Hip deep rivers. Edsa potholes...

Dream Cars: An E-class Mercedes, preferrably the turbo diesel version. Top speed in excess of 240 km/h...on the same diesel you load into the humble keepney. 50,000 Km mileage, and it aint even broken in. 500,000 km life between major maintenance. This is detail engineering at its finest.

And the Land Rover Discovery, the same stuff you see in National Geographic adventures and in many armies. Just half the price of most 4X4s, so tough it runs double the life of most other 4X4's, so rugged you can do a bit of cooking on the metal floor, performs so unbreakably well that the only modification soldiers do before going to war on it is to add a resting piece for their rifles.

rgds, LC

thanks whitecity for the feedback. i was thinking accord pero i typed honda :D pero you connected on what i was thinking-galing! :)

the new accord has come out already here. dont worry about the honda guys, a honda guy told me that their cars undergo major design changes after 4 yrs. the 2003 accord and civic have the upgrades. i was curious about the altima-maganda kasi feedback ng altima as it can out run BMWs on the freeway. also, competitive naman raw prices ng altima vs. an accord.

Can't outrun my 2003 BMW Z4 (the shark) B)

I'm still using my 95 lancer GLXi, my car since college. kahit luma na e ok pa din,hindi pa ko napapahiya nito, lalo na ngayong may mga modifications na kong nagawa!!! :lol: am thinking of changing the engine, yung pang-evolution na engine,sana meron ngang available.

every now and then i use the family van or my dad's nissan patrol.

If i get some money i'm thinking of buying the new mitsibishi pajero, mukhang maganda performance and comfort na ino-offer nya e! :blush:

Current is '89 Toyota Corolla SKD

Dream car....but attainable.. *sana*

2004 XJ8 Jaguar po sana.... 4.2L V8, 32 - Valve, 294 @ 6000 Horsepower

1950s Ford F1 or '49 Chevy truck

Porsche boxster, 911, H2, Diablo, VW Nardo (concept)... dami eh...

Edited by LoganX

hmm, currently i'm driving (N.B. not mine!! :lol: ) a 2002 mustang v6 coupe. ok din, 190 hp. ok sa mileage, kaso may mga "sakit" na rin. :unsure:

dream cars? hmm DAMI!!

sa mga attainable:

1)2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt Edition- medyo mahirap hanapin ito, kasi limited release lang kasi e :unsure:

2)2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra- challenging, kasi i have to learn how to drive stick AGAIN!! nakalimutan ko na kasi e.. :(

3)2003 Subaru WRX STi impreza- pwede, kaso medyo mahal siya, kahit dito sa states, kailangan pag-ipunan

4)2003 Ford Mustang GT- just like our mustang coupe, except it has 4.6 Liter V-8 260 HP

5)Ford Taurus SHO- sabi nga ng mga amerikano, "a wolf in sheeps clothing", kasi mukhang ordinaryong sedan lang, pero it has a 220HP 24 valve DOHC V-6 !!! :boo: plus its so cheap, usually under $10K

unattainable:

1)R34 Nissan Skyline- (yung blue)sa Japan lang meron nito, tapos hindi pa mass-produced, right hand drive pa!?! i have to be ridiculously rich to get this one, or maybe move to Japan... :evil:

My dream car is a Yugo, anybody selling one? I want one painted just like the green SEAIR jungle plane.

Since I can't get my Audi down here and it costs 3.2 million locally I'll settle for a used but reliable black or dark colored car that can get me to point A to point B to point P(erla Mansion) whoopee! :D

post-9-1073737221.jpg