WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

21 hours ago, Duel of Fate said:

Big E went from WWE Champion to midcard filler to getting a potential career ending injury from a jobber Ridge Holland in less than 6 months. ☹️

Yes i heard the news about Big E, I feel sad and sorry for him. Looks like his wrestling career is over based on an expert's analysis on the injuries he sustained, but he did not actually looked at the actual findings he just based it on the injuries reported, hopefully he could "kick out" of this one. If he could not, we could just look at the brighter side of things that Thank God he was not paralyzed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, METALFREAK said:

APRIL 1 is Coming!!!

Excited for IMPACT WRESTLING's MULTIVERSE OF MATCHES and IMPACT PROVINCIAL WRESTLING FEDERATION Events in WRESTLECON Dallas 2022.

and 

RING OF HONOR's SUPERCARD OF HONOR!!!

Lots of great happenings this 'Mania week! Excited to engage more in this topic! 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 6:59 PM, METALFREAK said:

Anyways GCW's Joey Janela's Spring Break 6 part 1 was Great Yesterday1933455351_images(10).jpeg.a7cc09c51f006f48ffadf89a75780c71.jpeg

Chanced upon this show yesterday and I must say... I was damn impressed. Key takeaways were:

X-Pac can still go despite retiring

Moxley is such a great worker even in a "smaller" venue or promotion like this

Mickie vs. Allie Katch was good

The Scramble Match was wild

Blake Christian (FKA Trey Baxter in NXT) is a stud. It's like watching a whole different person from what I've seen in NXT.

Overall GCW and Joey put on an excellent show. Gives me the early "cult-ish" ECW vibes.

• Like (+1) 1
22 hours ago, Raymoney said:

Chanced upon this show yesterday and I must say... I was damn impressed. Key takeaways were:

X-Pac can still go despite retiring

Moxley is such a great worker even in a "smaller" venue or promotion like this

Mickie vs. Allie Katch was good

The Scramble Match was wild

Blake Christian (FKA Trey Baxter in NXT) is a stud. It's like watching a whole different person from what I've seen in NXT.

Overall GCW and Joey put on an excellent show. Gives me the early "cult-ish" ECW vibes.

Nice to know that you've also watched it.

You mentioned Blake Christian, he is just back on being his ownself. Every wrestler that goes to wwe becomes a different person because wrestlers are so micromanaged over there, not only on their characters or gimmicks but also their in ring moves and performance, they are not allowed to do much over there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Winner! (+1) 1
11 hours ago, METALFREAK said:

Nice to know that you've also watched it.

You mentioned Blake Christian, he is just back on being his ownself. Every wrestler that goes to wwe becomes a different person because wrestlers are so micromanaged over there, not only on their characters or gimmicks but also their in ring moves and performance, they are not allowed to do much over there.

I agree with this. They're mostly watered down to a point that they become a shell of their former selves. I've seen a lot of recent jumpshippers (from NXT to AEW) who immensely improved their in-ring work -- namely Andrade, Swerve, FTR, and even Adam Cole. I can even think of names in the broader independent scene but there's that. Takeway is the WWE system is really not for everybody and it's so pleasing to see alternatives pop-up from time to time. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's Wrestlemania Backlash today! Quite excited for the main event. Sucks that the unification bout won't push through but we're going to see the Bloodline in full force against RK-Bro and Drew McIntyre. Interesting to see where this goes!

Other bouts I'm excited for: Rollins vs. Rhodes 2 and Edge vs. AJ Styles (I'm particular with this one because I personally feel their Wrestlemania match was really underwhelming)

20220429_WMBacklash_RKBRO_vs_Usos_FC_Date--a59cc2ddd0392dfc0d690909b6c0a6d5.jpeg

20220411_WMBacklash_Cody_vs_Seth_FC_Date--ffb6d89fd753de936fc277d085d7631d.jpeg

Match feature I want to share: Darby Allin vs. Jeff Hardy (AEW Dynamite - Owen Hart Foundation Tournament 5/11/22)

Awesome, awesome match. A bit too spotty at times, but seeing Jeff do all those wicked spots with good ol' JR on commentary takes me back. I'm a bit concerned about Jeff's well being at this stage of his career but I reckon he can still go. Darby on the other hand is great as usual, but there were certain spots that are too risky (at least for me) that I legitimately thought he hurt himself. Overall, a dream match that delivered. I have to give AEW the credit they deserve this week. 

Here's another one for the week: The Bloodline vs. RK-Bro & Drew McIntyre (Wrestlemania Backlash)

Again, Roman and the Bloodline proving they are on another level. For casual sports entertainment watchers, the pace of this match was great. The sequences, moves, and overall chemistry of the superstars involved was amazing. I've been seeing comments that this match had similarities to a PWG-style one and I agree. Riddle was my MVP in this match, and a close second comes Randy. A match that overdelivered in my eyes and I'm excited where this feud will go given Roman's new contract that allows him to work lesser dates than usual.

The Usos vs. RK-Bro (Tag Team Championship Unification Match - Smackdown 05/20/22)

This match had it all. The build-up, the "big fight feel", the emotions -- everything. Randy and Riddle are perhaps one of the best acts in WWE right now that no one even expected to last this long. They're such good babyfaces that even kids and the audiences were emotional after the beatdown they suffered from the hands of The Bloodline. A premium live event worthy match, I hope this serves as a precedent for the eventual Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns match.

The Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson) vs. Dante Martin & Matt Sydal (AEW Rampage 05/20/22)

Consistent great showing from the BCC. The BCC is perhaps my current favorite team in AEW (besides Starks &Hobbs). Gonna give credit to the high flyers for putting on a solid match against two of the very best in AEW, and being able to hang on most of the match. I'm not that sold yet on the BCC going against the Jericho Appreciation Society but let's see where that will go. Overall, a solid match from Mox and Bryan as usual.