Tips For The Newly Graduates

Kung di nyo kelangan ng pera immediately (ie tag gutom na pamilya mo, may cancer magulang mo etc) then go for passiob over pera. Dont go for a "meantime high paying job" because makakain kayo ng system. Master and learn everything u can, make as many mistakes as u can and always try something legendary for ur career. Pag nagawa mo na lahat yan, pera na ang hahabol sayo.

Learn how to communicate well.

And by this, I don't simply mean make sure that your grammar is correct and you don't make misspellings. What's more important is you know how to say what you want to say well and be understood well. Minsan kasi, kahit na gaano ka kagaling sa trabaho mo technically, minsan hindi nagiging OK sa mga katrabaho mo kung 'di mo masabi nang maayos kung ano 'yung gusto mong sabihin, or kung hindi mo maipaliwanag nang maayos kung ano 'yung kailangan mong ipaliwanag o ituro tungkol sa trabaho mo.

(Kasama din dito 'yung choice of words sa sasabihin mo...the wrong choice of words could also break your career, so choose your words well especially if you have to communicate in a very sensitive situation, e.g., kapag napagalitan ng boss, kapag performance evaluation mo, etc.)

• Like (+1) 1

I'll share what one of our senior exec shared with me (I could have sworn he read it somewhere but I can't recall so benefit of the doubt to him. Besides the way he delivered it was so appropriate for the situation at that time). Here's what he said (he's 62 na BTW - you'll know why I had to share this as you read on):

"When I was growing up I thought I should go out and change the world, as I went and learned about the world in my younger years I realized that I should just change my country, but it was also difficult so I figured I'd make a change in my town. As I grew older I realized I cannot change my town so I decided I will change my family, late into my years I learned that I cannot change others nor my family so I decided to change myself.

Now I am an old man and I learned that since I changed myself I was able to change my family, in turn we made a stronger impression in our town. This made our town so significant that our country started to notice and we were able to influence the country and who knows maybe later on...the world"

Young grads, before you go out to the world and blame everything for your success and failures, know that your future stats from what you change from within. There are bigger things in the world than us so we must learn to find our place in the world to understand how we can contribute. Not all of us will become CEOs, political leaders, technocrats or business moguls but this does not deny us the right to make a significant impact to society.

I am not a fan of telling people what to do but I am always happy to show people the opportunities that they can grab. The rest is up to you, be happy with what you chose and be honest with yourself with how you measure success.

Yun lang po..bow.

I thought this sounded familiar too. So, I had a look around, and it seems it's attributed to an unknown monk in 1100 A.D.

http://acumen.org/blog/i-wanted-to-change-the-world/

First of all, congratulations for completing the easiest part of life.

Now, work, don't complain, first stage is to learn everything you can in tour future employment.

Wag feeling entitled. Just work. Talk less, work more. Let your performance make the noise.

Good luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are in need of English Tutor for Koreans with 4K Signing Bonus this Nov 2015 !!!

REQUIREMENTS:

Candidate must possess at least a bachelor's degree of any field

Must be willing to work in Makati/Ortigas,Mon – Fri (2pm - 11 pm)

No work experience required

Candidate should have strong English language skills (both oral and written)

Candidate must have the passion for teaching

50 full-time positions available

Can start ASAP.

WE OFFER:

Competitive salary offer

HMO upon regularization

Training allowance

Weekends off

Regularization and promotion opportunities

Send your applications to jgo@chungdahm.com.ph

PROMO REFERRAL:

Refer as many as you can and get 4K incentive !!!

Want an instant PHP 4,000? Apply and get hired immediately and get 4K SIGNING BONUS or refer a friend and get 4K REFERRAL INCENTIVE. Sounds a lot of fun!!!

We are in need of English Tutor for Koreans with 4K Signing Bonus this Nov 2015 !!!

REQUIREMENTS:

Candidate must possess at least a bachelor's degree of any field

Must be willing to work in Makati/Ortigas,Mon – Fri (2pm - 11 pm)

No work experience required

Candidate should have strong English language skills (both oral and written)

Candidate must have the passion for teaching

50 full-time positions available

Can start ASAP.

WE OFFER:

Competitive salary offer

HMO upon regularization

Training allowance

Weekends off

Regularization and promotion opportunities

Send your applications to jgo@chungdahm.com.ph

PROMO REFERRAL:

Refer as many as you can and get 4K incentive !!!

thumbsupsmiley.gifthumbsupsmiley.gifthumbsupsmiley.gif

share naman kayo ng tips, do's and dont's, and views about :

- job hunting (information and techniques)

- job interviews (usual questions and best answers)

- resume

- self confidence (what to do when ure oh so nervous)

- starting salary and employers

- sss, tax, tin, benefits etc etc etc

- freelancer (may money ba dto?)

- call centers

Job Hunting:

• Go for something that is related to your course.
  • Be reasonable in asking for your starting salary.
  • Learn, learn, learn.
  • If opportunities arise, go for training... Dyan ka mag invest, maski personal mo... Don't wait for the company to send or give you one.
  • Be cooperative, practice good teamwork.
  • Always communicate... Ask questions if you don't understand what you are doing.
  • Look for your own personal purpose.

Money

• Save. As much as possible, scrimp on parties, inuman sessions.
  • Invest in investment products. Do not go for whole life insurance products.
  • Don't invest in a car first. But if you can, invest in real estate like condo units, lots, etc.

CV

• Keep it simple and clean. Hwag ka maglagay ng mga personal stuff (e.g. weight, height, etc...)

Self Confidence

• You are there to learn.. To get new experiences. Don't bloat it, and don't overhype everything.
  • Dress properly.
  • Observe good personal hygiene.
  • Try to practice communicating in English... And make your verbal skills straight to the point.

SSS and Other Benefits

• Automatic naman yan. Walang tips dyan.

Freelancer

• Although no one is stopping you to do that, kuha ka ng mainstream work muna and do freelancing on the sides. Remember, you need the experience and skills in the corporate environment.

Call Centers

• Wala namang masama dyan. But as I've said above, try to look for something that you enjoy doing, so that work will not be a chore.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 3 months later...

thumbsupsmiley.gifthumbsupsmiley.gifthumbsupsmiley.gif

share naman kayo ng tips, do's and dont's, and views about :

- job hunting (information and techniques)

- job interviews (usual questions and best answers)

- resume

- self confidence (what to do when ure oh so nervous)

- starting salary and employers

- sss, tax, tin, benefits etc etc etc

- freelancer (may money ba dto?)

- call centers

Job Hunting / Resume / Self Confidence

• It pays to get the word out there that you are on the "job hunt" ... family, friends, neighbors
  • Search ONLINE even the Classifieds of the major dailies ... especially on Sundays
  • Know what KIND of job you WANT or can DEAL with
  • Research on the company, even techniques on HOW TO do things (dressing up, writing your resume/CV, etc)
  • If you have a GOOD friend or family member you can PRACTICE with ... do like a MOCK interview, so you wont be TOO nervous & the answers will FLOW during the ACTUAL interview.
  • Zero in on the companies you're interested to apply with ... or JOIN your friends/fellow grads when they are applying. Try to SHARE info on companies to send your CV or apply with
  • It pays to list down EXTRA CURRICULAR activities you may have had ... or also part-time jobs
  • The CRITICAL part really is the INTERVIEW itself ... some schools get the graduates PREPARED with MOCK interviews but this is RARE. So, it would be VITAL for you to KNOW how to "sell" yourself and this is by EXPRESSING yourself to the person assigned to interview you. Be CONVERSATIONAL ... Being NERVOUS is a NORMAL bodily reaction. You can SHAKE it off or VISUALIZE (in the bathroom) how CONFIDENT you are when answering questions from the interviewer

SSS, TIN, PAGIBIG, etc.

• Before even attempting to go in for an interview/applying ... already ENSURE that you get the relevant government IDs that would be required from you: SSS, TIN, PAGIBIG, NBI/Police Clearance, etc.
  • Get GOOD ID photo(s) ... 2X2 and 1X1

Freelance

• Even before you GRADUATE ... having "part-time" work is a PLUS, especially during the SUMMER time. This gives the interviewer an impression that you're the type who likes making the MOST of their IDLE time ... :)
  • Freelance work is GOOD when/where you can get it ... MAXIMIZE your skills/talents/interests

Call Centers

• This isnt for EVERY one ... so, try ASSESS if you CAN handle the GRAVE YARD shift (that you're actually a NIGHT person)
  • Even the STRESS that comes along with answering calls & supporting the other person on the other line ... you may get IRATE callers. Those who arent used to being shouted at ... DONT go into this industry. People think that the TRAINING will help you into it ... NOPE! So, KNOW what you're GETTING into ... as with anything, this applies. ;)

Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...

Get a masters degree. A masters degree is definitely an advantage. In some cases you will even be behind if you don't have it because everyone else does. In some companies it's required for promotion to manager level.

If you don't have funds, there are many options. You can request your company foot the bill, of course in exchange for lock in period. Tiis ka nlang, it's a worthy investment. You can also try various scholarship funds, madami. Most large companies and rich businessmen have education funds. It doesn't hurt to inquire if you are eligible.

You can also try embassies. Many offer free study abroad. Europe, Australia, Japan, etc. mag inquire ka Lang, wala mawawala syo.

My advice is huwag Tamad or mahina loob. Dami opportunity sayang if Tamar or takot ka kunin. Be hardworking and aggressive, and most of all maintain integrity, and you will go far in this world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wag Kayo mapili sa trabaho or mabilang sa oras. Trust me, majority of bosses will reward you. There are some boss na gago, in that case, you should find other opportunities. But you should do that with all your bosses. It should always start with you. Di pwede Mauna yung reward.

• 4 weeks later...

It okay to look for career na gusto mo, have a goal, or follow your passion. But understand that you probably won't get there right away. Be patient. Unless you're lucky enough to have the right connections, you will have to start at the bottom and work your way up.

So don't be mapili sa trabaho and don't be mabilang sa oras. You will get promoted faster. If your boss is an a-hole, ayaw ka promote, then look for another job. But leave quietly, don't burn your bridges. Thank your boss for the opportunity khit gago sya, just keep it to yourself. You can use him as reference on a new job.

• 1 month later...